Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#212955  by 300maximilien
 January 6th, 2010, 12:01 pm
what happened to this color combo??
 #212960  by Timbo
 January 6th, 2010, 1:06 pm
300maximilien wrote:what happened to this color combo??

That was the Pacecar for 2009
 #212966  by 300maximilien
 January 6th, 2010, 1:29 pm
Timbo wrote:
300maximilien wrote:what happened to this color combo??

That was the Pacecar for 2009
OHHHHH!
 #212972  by Timbo
 January 6th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Here are a few shots taken at the mayors breakfast last year. They had the Pace Car available.

#212983  by beespecial
 January 6th, 2010, 4:49 pm
tinman wrote:Wasn't there a "reverse image" white Camaro with orange stripes as a pace car (way back when)?
Yep. 1969.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #212985  by tinman
 January 6th, 2010, 4:59 pm
Thanks!
 #213003  by geezer300M
 January 6th, 2010, 7:50 pm
Under that checkered hat is a bottle of Johnny Walker Red!
 #213019  by FIREM
 January 6th, 2010, 9:58 pm
YUP!!!Why else would anybody wear a hat like that in public!!!
 #213101  by BigMike60
 January 7th, 2010, 2:43 pm
One gal asked me at the Breakfast two years ago if she could have two of the checkered hats. She then said she wanted to use them as shoe bags. Nice, real nice. I blew her off.

On a different note, the M has been struck on the driver's rear door by some woman driving a 2009 Red CTS. Will be in to the body shop for an estimate tomorrow if the weather cooperates. The wife was real sorry about it, but I thought quickly about Darren McGavin's "major award" lamp in "A Christmas Story," when his wife seemed to make a clumsy move [unseen] that destroyed the lamp. Could she have wanted me to get rid of the M that much? Nah, just a senior moment where she forgot the M was in the driveway when she backed out of the garage. At least there was no damage to the CTS, and apparently all the damage to the door was caused by her turned-in right front wheel as she made the curving turn to go down the driveway. She was apoplectic in telling me.

Oh, well. Another grand down the drain. Will get her back to top shape shortly....the car not my wife. lol 8)
 #213111  by tinman
 January 7th, 2010, 3:10 pm
BigMike60 wrote:One gal asked me at the Breakfast two years ago if she could have two of the checkered hats. She then said she wanted to use them as shoe bags. Nice, real nice. I blew her off.

On a different note, the M has been struck on the driver's rear door by some woman driving a 2009 Red CTS. Will be in to the body shop for an estimate tomorrow if the weather cooperates. The wife was real sorry about it, but I thought quickly about Darren McGavin's "major award" lamp in "A Christmas Story," when his wife seemed to make a clumsy move [unseen] that destroyed the lamp. Could she have wanted me to get rid of the M that much? Nah, just a senior moment where she forgot the M was in the driveway when she backed out of the garage. At least there was no damage to the CTS, and apparently all the damage to the door was caused by her turned-in right front wheel as she made the curving turn to go down the driveway. She was apoplectic in telling me.

Oh, well. Another grand down the drain. Will get her back to top shape shortly....the car not my wife. lol 8)
MMMMmmmm, not happy. Can't say what you really want to say. :evil:
 #213227  by FIREM
 January 8th, 2010, 7:19 am
Pictures do not do the cars or the Festival princesses justice, you really have to see tham in person.......(no pressure)
 #213283  by BigMike60
 January 8th, 2010, 5:47 pm
Well the estimate is done. Book value on the M is about $1,200.00 according to the Kelly Blue Book. The estimate is $1,400.00. The decision is..... to fix it. Never a doubt there, but the wife suggested I save the cash and give the car to a friend's son. Yeah, right. No insurance claim either, this one is going to be out of pocket. Insurance would "total" it, and raise my rate, so I will eat this one. They can't even get to it until the 2nd week in Feb, and then it will be in the shop for a week. Then to the graphics guys to redo that. Oh, well, so much for this year's performance bonus. lol
 #213284  by tinman
 January 8th, 2010, 5:58 pm
Obviously you're not a happy camper. I don't think I would be, either. We are all in your corner, Mike.
 #213309  by BigMike60
 January 8th, 2010, 10:28 pm
"We can rebuilt it, we can make it better." quote from the opening of the 6 Million Dollar Man TV series. 8) My quote: "She will run Indy again."
 #213893  by alandw
 January 14th, 2010, 8:41 pm
That's the spirit! The pheonix will rise again!
Bring her back better than ever. I can't wait to see this car in the "flesh" @ INDY.