#216404  by geezer300M
 February 9th, 2010, 2:48 pm
I'm ready now!!
 #216408  by Timbo
 February 9th, 2010, 3:48 pm
I will be arriving on Thursday Night. :) Can't miss Fast Friday
 #216409  by alandw
 February 9th, 2010, 3:50 pm
At some point. we'll need to get a caravan post started - I will be out there by THU night as well. I'm sure starting from New England - we can keep picking up M's along the way until we arrive in force!!
 #216427  by FIREM
 February 9th, 2010, 5:48 pm
I'M Rubbin!!!!! Lets get this party started!!!!
Looks like Thurs "noonish" departure from NJ
 #216699  by BigMike60
 February 11th, 2010, 9:55 pm
Called the Festival folks yesterday and once again they have changed contact persons. That is the third one in three years. Must be a revolving door there. Anyway, am waiting a call back from the POC to get the rates and coordination with Paulette for payment. Will post something as soon as I nail it down. The juices are flowing already. Have seats ordered for this year's race. "Drive it [life] like you stole it," because you never know when your time is up. 8)

I am contemplating a more generic street sign this year, so those that can't come can maybe get one if there are any leftovers at a later meet like Carlysle. It would be generic enough to all LH platform cars like Treps and Concords that all came like the 300M from the Brampton plant. Maybe "A BRAMPTON BULLET." I did one of those some years ago, and am toying with the idea in lieu of an Indy specific one. Just thinking about it. 8)
 #216727  by beespecial
 February 12th, 2010, 7:24 am
Yeah, the hotel has a new contact person as well. I spoke with him briefly yesterday and am going to meet with him in person on Tuesday 2/16. What he did tell me was that we won't be able to use the south parking lot of the hotel this year because of another (bigger) group that always stays there for pole day weekend and they set up a big tent. Since there's only one weekend of qualifications this year, now we're competing for the same spot. He said there are other parts of their lot we can use but I want to go there and see for myself what he has in mind. If it's not a good fit I'll see if I can find a different hotel.
 #216730  by FIREM
 February 12th, 2010, 9:27 am
Other side past water park where we wash may work....but it is a much longer walk to the "refreshments"
 #216748  by beespecial
 February 12th, 2010, 4:41 pm
FIREM wrote:Other side past water park where we wash may work....but it is a much longer walk to the "refreshments"
Longer walk to the refreshments? What, you're gonna leave your 'hat' somewhere else?

Yeah, the north end of the lot might work, it's just a lot closer to the freeway. Will be a bit noiser.
 #217143  by BigMike60
 February 17th, 2010, 7:46 pm
Still no call back from the Festival poc. Maybe the snow is affecting things up in Indiana. Anyway, I will be on the horn with her tomorrow for sure.

On the hotel, I would not get all wrapped around the axle on a display area unless we get more than 15 cars expected to show up. As long as we can wash em when we need to, I think there are probably a lot of areas near enough to the hotel itself to work. What kind of cars are with the other group that puts up a tent? Maybe it is a Vette group which would be nice. They could admire our M's. lol :wink:
 #217188  by p3waters
 February 18th, 2010, 10:59 am
Hi Mike,
Those people at the festival are always so hard to contact. The very first contact can't remember her name at least called back when I worked with her. Maybe she was to efficient? Oh well. But you are right maybe the snow is affecting things. Anyway let me know. Take care.
 #217190  by FIREM
 February 18th, 2010, 11:46 am
Paulette, are you and Roger coming to Indy?? Would be great to meet you !!!
 #217192  by LUNAT1C
 February 18th, 2010, 12:05 pm
You know, if I get that internship this summer, I might be able to go to this (it's on the way to the lab in Colorado... the other lab is just south of the Chicago loop... Argonne I think it was).

Still waiting [im]patiently for the labs to make their choices before I lose hope and start shooting off job apps instead...
 #217207  by beespecial
 February 18th, 2010, 3:08 pm
FIREM wrote:Paulette, are you and Roger coming to Indy?? Would be great to meet you !!!
X2 !!!
 #217209  by beespecial
 February 18th, 2010, 3:47 pm
BigMike60 wrote:On the hotel, I would not get all wrapped around the axle on a display area unless we get more than 15 cars expected to show up. As long as we can wash em when we need to, I think there are probably a lot of areas near enough to the hotel itself to work. What kind of cars are with the other group that puts up a tent? Maybe it is a Vette group which would be nice. They could admire our M's. lol :wink:
Nearly everyone in the group using the tent will be flying in. I don't think they're a car group that we could interact with. It remains to be seen whether they would invite us into the tent. Or if we would want to go for that matter. They will be there to go to the track so I'm thinking they're probably party people.

I like the south lot much better just because the cars seem safer parked there overnight rather than way back on the north lot. We should still have plenty of room on the south lot even with a tent set up. In the pic below, the red box represents where the tent will be set up and the approximate space it will eat up. Of course that's where we usually set up too. The green box shows where we could congregate instead. The other pic is of the north lot. The guy I talked to said we could make it a 'game time decision' and decide where we want to go when everyone gets here.

As soon as he gets me the contract, I'll get some more info posted. But he did say he would match last years room rates so we've got that going for us. No increase! Woo Hoo!