Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Indy Meet 2010

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#217213  by p3waters
 February 18th, 2010, 4:34 pm
We would love to go to Indy and meet everyone but unfortunately we are not able to.

The woman that watches our dogs (we now have 3 greyhounds) is out of town every year on the same weekend. She goes to a greyhound gathering in Utah. People come from all over the country for this event and bring their dogs . We went with the group there a few years ago we only had one greyhound at the time and it was fun. This year its to hard to go even there with three dogs.
 #217216  by geezer300M
 February 18th, 2010, 5:46 pm
Good deal on the room rates, John. Way to go!
Looks like there is more than enough room for us on the south end (Bar end). Of course if the tent people are boozers we could have footprints on our hoods. :what
 #217218  by 300maximilien
 February 18th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Looks like the pool has some slide/tubes! Are they cool??

just tossing an idea out there....I wonder how much an overnight security patrol would run? Would make that north lot very secure then!
 #217220  by FIREM
 February 18th, 2010, 6:09 pm
If the hotel will box off the area in the south lot for us, good deal. The place was fairly quiet last year when I stayed for the week. I don't think there are any big deal security issues.
I was there a week and did not use the water park... extra $$ I just used the hotel pool and hot tub...when I wasnt out in the parking lot...
 #217224  by swalker
 February 18th, 2010, 6:23 pm
I vote south.
 #217225  by geezer300M
 February 18th, 2010, 6:30 pm
swalker wrote:I vote south.
Me Too!
 #217236  by BigMike60
 February 18th, 2010, 8:50 pm
Yeah, what the other guys said. Only contract security if I bring the Challenger. lol
 #217245  by beespecial
 February 18th, 2010, 11:23 pm
Got the contract this evening and I have one item to clear up with them before I accept it. There's a paragraph that would hold us (probably me since I sign it) liable for the rooms if we cancel the contract on short notice. In all the years we've held this meet I've gotten the hotels to waive that item. I don't want to leave the chance for them to come back at me or the club for rooms we didn't use. I asked for 16 rooms from Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Bob, I didn't know for sure if you are staying the week again so I didn't ask for the club rate for the week. If you're staying the week let me know and I'll see if I can get you the club rate for your whole stay if you want.
 #217259  by FIREM
 February 19th, 2010, 7:53 am
Unfortunatly not staying the week this time (unless something changes at the last minute, then I will figure it out)
Havent trashed a hotel room (yet) LOL...
Get a sign up list going soon, looking like we may fill 16 rooms...
 #217544  by SilverHawk35
 February 21st, 2010, 10:18 pm
i really want to be a part of this meet but i dont know what to do to get involved i dont really want to go to the race or the events, i just like being around car guys ( 300M Guys) 8)
 #217545  by beespecial
 February 21st, 2010, 10:29 pm
SilverHawk35 wrote:i really want to be a part of this meet but i dont know what to do to get involved i dont really want to go to the race or the events, i just like being around car guys ( 300M Guys) 8)
Attendance to the track is NOT a requirement for this meet but many of us will be going there especially on Saturday and probably on Friday as well. Multi-day club meets seem to work better when there is a local event going on or the meet is planned to be members doing repairs or mods on their cars.

The schedule of events has just been posted so you can see there will be time together away from the track. Specifically at the hotel for shinin' and impromptu fixin'. We also go to eat at a local restaurant and have been known to do some of our own racing at the kart track. Please come by. I really hope to have another Indy resident join us.
 #217578  by beespecial
 February 22nd, 2010, 11:38 am
Ugh. I just realized that when I posted the details of the meet I left off the schedule of events. That's what happens when you try to do things just before bedtime. I'll get the schedule posted later today.

87 days til Indy Meet 2010!

Edit:
The Schedule of Events has been added to the bottom of the Details page.
 #219575  by JimJ1485
 March 12th, 2010, 1:45 pm
Okay! Everyone seems so psyched that you've talked me into it. I'm going to gather the two boys and wife and come to Indy. It's about ten hours from Arkansas so we're going to stop at St Louis for a day at the zoo and finish the drive to Indy on Thursday. Does club rate cover Sunday night too? Probably will come back home on Monday. Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your cars. Now I have renewed inspiration to spruce up mine before the meet.
 #219578  by FIREM
 March 12th, 2010, 2:01 pm
Super deal, I won't be the only Red M there!!!!!!
Discount rate good for the weekend plus.
Last year I spent he week.
This year Thurs- Sun Depart Monday morning.
Family will enjoy the ride and the sights and sounds of Indy!!
Document your mileage....
 #219594  by beespecial
 March 12th, 2010, 5:39 pm
Be advised I didn't negotiate a club rate over Sunday night this year. But if you ask for it when you make the reservation, they most likely will give it to you. It's always great to have some members come to the meets that have never attended before. Looking forward to meeting you.