Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • North Jersey, NY, PA, Meet, April 16th, Astoria Park, 11am

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#254575  by aliskerov
 April 17th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Sounds like a good time, but wish the weather was better for you guys. I know we got Indy and Carlisle coming up with everyone trying to fix their cars up for them, but I certainly think that it would be awesome to meet up once over this summer. Im graduating May 26th, after that I'll be working Monday thru Friday - weekends available again...lol. Murphy's Law at work for ya. Summer is a great time for a cookout, I'm sure we can find a park with a parking lot that would permit us to set up a grill, a cooler full drinks, a bunch of fold out seats and just have a good time. If I could get a head count WITH a date in June that would be preferable, I would be glad to orchestrate this one. Let me know guys
 #254588  by BossSlate
 April 17th, 2011, 4:35 pm
First off I wanna say much respect to the guys who made it to the meet yesterday (ironically with the exception of me,,,all from outta state).We knew the weather was bad but we made the effort.It was great to meet Bill,Keith,Alan,Seth and Robert.Bill summed up the social aspects.Keith Alan and Seth followed me back to the Bronx to pick up some old foglights I had laying around.The drive wasnt anything out of the ordinary....by the way you guys did an awesome job keeping up,not that I was driving fast, but its very easy to get lost/cutoff in NY traffic.Im gonna try to make Carlisle.Alan and Robert gotta few goodies theyre adding to their rides so I gotta go to Carlisle to check em out(ssshhh....real hush hush)
 #254606  by LUNAT1C
 April 17th, 2011, 10:32 pm
Bill, I got there about 1/4 after 1, lol. I wasn't THAT late haha.

Next meet... let's have it outside any metropolitan center. I can't stand city driving! NYC was nice in that if you missed a street, the grid layout was easy enough to follow and make your way back. But, the traffic was horrible, as usual... made worse by the downpour. Though it was interesting driving right by the Empire State Building... looking right out of the sunroof, and getting a bit of vertigo lol. Glad I was sitting for that.
 #254625  by YardleyBill
 April 18th, 2011, 8:18 am
rknapp wrote:Bill, I got there about 1/4 after 1, lol. I wasn't THAT late haha.
I honestly forgot what time you arrived, so I took an average of times I thought it was. :) I was too busy trying to stay away from that squirrel and finding the nearest hospital on my iPhone in case anyone got bit.

If we hadn't been following each other I think we could have cut down on the driving time with some really aggressive driving, but I don't think it would have even saved that much. 15 lanes or whatever it is going down to 2 to the tunnel is what caused all the problem.
 #254640  by LUNAT1C
 April 18th, 2011, 11:57 am
Yeah, as we got near the street for the tunnel I had an opening to shoot ahead by several cars and took it. Cut off a Civic, but only because a bus decided to make the turn in front of me and forced me over lmao.
 #254648  by YardleyBill
 April 18th, 2011, 1:34 pm
rknapp wrote:Yeah, as we got near the street for the tunnel I had an opening to shoot ahead by several cars and took it. Cut off a Civic, but only because a bus decided to make the turn in front of me and forced me over lmao.
No problem. :)

I would have done the same thing blocks behind but I didn't want to lose you. You were right behind me and it happened enough times already! Did you see that hot dog vendor who was blocking traffic at one point?

I was planning on driving our the city to sight-see for a little bit but considering how long that little jaunt took and the weather I'm glad I bolted.
 #254660  by LUNAT1C
 April 18th, 2011, 3:27 pm
The one time I wished the M wasn't such a boat... hahaha.
 #256075  by M-Pressive
 May 4th, 2011, 2:32 pm
I have some pictures to put up from the meet. Just need to get them on the 300m Fotki account.

Should be up soon.