Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#250526  by DKano
 March 5th, 2011, 6:32 pm
1. aliskerov
2. norbertg240
3. SPAD3
4. BossSlate (April 23rd is my birthday. In fave of the 23rd)
5. JAMROCK
6. rknapp (fine with either at this point, unless something else comes up)
7. silverspecial (16th)
8. alandw (either date -> 23rd)
9. boriquatwin (love the 23rd)
10.DaleFicken (Can't wait)
11. DKano (either date)
12. YardleyBill
 #250664  by LUNAT1C
 March 6th, 2011, 11:35 pm
I'm not sure awards are appropriate for a small gathering, but food and drinks might not be a bad idea. We'll see as the day comes closer.
 #250713  by 300maximilien
 March 7th, 2011, 10:45 am
OK...SO LETS ARGUE ABOUT THIS AS WELL

it appears this will be LARGER than the OC meet and there were awards there IIRC

and according to the guidelines "size doesn't matter"
Submit an event plan and budget to the Club.
The 300M Enthusiasts Club Board of Directors is responsible for approving expenditures associated with
Club events. Submit your plan and proposed budget directly to the President (president@300mclub.org)
and he/she will present it to the rest of the Board as appropriate. Be sure to plan plenty of time before the
actual proposed event date

Appropriate expenses may include (but are not necessarily limited to) the following:
Award trophies (for car show judging), normally limited to (xx) trophies
Door prizes (may be Club embroidered items, shirts, caps, etc)
Food and beverage for a kick-off get-together
Club-compensated expenses for any single event will be roughly proportional to the number of members
attending the event. That calculation will be at the discretion of the Board of Directors seated at the time.
albeit the last line is a bit vague and may need some fine tuning IMO

also
It has been traditional
that the Club would cover the reasonable expenses for the kick-off party
 #250734  by FIREM
 March 7th, 2011, 1:52 pm
No need to argue about this or any other event, discuss yes.
Event coordinator for this and or any other event is encouraged to submit a plan for consideration of club support.
The guidelines were set up as a unified place to start so all club members could participate and benfit from such events.
The only reason the plan needs to be submitted to the "president" is to let members know who to send the request to. It is then presented to the BOD for final discussion and action.
True, size does not matter, OC event planers went thru the process and it worked.
Send us a plan for consideration, the BOD will gladly look at it.
 #250740  by M-Pressive
 March 7th, 2011, 2:22 pm
The event is coming up next month. Who is planning the event? I am willing to help out if necessary, I just don't think a planner has been decided on at this point.
 #250741  by alandw
 March 7th, 2011, 2:29 pm
aliskerov really kicked off this post and its has grown nicely to include a dozen interested members. I was not really thinking awards as its a one day event, but we certainly could - a lot of nice M's coming. Food was not really an issue when it was a couple people hanging out, but with 12, we might want to jazz this up a bit.
At the moment, we are still in the date selection phase - 4/16 or 4/23. The location is already set and it will probably go from late morning thru the day - or- maybe lunch into evening. Still planning.
I for one, and Keith (also attending) are very familiar with event planning from OC and will assist/coordinate with the new members are first time meet attendees to ensure a successful event. As Craig was suggesting, maybe we have enough people to take this meet to the next level.
 #250744  by LUNAT1C
 March 7th, 2011, 2:41 pm
300maximilien wrote:12 peeps/cars is not small IMO...but it's up to you guys throwing it
In my experience with small gatherings (get to the definition of that in a minute), usually we're lucky to see half of the people signing up actually come, and I attend several such gatherings throughout the year. Be they "Hey, lets get dinner at Restaurant ABC in DEF Town on GHI day," or "Hey, let's have a mod day, who's in??", it's just friends hanging out and poking fun at, err, thinking fondly of the ones who live close and didn't come. Yeah, that's the ticket... :P

When I say small gathering I'm not referring to the number of cars and people. I literally mean a small gathering of people, meaning a group of friends getting together to chat, gush over each others cars, have a meal, etc. I've only ever seen awards handed out at literal car shows. Carlisle, OC, On The Border Rt. 1, the annual Mars Snackfood show, all examples of where I've been and seen awards passed out.

AFAIK, this is simply a small gathering of 300M Enthusiast's Club members and friends coming together for camaraderie.

That said, we need to assign a dedicated event planner/coordinator if we are to ask the club for assistance with at least food and beverages.
 #250746  by M-Pressive
 March 7th, 2011, 2:44 pm
I wasn't really thinking we would hand out awards at the meet either. I just thought it was a get together that a bunch of people were coming to. I am not opposed to it just had not considered it.

Picking an event planner if food and beverage are going to be considered is a good plan though.
 #250749  by beespecial
 March 7th, 2011, 3:28 pm
Go the distance with this. You never know, it could turn into an annual meet that nobody wants to miss. Even if it's just a one day event.
 #250750  by EasyRider300M
 March 7th, 2011, 3:35 pm
you might consider doing a few door prizes from the club merchandise store ---
 #250752  by alandw
 March 7th, 2011, 4:03 pm
beespecial wrote:Go the distance with this. You never know, it could turn into an annual meet that nobody wants to miss. Even if it's just a one day event.
You're right John - could be just the beginning!
EasyRider300M wrote:you might consider doing a few door prizes from the club merchandise store ---
I like that for this "inaugural" NY/NJ/CT/MA Meet.
 #250755  by YardleyBill
 March 7th, 2011, 4:19 pm
Is food possible at this location?

Or would we have to do a restaurant afterward?

That might impact people's choice of dates.