• Galesburg, Illinois Meet - April 16-17

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#251838  by 300MAZING
 March 17th, 2011, 3:31 pm
beespecial wrote:I expect to be making my hotel reservations in the next couple of days. What about the rest of you guys? Let's make this meet something that Cory will want to do again.
I was thinking of doing the same. What hotel are you staying at?
Maybe we can share rooms and split costs depending on how many people are staying.
 #251846  by grayslater
 March 17th, 2011, 4:46 pm
The most reasonable one is probably the Super 8 about 10 miles down the road in Knoxville. Last year when I checked, I could have reserved these for about $49/night. I think the priced match a place downtown but I knew that location wasn't great (trains). Better location with price in mind would be the Comfort Inn. That's about 2 miles down the road. Both are very easy to get to. Best Western Plus would be another alternative and would be about 5 miles away. Just checked their site and their "internet rates" are better than their Best Available Rates.
 #251853  by beespecial
 March 17th, 2011, 7:30 pm
I was considering the Comfort Inn and will probably go there. The Super 8 had some really bad reviews online. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
 #252863  by carlr
 March 28th, 2011, 1:48 pm
i definitely plan on being there! although, everyone has nicer M's than me...
 #252932  by grayslater
 March 29th, 2011, 5:54 am
Potentially

1. Grayslater - Cory & Family
2. Nitrohog- Jerry, will probably swing down for a day or so.
3. 300MAZING -Dan- Friday night through sunday?
4. Beespecial - John - Saturday & Sunday
5. SPAD3 - Josh And Fam
6. Carlr
 #253057  by 300MAZING
 March 30th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Im excited to meet everyone that is attending.
I have a few mods to work on and a few reg maintenance items to do.
I am a little worried about the road conditions on the drive there and back.
My tire size is not very forgiving of pot holes. :eek
 #253065  by SPAD3
 March 30th, 2011, 6:19 pm
300MAZING wrote:

Slow and steady. When I was driving my special back from cleaveland I hit one, it was raining and hole was full of water, put a $85 gouge in it. It had the 20" SRT on it with rubber bands. Wheel doctor in Cincy did an amazing job though. GOing on the 99 now.... pics to come :}
 #253105  by grayslater
 March 31st, 2011, 6:09 am
300MAZING wrote:Im excited to meet everyone that is attending.
I have a few mods to work on and a few reg maintenance items to do.
Dan, you'll more than likely be taking a similar route I do once you make it to northern Iowa. The Avenue of the Saints is pretty good on the road conditions from our past trips. US 218, I380, I80, and I280 are all pretty good. I74 is probably the worst but nothing I haven't traveled with my special. I usually get off on I280 instead of staying on I80 due to the less traffic and semis. It's only an additional mile I believe.

If anyone is making plans now, PM me and I'll send you my address.
 #253106  by grayslater
 March 31st, 2011, 6:11 am
Where are all those Chicago members? You guys need to come down to the lighter side of Illinois. :)
 #253489  by jim2891
 April 4th, 2011, 8:22 am
I hadn't heard from my supervisor if my days off were approved (submitted the request nearly 2 weeks ago) so I asked him last night and at this time it looks like I am being denied so I won't be able to make the trip unless something changes soon but I doubt that will happen.

Cory, do you ever have a fall gathering? Something like that would be pretty easy for me to get time off for, the spring & summer is just hard to get approved time off since I work for a ice-cream company and naturally the spring/summer seasons are the busy time of year for me.
 #253493  by C@rnage
 April 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
C@rnage wishes he could go....i work saturdays and that particular sunday i will have my kid.Besides my M would be the laughing stock of the meet lol.Ah well have fun w/o me guys
 #253541  by grayslater
 April 4th, 2011, 8:18 pm
jim2891 wrote:I hadn't heard from my supervisor if my days off were approved (submitted the request nearly 2 weeks ago) so I asked him last night and at this time it looks like I am being denied so I won't be able to make the trip unless something changes soon but I doubt that will happen.

Cory, do you ever have a fall gathering? Something like that would be pretty easy for me to get time off for, the spring & summer is just hard to get approved time off since I work for a ice-cream company and naturally the spring/summer seasons are the busy time of year for me.
Sorry your vacation has been denied, Jim. I'm not apposed to a fall meet, we'll just have to see how things go. Did someone say "discount" on ice cream? Mmmmmmm
 #253549  by alandw
 April 4th, 2011, 8:46 pm
Cory - good luck with your meet - I really hope this comes together for you all - great way to kick of the year!
 #253795  by grayslater
 April 8th, 2011, 6:10 am
Only one more week guys. Make your plans and attend this meet. I don't know of any others that are in the works any further west. I'll be practicing this weekend and doing a timing belt/water pump maintenance for my uncle.
 #253831  by Gemini
 April 8th, 2011, 12:58 pm
o man i hope i can make it im not to sure yet...