• Galesburg, Illinois Meet - April 16-17

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#254411  by jim2891
 April 15th, 2011, 8:30 am
Unfortunately it's a firm no from me on attending now as my new work schedule came out and I have to work Sunday evening. I was anticipating I would have the night off but due to someone else getting a different job, several of us have now have to fill the void. The good part is that at least the extra hours will turn into overtime later in the week!

I hope everyone has a great time and perhaps I'll be able to attend a different meet when another is held.
 #254450  by grayslater
 April 15th, 2011, 7:28 pm
Sorry you can't make it, Jim. For those other attending, weather.com states the following.
Tomorrow: A steady light rain early...then remaining cloudy with a few showers. High 52F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Unfortunately this will not be a "show & shine" meet. :) But there will still be room in the garage for chairs and a couple of cars. :mrgreen:
 #254480  by grayslater
 April 16th, 2011, 7:59 am
Garage is prepped for whomever shows!
 #254481  by M-Pressive
 April 16th, 2011, 8:04 am
Have a great meet Cory. Make sure you take some pictures.
 #254483  by carlr
 April 16th, 2011, 9:08 am
hey cory, i will only be able to make it for tomorrow - hope i don't mess up your head count for lunch. i will be bringing a camera, however, to record the good times.
 #254493  by grayslater
 April 16th, 2011, 3:25 pm
Dan, where you at?? It's just John and me here!? Where'd everybody go??
 #254508  by grayslater
 April 16th, 2011, 8:21 pm
carlr wrote:hey cory, i will only be able to make it for tomorrow - hope i don't mess up your head count for lunch. i will be bringing a camera, however, to record the good times.
Carl, do you have an ETA on when you might be arriving? It may influence the attendance of others. Thanks.

Today was kind of a "bomb" and was a mini meet of "Specials". It was a pleasure seeing John again. Hopefully again tomorrow based on others commitments. Jerry's "hoping" he can attend.

I just want to be upfront with everyone so they are aware of who will or will not be here. :ohwell
 #254509  by grayslater
 April 16th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Sunday's weather forecast....
Tomorrow: Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 59F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
 #254515  by beespecial
 April 16th, 2011, 9:42 pm
Day 1 of the Galesburg meet is in the books with only 2 names on the attendance sheet. It was good to see Cory & family again and we both actually made some improvements to our cars. Minor improvements, but improvements none the less. Really wish more of those who commited to come would have or at least posted that they weren't coming. Was looking forward to meeting some different members. But anyway, it was good to get some serious seat time in the Special.
 #254536  by grayslater
 April 17th, 2011, 8:10 am
beespecial wrote:Day 1 of the Galesburg meet is in the books with only 2 names on the attendance sheet. It was good to see Cory & family again and we both actually made some improvements to our cars. Minor improvements, but improvements none the less. Really wish more of those who commited to come would have or at least posted that they weren't coming. Was looking forward to meeting some different members. But anyway, it was good to get some serious seat time in the Special.
Yes, I hope that those that hadn't commented are well and nothing ill has happened to them?? I'm also surprised how a couple guys here (not mentioning any names) had committed to more than one event on the same weekend and didn't even realize they had done as such.

Well, anyhow, I tried. I tried offering a place for those to gather, eat, meet new friends, share knowledge, and offer personal assistance. Not sure what else I have to do to put together a successful meet? There aren't any other wrenching type meets available within hundreds of miles.

As long as I don't have any other personal plans, my door is usually open to those that need a helping hand. If you need some work on your car and I'm able to assist, send me a PM.
 #254548  by grayslater
 April 17th, 2011, 9:24 am
Looks like John has left this morning and Jerry and his girlfriend are coming. Still wondering about Carl??
 #254573  by carlr
 April 17th, 2011, 1:03 pm
be on my way soon, i will be giving you a call - me and the girl got a late start.
 #254592  by grayslater
 April 17th, 2011, 5:47 pm
I want to thank Jerry and Ashley for making an appearance today. The three of us hung out talking about everything for about 4 hours when Carl and Abby joined us. I showed Carl how to change his fog lights and helped him with one of his center covers that had fallen off of one of his wheels. Again much discussion on all sorts of topic. Logan couldn't keep away from any of them and had to show off his driving skills with his bike and electric four-wheeler. :)

Sorry, no pictures were taken this weekend. :(
 #254600  by carlr
 April 17th, 2011, 8:20 pm
thanks for the help today, cory - won't have to worry about fog bulbs for quite awhile now. brake pedal won't be sliding around either! thanks again, and i am sure i'll see you soon.
 #254601  by Nitrohog
 April 17th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Thanks for hosting the meet, I just wish you had a little better turnout given the nice weather on Sunday and the nice facilities that you offered to help with some maintenance in. We had fun shooting the breeze and checking out the Special, that car really makes me want to make the jump into a Special. Maybe someday if I find the right one lol.