Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Indy 2012

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#283368  by BigMike60
 June 1st, 2012, 7:47 pm
I touched base with the photo shop today. I gave them detailed info to assist them in finding the key photos some of which were on the Indy site and some we had yet to see [Ron's car]. I was assured that they would be looking for what we need, but right now they were really busy with some big time stuff on the Celebration of Automobiles event that was held a week earlier. The four pictures that Bob, John, Stan, and I had on the IMS site and which we wanted are there now and can be purchased on line at that site. But, there are only 2 on-line purchase sizes: 8 x 10 and 12 x 16. The small one is about $10 plus shipping. Can't recall what the bigger one was. Anyway, the Photo shop can do other sizes if we order from them. 11 x 14 is about $27 as I recall. My point of contact suggested that we order from them rather than on-line if we want alternate sizes. I leave it to Bob, John and Stan to let me know what you want to do. I offered to be the POC for us, take the orders, make the payment and then get reimbursement when I get them to you guys. Otherwise, you can order the image on the IMS site and just let me know. I plan on getting the one of my car in 11 x 14 and hope to have her crop off some of the stands in the background so a few people sitting there are eliminated from it. Let me know what you plan on doing. On the issue of a Jpeg image, I cannot speak to that right now, but as a yearly ticket holder there is a fan perk of being able to download 10 images off the site, so I may be able to get some images. I couldn't figure out how to do it yet though. Will have to explore that later after we get the print issues resolved and get the pictures we want found and ordered. Will advise as things develope. I will be out of the net next week until Wednesday as far as talking to Indy, so I will check back with her the end of next week. Keep on truckin and we will get this all done sometime, hopefully before Carlisle so I can get them to you guys who are going there.
 #283371  by 300maximilien
 June 1st, 2012, 8:28 pm
FWIW the pics are not trademarked and if you right click on the pic and save you could take it to Walgreens and have a print made.
 #283373  by BigMike60
 June 1st, 2012, 9:56 pm
The issue would be one of copyright infringement, not a trademark issue. The issue for the drivers [and the Club] is that the photo shop, as in past years, did not charge us for sending a photog out to photograph our run. At the time of our lap, no people would have been allowed in the area where the photog did his work, nor could anyone have gotten there to do private shooting given the drive in rules. The "understanding" is and has been that for their support of our effort, we would purchase any photos from the trackside shop, not rip the images and get them printed elsewhere. That is one reason that they would send me thumbnail shots for review. Others can do what they want I suppose, but I intend to obtain my photos in a manner that reflects well on the Club. The price for the
8 x 10 size is not out of line with similar photos that are routinely sold there and elsewhere.
 #283374  by 300maximilien
 June 1st, 2012, 10:09 pm
I guess that's what I meant. They are not copyrighted/watermarked. I didn't mean "Steal" them......I just noticed they didn't water mark them....maybe I missed a statement on their site about copyright?
 #283827  by BigMike60
 June 8th, 2012, 12:47 pm
On the photography, we are in the final stages, but still not finalized. If you, i.e., Bob, John, Cory, Stan, Ron, and/or Travis want an 8 x 10 [about $10] let me know what image number you want ,and I will get one order for them all, pay, and get reimbursed at Carlisle. This will save postage for everyone. I have tracked down the shots that we need, and just have to confirm with the photo shop. Mine is FM 82348; John is FM 82338; Bob is FM 82335; Ron is FM 82345-001; Cory is FM 82344-001; Stan is FM 82349 or 350; Travis is FM 82340. The first 3 and Stan's can be seen on the IMS photo gallery site accessible from the bottom of the page under "media." We are on Pole Day pages 3 & 4.

Let me know your desires. I believe that if you go to 11 x 14 [which I intend to do] it is about $26. I also asked about superimposing Indy 500 logo/image on the prints but don't know on that yet. Also, I want them to crop out some fans
sitting in the stands if they can and I need to find out on that. Please let me know quickly what you want to do.
 #283829  by FIREM
 June 8th, 2012, 1:39 pm
Mike, I'm in for the 8x10 same as image in my signature
 #283830  by BigMike60
 June 8th, 2012, 1:41 pm
OK Bob. Figured that.
 #283841  by grayslater
 June 8th, 2012, 6:15 pm
Mike

Instead of the listed FM 82344-001, I'd rather have an 8x10 of the FM8243 image that you sent me via email. If at all possible, I'd also love to have the larger electronic files of both images. Again, if at all possible??

Let me add that at this moment, there are no plans for me to attend Carlisle. But I'll gladly reimburse you for shipping.
 #284055  by beespecial
 June 11th, 2012, 7:37 am
I'm in for the 8x10.
 #284056  by BigMike60
 June 11th, 2012, 7:50 am
OK John. Figured you would be. I will get er done, sooner or later.
 #284081  by BigMike60
 June 11th, 2012, 12:35 pm
I coordinated again today with the photo shop. I placed an order for 1 each 8 x 10 for Bob [FM 82335]; Cory [FM 82343]; John [FM82338]; Stan [FM 82350] Travis [FM 82340] and Ron [FM 82345-001]. All of the photo are coming to me and if they are here quickly enough I will bring to Carlisle and divy them up to get them to the drivers. I will have a final amount for each at that time, but it should be less than $11. I am ordering mine in 11 x 14" which will come separately to me, much to the disappointment of my wife when it arrives and I start looking for a frame. I will check on getting the Jpegs for Cory after the dust settles on this. I do not want to overwork my connection at the shop right now. All the shots are of the cars right at, or on, the finish line.
 #285155  by BigMike60
 June 26th, 2012, 2:08 pm
Can someone contact Ron Bishop and see if we can get an address to mail his picture to? I have sent PM's to him twice but get no response. I can never get in to the Members Only section so any help that someone else can provide would be appreciated. If you can get it, PM it to me to keep it private.
 #285156  by M-Pressive
 June 26th, 2012, 2:20 pm
BigMike60 wrote:Can someone contact Ron Bishop and see if we can get an address to mail his picture to? I have sent PM's to him twice but get no response. I can never get in to the Members Only section so any help that someone else can provide would be appreciated. If you can get it, PM it to me to keep it private.
PM Sent
 #285173  by grayslater
 June 26th, 2012, 8:02 pm
silverspecial wrote:
BigMike60 wrote:Can someone contact Ron Bishop and see if we can get an address to mail his picture to? I have sent PM's to him twice but get no response. I can never get in to the Members Only section so any help that someone else can provide would be appreciated. If you can get it, PM it to me to keep it private.
PM Sent
I didn't read down far enough. I just had sent him a text. :)