Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Carlisle 2012 - Final recap!

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#287035  by Igor V Nechaev
 July 25th, 2012, 11:40 am
300maximilien wrote:Now that I looked over my personal account on Fotki it looks like they took it upon themselves to reduce the file size on all my stored photos from large 1Meg+ files to 500x375. This is kinda sad since I don't have many of the files anymore.
Well, they warned you, didn't they? :) Maybe your originals are still intact, and if you pay $30 ransom they'll be back?
You can't trust anyone to keep your personal belongings for free forever. CAPITALIZOM!!! :)
I, too, received a message like this maybe a month back.
500 pixels on the wide side is the default of "large" thumbnails in newly created albums, and I found out that they create reduced size pics at the moment you download the pictures. 1000 pix is the option, and I selected it when I downloaded my US visit photos.
 #287099  by miska_man
 July 27th, 2012, 12:28 am
Igor V Nechaev wrote:
300maximilien wrote:Now that I looked over my personal account on Fotki it looks like they took it upon themselves to reduce the file size on all my stored photos from large 1Meg+ files to 500x375. This is kinda sad since I don't have many of the files anymore.
Well, they warned you, didn't they? :) Maybe your originals are still intact, and if you pay $30 ransom they'll be back?
You can't trust anyone to keep your personal belongings for free forever. CAPITALIZOM!!! :)
I, too, received a message like this maybe a month back.
500 pixels on the wide side is the default of "large" thumbnails in newly created albums, and I found out that they create reduced size pics at the moment you download the pictures. 1000 pix is the option, and I selected it when I downloaded my US visit photos.
Sure 1000 pixel width might be "good enough" for most pictures, but then again there are some pictures where people really like/need to see detail. I feel as if Fotki may not be cutting it. How about Photobucket? I use their website sometimes and they seem fairly decent.
 #287257  by FIREM
 July 31st, 2012, 8:11 am
8) :D
Carlisle Events has a survey for those that may have suggestions that may make the show better. Tram service to the outlying areas such as ours and judging options come to mind..
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YJZ829P
 #288330  by geezer300M
 August 22nd, 2012, 3:05 pm
Hey Bob, you KNOW I would be in favor of a tram service. LOL
 #288340  by BigMike60
 August 22nd, 2012, 6:13 pm
Given the timing of the event each year, I agree with Geezer that a shuttle/tram around the area would be a good idea for us old folks.
 #288342  by EasyRider300M
 August 22nd, 2012, 7:35 pm
BigMike60 wrote:Given the timing of the event each year, I agree with Geezer that a shuttle/tram around the area would be a good idea for us old folks.
that's why they have electric scooters available