Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#290527  by FIREM
 October 4th, 2012, 8:45 am
As soon as the President & First Lady are ready we will be
On the Road Again :thebar
 #290572  by mnitetrain
 October 4th, 2012, 5:46 pm
Out the door now, 1st stop gas. Hope to arrive b4 3AM.
 #290573  by M-Pressive
 October 4th, 2012, 5:57 pm
6 of us here so far. We just enjoyed a really good Italian dinner.

Nothing like spending time with friends.
 #290574  by BigMike60
 October 4th, 2012, 5:59 pm
Have a great time. Drive, and etc. safely. And, I wish I was there too.
 #290575  by FIREM
 October 4th, 2012, 6:14 pm
Time to rub.... :lol:
 #290583  by trepnician
 October 4th, 2012, 10:12 pm
Hey guys! long time no speak. Ill be there saturday. Not bringing the intrepid though :/ looking forward to seeing alot of you again!!
 #290585  by M-Pressive
 October 4th, 2012, 10:28 pm
trepnician wrote:Hey guys! long time no speak. Ill be there saturday. Not bringing the intrepid though :/ looking forward to seeing alot of you again!!
We will be at the inlet most of the day. See you Saturday.
 #290890  by mnitetrain
 October 10th, 2012, 5:58 am
I still can't figure why our trip down seemed so darn long (just getting old I guess).

Great seeing the gang again in Ocean City, 2004 seems sooo long ago LOL! Thanking Keith for inspiring me to go the first time!! Big thanks to Keith and Lindsey for making this happen again.

Just couldn't ask for better weekend with the weather we had. Food/drinks were smooth and was great seeing those great cars and folks again. Wish we could spend more time with you all.

Cindy thanks for noting the differences on the the crab cakes, blue crab vs backfin!! We are putting that restaurant on our to do list for next time!.

Ride home was uneventful and we were ahead of the Giants/construction traffic so able to roll on through with no stop and go at all.

Seems like dreading the ride home but this ended up being one of the good ones.

Gotta get some pics/vids up.
right onto 95 with no bottleneck
 #290894  by beespecial
 October 10th, 2012, 6:36 am
mnitetrain wrote:I still can't figure why our trip down seemed so darn long...
Hank, with the amount of seat time you have, how can that drive seem long?
 #290896  by FIREM
 October 10th, 2012, 6:42 am
Great time, good to see everyone again.
It was great to have company at "O Dark Thirty"
 #291021  by Goofys M
 October 12th, 2012, 3:08 pm
HI all. Every year we go to Ocean City we can't imagine it being any better than the year before. Oh my stars, once again it was over the top especially when Bob rubbed and buffed my rear end. More on that later. :shock:
We had an uneventful drive down to OC. We first went to the Convention Center to get our entry ticket. After that we headed to the motel and met up with Lindsay and Keith. We got joining rooms so that made it great to socialize (Lots of room and the beach view). The rooms were suites so they were equipped with full kitchens and two TV's: one in the sitting area and one in front of the bed. No fighting over what channel to watch but we were so busy that was not a problem. Shortly after that Darlene and Bob arrived. We sat and chatted for awhile as our stomachs grumbled for dinner. Darlene picked an Italian restaurant (Aldopho's) near the hotel off the boardwalk. The food was spectacular. What a find for next year. Darlene, Bob, and myself played dip the bread in olive oil like a true Italian after I asked the waiter to bring some oil (which by the way he had made a concoction of herbs, parmesan cheese,and the oil. We all were stuffed by the end of the meal smiling at the most beautiful sunset you have ever seen. I felt like it was smiling at our arrival. Little did anyone know what a crazy bunch we could be). Dave and I were bushed so we went on to bed so I really don't remember what the rest of the crowd did after except others arrived safe and sound. (Jason and his friend, Alan and Seth, Hank and his wife). Jason had quite a light show going on with his car.
Let me insert here that I would like to thank my husband for all the hours and hard work he put in making LED tail lights for my M. Many a morning I would get up and he would already be in his workshop working away. At first he wasn't sure if he would get them done but he did. SO what is next you say? He is making improvements on them thanks to Bob. They were a hoot watching the two great minds smokin'.
Okay now to Friday. Up bright and early we lined up for the parade. It was so much fun. The kids loved our car which we expected but got many comments on the cars. Bob should be the one to tell you the comment that won first place. After the parade it was off to the show field to work on cars and to just hang out. It was an absolutely beautiful day...sunny and just perfect temperature. Now comes the part about Bob buffing and rubbing my rear. No, it not X rated. Here's the scoop. I had backed into a black pole that was not visible from my side mirror back window. It left this awful black streak on my bumper. Dave and I tried to get it out with no luck. So Bob the detail man comes over with a magic potion and his gear to literally rub and buff the black out of it. It was amazing. Thank you so much Bob. But I have to tell you Darlene and I were supervising, gently, telling him where it was shiny and where he needed to do just a bit more. I know what all you guys are thinking.....Women!!!! At the end of the day we left and went on to dinner.
Dinner is a whole new story. Last year we had dinner at a seafood place called Waterman's. So, we go in and they informed us that they had lost power in some of the restaurant, waited for awhile for the power to come back but decided to go elsewhere. We chose Captains Galley II and it was even better than Waterman's. The crab cakes were nothing you had ever tasted before with hunks of backfin crab. With bellies almost full, now it was time for dessert. Off we go to Dumsers for ice cream...yummy yummy. The traffic light we had to make U turn to Dumsers had police directing traffic with all sorts of red lights in the distant. Well, the first restaurant we went to burned. From the outside it looked fine passing it going home but the inside was a complete loss. From what could be deduced, they had an electrical fire that caught the second floor on fire and the first floor suffered smoke and water damage. The blessing is no one was hurt. All lanes of traffic in both directions was blocked except to Dumser's and back to the hotel.
Saturday was the big day for voting by the crowd. As posted Alan and I tied for Best in Show. More cleaning went on that day early, Alan did the parade a second time, and then it was Thrashers french fries, ice cream, and pocket lunches (rolled dough with chicken and broccoli is one of them). That night we went to Bonfire for dinner, the awards and one more person came...Robert, the lunatic , with his friend. He got off a plane and then drove all day to be with us for only a few hours. That is how much people love OC once they come to this show. Believe it or not I swear he is thinner and taller than he was in Carlisle. After that I understand they went go carting. Someone else can tell the story about that.
Each morning we met for breakfast at our regular spot including Happy Jacks on the last day...Sunday. It was rainy, cold, and most went on their way early. Poor Darlene wasn't feeling well so they had to get home directly after breakfast. We met a few at the field but many cars were gone Dave and I waited for the last car to leave, Alan and Seth. We didn't want them to come back to noone.
We stayed the extra night and met up with Dave's cousin for the afternoon. The next morning we went to none other than Happy Jacks. It serves a wonderful breakfast.
Well I have said enough except we enjoyed all the folks that were there and you can't help but feel a bit sad when it is over. :( It is so relaxing and a great way to end the year as a group. Maybe more of you can come next year. You don't want to miss this one, truly.
Cindy and Dave
 #291049  by mnitetrain
 October 13th, 2012, 4:19 am
My wife isn't any kind of car person. But, when I mentioned Ocean City again she said YES and I didn't have to ask her twice. Since the first trip down in 04 I think we've made about 7 or 8 trips down.

Nothing at all like the New England beaches we grew up with!!! Or the Cape where they roll most of the sidewalks up at 8 or 9 PM.

I think the biggest thing is no matter what the weather is there is always something fun to do.

I think also you can do Ocean City no matter what your budget is, something for everyone.
 #291058  by YardleyBill
 October 13th, 2012, 9:35 am
Sounds like everyone had a great time. Sorry me and the fam couldn't make it.
 #291070  by trepnician
 October 13th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Hey everyone Im real sorry I missed you guys! I ended up riding down with friends, was only there saturday, and was never able to get over to the show to see you guys cause I didnt have a way to get over there. saturday night I saw Bob in FIREM driving and tried to see where he was going to hopefully find out where you guys were at but couldnt tell where he was going.
 #291221  by FIREM
 October 16th, 2012, 4:23 pm
Craig, sorry we missed you..
To all Great way to end the meet season. Thank You to all that made the event another great time !!
Cindy gave a great overview of the meet and we all had a great time, despite some of our "non fans" :lol:
Finally got FIREM undressed and put away all the show stuff.
The Pro-Am now offically looks like it belongs in the 300M Club. Thanks to Cindy and Dave the "ugliest wheels award" will be passed on to one of my students. The Pro-Am is now sitting on real shiny "twin sixes" like it should.
My OC experiance started Wed. Keith and Lindsey traveled to "The Days Inn, Somerset" (or at least had a road adventure) After dinner Keith and I clayed, poilshed, and coated his Benz (along with some TLC) with his new product. Results were great for a 4 hour "quickie" and final detailing was done at the show.
Thursday morning as we prepared to depart FIREM had an electrical "glitch". At start up all dash lighting went out, ATC, RB1 etc all went blank. Odd??? Key off and restart, all back to normal ( I hoped). Pulled out of the driveway and heard a KLUNK....hmm, guess it's something in the trunk (I hope )
As we drove to OC it started to rain....so wipers on and guess what....Dash, ATC,RB1 all blank again (Speedo, tach, music still ok) Wipers off, all normal, wipers on blanks??? Oh yeah and that KLUNK ?
Friday AM "O Dark Thirty" uncover the car and planned to go for coffee...right...click click battery dead...walk for coffee.
Got some cleanin in and Alan had a battery charger, good to go for the parade.
Jumped to get home from the show. Search for tools to remove batery, no 10mm, Keith bailed me out. Thank You.
So now I'm sitting in Keith's Benz, with the old battery on my lap, Hank calls to see if I need a hand. Thanks man, we look out for each other. Mission accomplished, new battery in and all electrical issues go away :D
But despite unloading the trunk and repacking so nothing moves KLUNK. Undercar inspection nothing looks unusual. :twisted:
Finally Sunday morning after a weekend of KLUNK I spot the right rear sway bar link snapped off at the mount (not strut tab 8) )
Oh yeah and on the way home in the rain the right side wiper falls off the arm ! Guess I didnt snap it all the way on when cleanin..
Spent this past weekend properly securing the battery, swapping the broken link,packing up show goodies, dressing up the Pro-Am...
with Memories of Ocean City keeping me happy.... :wink: