Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Allpar Meet September 12 Teterboro Chrysler Little Ferry NJ

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#349866  by FIREM
 September 12th, 2015, 3:28 pm
Well 4 M's representing the club were at the meet. BossSlate, FIREM, sonicrob, & Mottman (after some cpr on Dark Fire).
Weather was good and the turnout for the meet was 50+ cars.
Good time "swapping lies" with each other and other Mopar folks. From Pre- war survivors, vintage muscle cars, a Prowler,a Hellcat, and some modern muscle the entire Chrysler "Family" was present.
Little bit of "fixin" as we looked into Brian's HVAC issue and did a reset for Rob.
FIREM was awarded "Best in Class" 1991-2015 Modern Mopar (non muscle)
 #349870  by Sonicrob
 September 12th, 2015, 3:59 pm
Well deserved!! Nice hanging with you today!
 #349871  by M-Pressive
 September 12th, 2015, 4:11 pm
Sounds like you guys had a good time. Sorry I missed it.

Congrats Bob!
 #349888  by Mottman
 September 13th, 2015, 10:14 am
It was a nice time.
I was parked next to the Hellcat Challenger
( Talk about a Mean Lookin car ! )

Bob, Thanks so much for the diagnosis on DARKFIRE.
Yeah, she needs some luv. But runs real good.

Odd thing, cruising up the turnpike at 75 - 80 mph she
was averaging 27 + mpg. Going back was a little lower.
Im guessing you did an update ? And the update is making
the systems a little more honest ?
Still, not bad mpg for these cars considering the speeds.

The brakes still need more work, but they did feel a
little better on the ride home. ( priority # 1 )

I hope you can make that hands free system work out for you.
Let me know if it all works. in the meantime,
I will keep an eye out for more parts to that setup in case you
need them. ( they don't seem very common at our yard though )

Hopefully next year the club can hit this event in force.
We have a lot of top choice Ms to show off and inspire would be
new owners / members.

Now I gotta get DARKFIRE ready for inspection and Ocean City.

DARKFIRE & The EVIL Sickness
 #349905  by BossSlate
 September 14th, 2015, 9:24 am
Sorry I'm a little late. Had a good time at Allpar.Before I congratulate Bob on his awesome win.I want to thank Rob,Brian and his son for making it out on Saturday.Weather was nice for he most part,until it started getting cloudy/overcast.I'm not a big car show person as far as with my car entered,I enjoy it more as a spectator.Let me tell you guys and gals something.If you EVER want to enter a car show,PLEASE go to any show Bob Day is a contestant.I'm telling you,Bob's display was SECOND TO NONE!!! His display drew people to it like flies to sh--!!! I really think they should give an award for "BEST DISPLAY".Now I know there's a few other guys in the club from my Carlisle experience with awesome displays (Keith,Robert/Luna,and Sonic Rob).One thing I learned is an awesome looking car with an awesome display will get you SERIOUS votes if you want to compete in any shows.CONGRATULATIONS BOB even when you're not teaching,you're teaching (lol)
 #349908  by LUNAT1C
 September 14th, 2015, 10:01 am
There is a lot of truth in that. Some ultra rare cars and sharp cars can speak for themselves, but a great display helps to tell the cars story, show its history (even if it isn't "old" *cough*) and can draw the eye to various parts of the car that would otherwise go unnoticed. It's something I'm still working on, as most people don't notice many of the things I've done unless they're already familiar with the car. I go to a generic show and no one can tell that my tablet or rear buckets are not OEM, yet when I go to a DAMM meet, nearly everyone knows the buckets are unique to my car. Tablet still goes unnoticed... but what can you do with what amounts to a black panel behind a black bezel lol.
 #349911  by FIREM
 September 14th, 2015, 1:06 pm
Thank You to all for the compliments. Yes I do like to draw attention :oops:, but my main goal it to gain exposure to the club. The club theme is a big part of me giving back to "this thing of ours". I did speak to a few 300M owners and handed out a number of club brochures. My way of thanking the club for the friends and family I have gained thru the club. Yes, it is just a car, rather obscure, especially today, yet showing off ones handy work rather than "what I could buy and bolt on" is what sets up apart from others.
Brian: Hit the jack pot on the goodies, Sirus & u-connect in that box, will let you know what I can make work :wink:
(There was a guy there with a Prowler, when his wife asked how I kept the car so clean I replied Zaino. He commented he did not like Zaino...Prowler reflected his opinion.
 #349912  by LUNAT1C
 September 14th, 2015, 1:29 pm
FIREM wrote:Yes, it is just a car, rather obscure, especially today, yet showing off ones handy work rather than "what I could buy and bolt on" is what sets up apart from others.
Something I noticed yesterday at a local mopar club meet is that most of the people I spoke to 1) I 've never met, 2) Knew my car and adored it, even if its numerous flaws continue to bother me, 3) Left the meet in a Hellcat, sky-high Jeep, Scat Pack, highly modified Challenger or Charger or SRT-4, some other Mopar that wouldn't exist without far more money than I've ever spent on a single car. The club has helped a great deal of people take an ordinary car, or a bruised car, and turn it into something extraordinary. Wore my jacket with pride yesterday.
FIREM wrote:There was a guy there with a Prowler, when his wife asked how I kept the car so clean I replied Zaino. He commented he did not like Zaino...Prowler reflected his opinion.
OUCH. I guess his paint was just as "shallow"?
 #349919  by FIREM
 September 14th, 2015, 4:39 pm
Did not appear to even have been spray detailed or vacuumed :eek
 #349970  by BossSlate
 September 15th, 2015, 11:15 pm
Bob is right about that Prowler...WOW!!! It look like it was on the prowl....right past every car wash and detail shop....lol
 #350316  by Sonicrob
 September 27th, 2015, 6:29 pm
Allpar put up a nice little recap of the Teterboro meet in their website. The 300m club gets mentioned!

http://www.allpar.com/i/meets/NJ/2015.html
 #350353  by M-Pressive
 September 28th, 2015, 3:17 pm
sonicrob wrote:Allpar put up a nice little recap of the Teterboro meet in their website. The 300m club gets mentioned!

http://www.allpar.com/i/meets/NJ/2015.html
Looks like a good recap!

Wish I could have made the trip down.
 #350355  by FIREM
 September 28th, 2015, 3:26 pm
It was a good time 8)