Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Ocean City 2015 Recap!

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#350964  by 00R/T
 October 17th, 2015, 8:11 pm
SilverSpecial wrote:Four cars came to OC. Need to find something that interests more and where we are more accepted as a group.
I agree. There's definitely a lot of value in just getting together with everyone and hanging out, but the cars are still part of it. If that element is compromised because of the issues you guys have mentioned, what's the point of gathering at a car show in the first place? You'd almost be better off just finding a good location/event even if it isn't car related and just enjoy each other's cars and company.
 #350965  by M-Pressive
 October 17th, 2015, 8:20 pm
00R/T wrote:
SilverSpecial wrote:Four cars came to OC. Need to find something that interests more and where we are more accepted as a group.
I agree. There's definitely a lot of value in just getting together with everyone and hanging out, but the cars are still part of it. If that element is compromised because of the issues you guys have mentioned, what's the point of gathering at a car show in the first place? You'd almost be better off just finding a good location/event even if it isn't car related and just enjoy each other's cars and company.
Bingo, I would rather get together for a BBQ and not worry about the cars then have to deal with the same crap we deal with every year in OC.
 #350968  by LUNAT1C
 October 17th, 2015, 10:17 pm
OC itself is very enjoyable, however when you're disrespected left right and center because your car wasn't made before 1980, it gets old and tiring. The parade is fun, but it seems like I need to keep my windows up when the few hecklers see fit to put you down.

I'd rather go where I'll be appreciated, which is literally every other show I go to throughout the year.
 #351011  by sparky99
 October 19th, 2015, 7:15 pm
sounds like we need to have a poll for new areas to have an awesome meet more people can make it to.

the only problem i have with Ocean City is its even further than Carlisle which is far for anyone on the other side of Ohio (which, I completely understand isn't many).

I Love coming to meets, I had an amazing time at Carlisle this year, but 2 trips that far east just isn't in the cards for a guy with a low budget.

I'd totally be game for an awesome BBQ or something of the like....
 #351014  by mabraham
 October 19th, 2015, 8:17 pm
SilverSpecial wrote:
00R/T wrote:
Bingo, I would rather get together for a BBQ and not worry about the cars then have to deal with the same crap we deal with every year in OC.
I agree!
We should work on more casual mini-meets in the North East and perhaps can have one big BBQ sometime near the start of fall.
 #351023  by beespecial
 October 20th, 2015, 1:43 pm
Too bad Woodward is so close on the heels of Carlisle.
 #351025  by LUNAT1C
 October 20th, 2015, 1:58 pm
beespecial wrote:Too bad Woodward is so close on the heels of Carlisle.
I've thought of suggesting it, since it's a blast. I haven't only for the same reason... one month after Carlisle, and technically not in "Fall". I'm all for it anyway... since it's two miles from my garage... :D
 #351220  by jeffmel
 October 27th, 2015, 8:46 pm
I was at Endless Summer as I usually try to attend. We have a 2001 300m as well as a '66 Mustang and a '71 Chevy K-10. This year we took the 300 because of some issues with the Mustang. I thought that I had our Chrysler detailed pretty well, as I walked past your cars I had to fight the urge to run back to the motel and cover ours before one of you guys saw it. Your cars are very beautiful and deserve a lot of respect. It is obvious that you people have put a lot of thought and elbow grease into these vehicles. I spend a lot more time with our older stuff because I understand the older stuff better but we still love our 300, she had 12 miles on the odometer and now has 160000 showing. We also have a Pacifica which just makes us appreciate the 300 even more. Any how I really was glad to see your cars there (every body was busy when we were by). I do appreciate all the time and expertise that you have put in your cars and I hope to see you there again, after all you can't see dolphins at a bbq.