Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Shifting harshness and occasional limp mode

• Speed Sensors and ATF+4 and the like
Membership Banner

Speed Sensors and ATF+4 and the like

Moderator: Moderators

#377084  by MWoodruff88
 December 27th, 2018, 5:04 pm
My 02 i just got had a codes for the solenoid pack fault. So I have had that replaced along with new filter and fresh fluid. The tech also re-calibrated it. It drove great for a few days then started shifting rough occasional for a few days. Then one day it went rough shifts till it went to limp mode with CEL. I don't have the code but I think he said there was a pressure sensor that threw the CEL..... He cleared it and it acted fine for a few more days. now some days its pretty good but occasional still goes in to limp mode. I have noticed a few things like it is always better when cold vs warmed and shifting issues range from not shifting when it should running higher rpm's or still having rough shifts/shuddering. Any insight would be appreciated. No current CEL transmission codes.
 #377089  by In-trepid
 December 27th, 2018, 11:20 pm
There seems to be a couple of schools of thought on the going into limp mode problem. Some people replace only the solenoid pack, while others replace both the solenoid pack and the valve body at the same time. I'm not guessing what the issue may be without knowing the current codes that are being set, but a continuation of the same issue usually says that you replace either the wrong part or you had a couple of parts that need replacing. Please post codes when you get them.
 #377091  by M-Pressive
 December 28th, 2018, 7:42 am
I agree with John but would like to know the codes before recommending more. I have done three solenoid swaps, two of them I did with the valve body. One I just did the solenoid and the issue came back pretty quickly.
 #377107  by In-trepid
 December 29th, 2018, 3:45 pm
Sometimes codes are stored and have to hit a certain count before the CEL is turned on. I'm not familiar enough with the transmission codes to know if they require multiple hits before turning on the CEL.