Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Transmission Filter

• Speed Sensors and ATF+4 and the like
Membership Banner

Speed Sensors and ATF+4 and the like

Moderator: Moderators

#334556  by FIREM
 July 9th, 2014, 11:51 am
ATF +4 is what you want installed. If there was something else in there most of it will be removed by dropping the pan and replacing the filter.
Some folks will then fill the system, disconnect the return cooling line to pump fresh fluid out and add more as you go. Kind of a flush (search for more details)
Todays "Fluid Flush Machines" are not recommended as you can not be sure the only thing you get is ATF+4, not what ever was in the machine and additives that most shops will say are ok to use (not)
 #334557  by jayman2
 July 9th, 2014, 12:03 pm
FIREM wrote:ATF +4 is what you want installed. If there was something else in there most of it will be removed by dropping the pan and replacing the filter.
Some folks will then fill the system, disconnect the return cooling line to pump fresh fluid out and add more as you go. Kind of a flush (search for more details)
Todays "Fluid Flush Machines" are not recommended as you can not be sure the only thing you get is ATF+4, not what ever was in the machine and additives that most shops will say are ok to use (not)
Thanks for the quick reply Bob. I'll probably be getting it done in the morning. Like I said, I didn't know about or request ATF +4 when I did the change last time. They may have used it, but I don't know for sure (probably not). So just to be sure, are you saying that it won't hurt if just a little of the 2 different types of fluid mix, it can't do any harm? My M is running great right now and I don't want to mess up my transmission.
 #335619  by tafi300M
 August 2nd, 2014, 7:29 am
No problem, you will never mess up the system, if you change the filter and refill with ATF+4.
 #335620  by jayman2
 August 2nd, 2014, 8:06 am
tafi300M wrote:No problem, you will never mess up the system, if you change the filter and refill with ATF+4.
Thanks for the reply. Now I feel a lot better. Like I said, I didn't want to risk a flush.