• OneSpecialM’s thread where he pops in every so often to say hi.. :D

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#366159  by TrueBlue
 March 30th, 2017, 10:41 am
Entering livery service, maybe?

You don't need a low-mile Special, just one that's had the business done to it. Well kept. mnitetrain can probably vouch.

LOVE the Mk VIII. That styling still looks great today, along with the Continental of the era. Nice car. :D
OneSpecialM liked this
 #367038  by OneSpecialM
 May 4th, 2017, 4:42 am
They love the Panther cars over there in the middle east. Some well off individual probably saw it for cheap and wanted it :)
I still miss my Special, but there aren't many to be had, low mileage or otherwise. I've found Marauders in good shape with less than 100k on the clock for about 11-12k, which is reasonable given their low production level. I wouldn't feel bad paying that much. I still have a lot of Panther specific parts I can use. Hell, I still have random LH parts for my Special I need to get rid of. Both projector headlight assemblies, driver side signal mirror, the carbon fauxber trim for the dash and doors...lol. For now though, the Mark is driving well. I'm replacing the front upper and lower control arms soon, they're worn and I have some creaks and bumps over uneven pavement. Other than that, its good. Nice to be able to save some money instead of having a car payment :D
 #377277  by OneSpecialM
 January 8th, 2019, 12:31 am
Heya guys! Super long time!! Hope all is well with everyone. I see that LhForums has been folded into 300MClub. Couldn’t ask for a better place, IMO :D
I’m still driving the Mark VIII. It’s been AMAZINGLY reliable. I’ve replaced the rear air bags, starter, plugs/wires, water pump (easiest water pump I’ve ever done. Took me literally 25 mins), headlights with a beautiful set that were almost like
new, what a difference!! All new tires, new front lower control arms, alignment, new air suspension compressor/drier assembly, the list goes on. Got a nice Pioneer media receiver running the factory JBL interior speakers which sound GREAT, and got a Rockford Fosgate 600 watt amp pushing two JBL 12” subs in a sealed box. I’m just enjoying not having a car note honestly, that and cheap insurance. A/C blows icy cold, heat works great, etc. Only thing I still need to do is replace that junk purplish tint and fix a little rust developing on the drivers side rocker panel in front of the rear wheel.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!!
:thebar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M-Pressive liked this
 #377283  by Sneke_Eyez
 January 8th, 2019, 9:18 am
Hey, nice to hear from you, Mike!
No reason to stop driving the Mark if you like it and it has been reliable!
Glad you and the car are doing well!
 #377288  by LUNAT1C
 January 8th, 2019, 2:06 pm
Glad to see the car is still serving you faithfully, and I'll bet that air suspension is a blessing around Illinois roads!
 #377289  by OneSpecialM
 January 8th, 2019, 3:55 pm
You aren’t kidding about Illinois roads. I just did the new air compressor the other day, and I’m glad I did. The old one had a stuck/corroded vent solenoid so the car couldn’t lower itself 1” above 50mph on the highway. Would throw a Check Air Ride fault on the display and the front end would slooowly drop to the bump stops. Now that it’s got a new compressor/drier/vent solenoid assembly the car raises up super fast, lowers down properly, and no more codes! Honestly it’s been surprising how reliable it’s been, considering all of the technology in an early ‘93 car.

How have all of your rides been??
 #377308  by TrueBlue
 January 10th, 2019, 10:49 am
Those Marks were bleeding edge when they were new. I remember walking into a dealership and seeing a Mk. VIII alongside a '93 Cobra, both black. Wow did that stop me in my tracks. Stunning cars.