Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • UGGGH, CORONAVIRUS.....

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#382816  by dcsally97
 March 12th, 2020, 1:09 pm
This stinkin' virus is affecting my ability to watch sports. Not real happy about it. I think its going a little too far, but what do I know.
 #382817  by In-trepid
 March 12th, 2020, 1:17 pm
I hope it comes and goes quickly. I wouldn't want all of the summer stuff to get cancelled!
dcsally97 liked this
 #382820  by Sneke_Eyez
 March 12th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Social distancing and canceling of stuff might suck, but seems to have been proven to work, both in the past (Spanish Flu) and currently (South Korea), so I think its worth it to just deal with it for now.

My wife and I canceled a trip to Chicago this weekend that we'd been looking forward to - seemed to be the most sensible decision in light of what is happening.
 #382821  by dcsally97
 March 12th, 2020, 2:41 pm
Now MLB. Our kids are out of school the next 3 weeks because of this....
 #382824  by LUNAT1C
 March 12th, 2020, 4:55 pm
It's a necessary evil. Personally, I couldn't care less about sports being cancelled. I care more about the widespread panic that has people scooping up all the anti-bacterial soaps and wipes, and TP and paper towels and whatever else, leaving many other people up the creek without a paddle for such day-to-day things. Not to mention the small businesses whose incomes are heavily impacted with the lack of business during this time.

Yes, it's inconvenient. No, it's not forever. Looking at status updates now, more people have recovered worldwide than those who are currently infected. Isolation is helping. The spread is waning, and even China is slowly coming back to life.
 #382825  by dcsally97
 March 12th, 2020, 5:17 pm
It's getting nuts here. Store shelves are empty. I hate the panic!
 #382826  by beespecial
 March 12th, 2020, 5:25 pm
If this impacts the Indy 500 I will NOT be a happy person. :cuss

Don't get me started on the fate of Carlisle!
First Lady liked this
 #382827  by hrmwrm
 March 12th, 2020, 5:41 pm
in f1, it's supposed to run, but mcclaren have pulled out with a member positive.
might see an announcement by tomorrow.
china is cancelled.
vietnam might be.
bahrain as of now is a non spectator race.
might impact indy.
only way to stop/slow is to keep sick people away from healthy.
it's death rate is definately worse than flu.
time to hibernate for a couple of weeks. usually do that only for cold weeks.
 #383085  by sparky99
 March 26th, 2020, 7:55 pm
beespecial wrote: March 12th, 2020, 5:25 pm If this impacts the Indy 500 I will NOT be a happy person. :cuss

Don't get me started on the fate of Carlisle!
uh, oh!!! They moved it to August....

at least its not cancelled!!!
 #383087  by beespecial
 March 26th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Ok, ok. I guess it will just have to be May in August. But please, oh please, just don't cancel Carlisle!
sparky99 liked this
 #383092  by sparky99
 March 26th, 2020, 9:40 pm
beespecial wrote: March 26th, 2020, 8:00 pm Ok, ok. I guess it will just have to be May in August. But please, oh please, just don't cancel Carlisle!
We are in the same boat when it comes to Carlisle!!!
 #383093  by Sonicrob
 March 26th, 2020, 10:24 pm
This thing has now costed me my job. I have now been laid off. I can’t seem to catch a break
 #383094  by EasyRider300M
 March 26th, 2020, 10:45 pm
Sorry to hear that, Sonicrob. I believe at least for awhile you can get 100% of your pay for unemployment benefits. And I think the feds will kick in $600 a week....but do your own due diligence to ascertain the facts.. Crazy times we live in.
Sonicrob liked this
 #383106  by LUNAT1C
 March 27th, 2020, 2:41 pm
Unfortunately this will be our new normal for some time yet. Unemployment has skyrocketed across the country as fewer and fewer services are deemed "essential". A friend of mine at Katzkin had to lay off his entire department today (leather sales tied to car sales, dealerships are closed or on skeleton crews all over the nation). With the automotive factories shuttered, I have to wonder how much my company's factories are actually producing currently. I get updates on the virus from time to time, but I can't imagine the CEO will tell the rest of us that the plants are shuttered. Can't produce lamps if customers aren't producing cars and placing orders.

Thankfully my position is dependent directly on design work, not directly on production, but that doesn't mean I'm immune. That depends on how long it gets drawn out. Design process spans years, so I don't foresee issues... yet.
 #383113  by adu1982
 March 27th, 2020, 5:42 pm
Ups is quiet pretty much , or atleast reassuring people that they do the best, not really, honestly, wife had to pack me all the stuff, hand sanitizer, Lysol spray, wipes etc...... We don't really have anything like that, or not much of at work. I think I saw one Lysol wipes bottles and some gloves....as for social distancing.....I have seen few of us with masks, and they are asking for 6 day work week if we can. They did cancel our morning meetings but.....not too much space in the hubs or distancing..... I'm happy that I'm on the truck nowadays and not in the hub all day....

Got called to stay home one day this week , as a place I delivered to was suspect of Corona.....even though if I think about it it really happened yesterday as the building I was in , was shut down today.

Told all my relatives to stay away as both me and my wife are young (under 40 still) with no know issues.....but my parents and wife's parents are somewhat close to the danger ages and have some issues....

It sure sucks , but we all have to try to do our part. I personally have signed for all my deliveries and then just drop them....if my bosses have issues afterwards oh well....will deal with it then...

Y'all stay safe....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk