Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • LUNAT1C’s new(ish) asylum! (First home purchase)

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#384028  by LUNAT1C
 May 9th, 2020, 7:17 pm
Trees are done. Water softener is done. 4th room painting will be done tonight. Drywall guy is coming out Monday to quote the work. Animals are coming to the house tomorrow while the landlord shows the rental to potential new tenants. Both landlords will be there this time to help limit how many people are in it at once, keeping it only those who are serious instead of tire kickers. I envision lots of bleaching will happen when we get back... With any luck we'll be moved in next weekend. Planning to rent an auto transport for the black car. Luna may be left behind for a bit until we can collect anything else remaining.
 #384097  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 14th, 2020, 9:38 am
You guys have been moving quickly! Congrats on the progress! You have accomplished a lot before you even moved in!
 #384104  by First Lady
 May 14th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Is this the move in weekend?!?!

You guys have done so much, I can’t wait for you to get in and start enjoying it!!!
 #384110  by LUNAT1C
 May 14th, 2020, 4:18 pm
I didn’t realize it until recently, but you all are right, we’ve done a lot. I would consider the house to be partially remodeled now! We have more projects we want to do, including painting the kitchen cabinets and getting a stone counter and backsplash in, plus finishing the garage, and adding arborvitae to the backyard for privacy, but we need to refill the house savings first.

This weekend is the plan! As the auto industry continues to bleed, I’m on mandated vacation today and tomorrow. I rented a carpet cleaner again today to make a few more passes over the back room carpet and the front room/dining room where we can see stains and still smell something nasty. I just did one pass over each area (now at three passes total since closing) and the water is still a nasty brown... but it’s looking better.

Drywalling the garage is on hold for now, and I still need to cut and glue down the door thresholds for the master bedroom door and master bathroom, but we’re ready to rent the U-haul truck and auto transport and move in. I was planning on getting a temp registration for the black car so I could drive it to the new house and drive it for part of the summer, but the DMV is shut down until further notice, so it has to be on a transport. Luna will likely be left behind for a short time as I’ll need to drive the truck while Nick drives my Jeep with the kids in it. After we return the rentals then we’ll go back for his Jeep and anything left behind. We may go back one last time if it’s not too late and grab Luna, or leave her in the garage in Berkley overnight.

We had the “kids” at the house on Sunday to introduce them while the landlords showed the rental to a few serious prospective tenants. Bear was beside himself, and enjoyed looking out the rear sliding glass door (door wall, in Michigan...). Talia (the little gray Russian Blue cat) took a bit of time but eventually explored the house wherever we had it open. Ezri, my little brown tabby scaredy cat, born feral almost 8 years ago, crawled into her little cat apartment/scratcher and stayed there glaring at me until I dragged her out to go back to the rental. She’ll warm up to it eventually, I’ve moved her four times in the last 8 years and she’s hated it every time.
 #384164  by First Lady
 May 16th, 2020, 5:05 pm
Happy moving day!! Hope it all goes smooth and all vehicles, fur babies, and you both get settled in well!!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #384171  by LUNAT1C
 May 17th, 2020, 1:01 pm
The move went well enough. Getting the King bed mattress up the stairs was... Interesting... But we're in! The black car needed some 2x4 assistance getting on and off the transport, but all went well enough. Ezri and Talia fought us getting into the carriers and were very scared. Bear is nervous and doesn't know what to do with the stairs. I'm sure they'll acclimate soon. Even Ezri, the scaredy-cat, came up to the bedroom and jumped up into bed with me last night. She's cautiously exploring today.

Driving Luna last night was nice. My eyes stuck to the IMS window cling many times on the drive last night, thinking of John and all the advice I know he'd have for this new journey. And all the things I knew he was excited about for us.

But, we're in. We have a few miscellaneous things left at the rental, plus the lawnmower, and need to clean the place. But we're in!
IMG_20200517_125733.jpg
IMG_20200517_110106.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sneke_Eyez, monte4 liked this
 #384176  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 18th, 2020, 5:46 am
Congratulations on getting in - that's a great looking garage right there with two great Ms in it!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #384178  by LUNAT1C
 May 18th, 2020, 8:50 am
Sneke_Eyez wrote: May 18th, 2020, 5:46 am Congratulations on getting in - that's a great looking garage right there with two great Ms in it!
Thanks! I don't remember seeing it when we first toured the house in January or the inspection at the end of February, but there is a TireRack wall-rack for a second set of wheels/tires mounted to the rear wall of the garage. I hung myself from it for a bit to test the weight and it held, so it must be attached to the 5 studs where it's got 5 bolts in the wall. Luna's original wheels with the tires she had when I bought her in 2009 are up there now, still wrapped in the TireRack canvas handle/wrappings my sister got me for Xmas that same year after I got the SRTD's.

Maybe now I need to try to refinish them properly so they look good on display, since they haven't been used since the original tires on the SRTD's were toasted in 2013. :lol:
 #384179  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 18th, 2020, 9:46 am
LUNAT1C wrote: May 18th, 2020, 8:50 am
Sneke_Eyez wrote: May 18th, 2020, 5:46 am Congratulations on getting in - that's a great looking garage right there with two great Ms in it!
Thanks! I don't remember seeing it when we first toured the house in January or the inspection at the end of February, but there is a TireRack wall-rack for a second set of wheels/tires mounted to the rear wall of the garage. I hung myself from it for a bit to test the weight and it held, so it must be attached to the 5 studs where it's got 5 bolts in the wall. Luna's original wheels with the tires she had when I bought her in 2009 are up there now, still wrapped in the TireRack canvas handle/wrappings my sister got me for Xmas that same year after I got the SRTD's.

Maybe now I need to try to refinish them properly so they look good on display, since they haven't been used since the original tires on the SRTD's were toasted in 2013. :lol:
That's a cool built-in feature to have had come with the house! Those racks are nice.
LUNAT1C liked this
 #384182  by First Lady
 May 18th, 2020, 1:42 pm
What a find!!! I’ve always wanted a setup like that. Alan has something similar at their home in CT and I thought it was a good way to free up floor space and use wall space!!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #384183  by LUNAT1C
 May 18th, 2020, 2:51 pm
It's tempting to get another one, for the 5 additional wheels and tires currently stacked in the basement (4 originals from Nick's Special, and 1 SRTD that was damaged by a particular rude street crater before I upsized the tires), but I might need the wall space for hanging other things lol.