• 00R/T’s Garage/Shop Build

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show Banner

Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#384025  by 00R/T
 May 9th, 2020, 3:09 pm
Ahh, victory at last. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get the roof down since it was too flimsy to climb on and remove the screws, but too sturdy to just pull down. So, I just disassembled around it and then used some redneck ingenuity.

monte4 liked this
 #384029  by hrmwrm
 May 9th, 2020, 11:50 pm
easy peasy. :D
 #384047  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 11th, 2020, 9:48 am
A little thinking outside the box got it done! Good work my friend!
 #384050  by First Lady
 May 11th, 2020, 6:07 pm
Like a Pro!! Bet that was fun!!
 #384056  by hrmwrm
 May 11th, 2020, 9:28 pm
when i used to frame, we called that R.T. construction.
Rip and Tear.
 #384057  by 00R/T
 May 11th, 2020, 9:35 pm
It definitely was fun, and gratifying! Realistically, I probably could’ve pulled it down by hand, especially after notching it, but that wouldn’t have been as much fun. I bought my ATV at the beginning of the year. We never got enough snow after that for me to plow with it, and my plans to go up north to ride at the end of this month after mud season are now on hold. So, I was really itching to use it for something!
hrmwrm, Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #384162  by First Lady
 May 16th, 2020, 3:48 pm
Haha, love that!! Yes great way to break it in! Totally more fun this way!!
 #384330  by sparky99
 May 27th, 2020, 10:00 pm
got'em!!!! Good work Steve.
 #384493  by 00R/T
 June 10th, 2020, 8:21 pm
I haven’t been able to do a thing with the garage in weeks, unfortunately. I kept getting activated when I was supposed to be on furlough and ended up only being off for one week before they stopped the furloughs. Due to fewer people out building right now due to the virus, my parents’ new place is getting built way ahead of schedule. That means they’re even more motivated to get their current house on the market, which means my stuff needs to get moved out ASAP. So, pretty much any time I’m not working I’m over there going through stuff or helping my dad fix things up. I don’t think I’m going to get much done at my place this summer, but it’ll be nice to no longer have the eventual need to do this hanging over my head. And, I’ll have all my stuff where I need it.
 #384499  by Sneke_Eyez
 June 11th, 2020, 12:13 pm
The good news is at least the building is stripped and you got that extra shed pulled off the back.
You've got a clean slate when you have the time.