Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • The Days Inn A new Beginning Countdown

• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#382119  by beespecial

Congratulations Bob! I'll pass along some advice I received from my brother... "Get yourself a calendar so you'll know what day it is."

Enjoy your well earned retirement.
 #382120  by dcsally97

beespecial wrote: January 30th, 2020, 2:02 pm Congratulations Bob! I'll pass along some advice I received from my brother... "Get yourself a calendar so you'll know what day it is."

Enjoy your well earned retirement.
I think John meant to say...get yourself a club calendar. LOL
beespecial liked this
 #382121  by EasyRider300M

beespecial wrote: January 30th, 2020, 2:02 pm Congratulations Bob! I'll pass along some advice I received from my brother... "Get yourself a calendar so you'll know what day it is."
Bob: Welcome to the 300M Retirees Men's club.... a subset of the 300M Enthusiasts Club. Along with a calendar, you will need one of these clocks:

beespecial liked this
 #382122  by FIREM

Virginia pit stop for the overnight then home
LUNAT1C liked this
 #382123  by LUNAT1C

Congrats! Gotta be one of the best feelings in the world.
 #382124  by First Lady

Yay!! Congrats Bob!!! I’m sure you already have plans to tinker tomorrow!!
 #382136  by FIREM

First post from the New Days Inn wireless desktop :D
If tinkering means unpacking, setting up, fixin stuff the movers broke, etc I have weeks of work ahead of me. :roll:
KxWarrior liked this
 #382137  by beespecial

But you have PLENTY of time now. :lol:
 #382141  by Sneke_Eyez

Enjoy the process, Bob! At least you don't have to do it in any specific timeframe!
 #382177  by mnitetrain

A little late to the party but very happy for you and darlene..Is your daughter's family coming down too or are they staying up north?

I've had a bit of "adventure" too the past few weeks also.

Is that a golf cart community??
 #382184  by FIREM

All good Hank, we are doing GREAT!
Family staying up north in NJ at least for now. We are "Half way to Disney" for them so they should be dropping in.
Not an over 55 community but a lot of folks do have carts.
I will NOT waste my 3rd bay on a cart.
LUNAT1C, beespecial liked this
 #382746  by 00R/T

I may have to stop by and say hi to you guys, Bob. I’ll likely be down there several times later this year. My parents are down there now finalizing everything for their new place. They picked out the lot yesterday and are meeting with the builder today.
 #383120  by FIREM

Overdue for an update.
All moved in and unpacked. Meeting neighbors, swapping lies, etc. Staying safe as we can under the present conditions. Some videos :

Waiting on delivery of materials for the paver patio project while waiting for the quarantine to pass.
 #383121  by FIREM

00R/T wrote: March 11th, 2020, 6:45 am I may have to stop by and say hi to you guys, Bob. I’ll likely be down there several times later this year. My parents are down there now finalizing everything for their new place. They picked out the lot yesterday and are meeting with the builder today.
Where are your parents buying? Community and builder?
 #383122  by dcsally97

FIREM wrote: March 28th, 2020, 1:21 pm Overdue for an update.
All moved in and unpacked. Meeting neighbors, swapping lies, etc. Staying safe as we can under the present conditions. Some videos :

Waiting on delivery of materials for the paver patio project while waiting for the quarantine to pass.
Looks nice Bob! I think a Prowler would fit perfectly in the project bay.
FIREM liked this
 #383123  by beespecial

That is a badass garage! Well done!
FIREM liked this
 #383124  by FIREM

A Prowler would fit the space quite nicely :mrgreen:
A family friend has an El Camino project that has sat untouched for 10 years. Free to me! It is rough and a 4 hour tow but FREE! My buddy will tow it here, all I have to do is rent the trailer. While it would not be my first choice but worst case I get it running and presentable, sell or trade up, or who knows....
Will be a while until it comes but who knows........
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #383135  by Sneke_Eyez

Great space, Bob!

Sounds like a fun project.
El Caminos can be pretty cool especially depending on the year and style!
Plus, FREE is the right price!
 #383139  by EasyRider300M

Congrats Bob on your new retirement home
I think you should put a nice carved large wood sign above the garage doors stating "The Days Inn!"

Your place is best described as a GARAGE with an attached house as opposed to a house with attached garage. :lol: From the front view, your garage space looks bigger than your living space though I would guess it is not. It just appears that it is.

I think you should get the El Camino running and use it for those many needed runs to Home Depot.
What year is the El Camino? Stay healthy and stay safe in these crazy times.
 #383140  by StealthM

Looking good Bob. FireM looks like shes diggin the new home.....