• Plenum/ throttle body gaskets

• General Discussions about the 300M
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#378234  by StealthM
 March 14th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Howdy all. A question about the upper plenum gasket and the throttle body gasket. I order both from Fel Pro plenum kit #MS92165 which included one black rubber o ring? And two blue rubber o rings. The blue one look like they are for the EGR but I not sure about the black one. The throttle body gasket #FP61068 looks similar but when placed on the tb it looks bigger. Cant try it on the intake because I dont have it. Can anyone confirm that these are the correct gaskets.... thanks
 #378239  by LUNAT1C
 March 14th, 2019, 5:21 pm
Unforunately I must have ordered my FelPro gaskets without being logged into the Advance Auto system, so I can't find the exact surefire ones I ordered, but I would have ordered:

Felpro Throttle Body Gasket Set

Felpro Upper Intake Manifold Gasket/ Plenum Gasket
#MS 91990

Throttle body gasket set is only the throttle body. Upper Intake set is the main intake gasket, plus two blue EGR gaskets. I don't see any round black gasket nor do I see any kit having throttle body and plenum together. The part number you posted appears to be the lower manifold kit, including the gasket between the upper and lower, the two EGR gaskets, and the lower intake to cylinder head gaskets. No throttle body gasket and no round black gasket. This is on AAPs website.
 #378240  by StealthM
 March 14th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Thanks Robert. Thats the gasket for the tb. As far as the plenum kit it came with the upper and lower gaskets. Figured that the blue rings are for the EGR. Could the black o ring be for the heater pipe that runs under the lower manifold?????
 #378249  by Mottman
 March 15th, 2019, 5:04 am
Yes, that small black O-ring is for the heater supply pipe.
 #378252  by StealthM
 March 15th, 2019, 12:47 pm
Ah ha.. thank you sir. Mystery solved.
 #378255  by LUNAT1C
 March 15th, 2019, 2:56 pm
If that's the case and you're removing the LIM, definitely replace that o-ring while you're at it. Mine was hard as a rock when I was that far into my engine several years ago, glad I replaced it before it could cause a headache.