Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • It's that time of year to get stoked for Carlisle.

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#379453  by beespecial
 June 21st, 2019, 7:02 pm
The wife and I just returned from a drive to Sanibel FL (in her Murano) and I am ready to fire up the M and take to the road for Carlisle. It has become a date I look forward to every year as much as our annual Sanibel trip and my camping trip in November. The car isn't where I want it to be to show but in reality it never will be so I'll go to hang with my friends and be more than satisfied with that. See you soon on the Carlisle showfield!
First Lady, M-Pressive, StealthM and 2 others liked this
 #379454  by In-trepid
 June 21st, 2019, 7:14 pm
Join the club. Since I'm working on the new twin to your car, I still have a lot to do. I was just getting the silver car where I wanted it and then sold it. This one, while having less mileage and in a bit better shape overall, still has a lot of work to do. I'm on vacation for the week and a half before Carlisle up at the lake in Wisconsin and the last two years I have taken the car up there to get it a bit more ready. I'll do the same this year. It gives me some relaxation time both on the lake and working on the car. However, this year the car "to do" list is a bit longer than in the past. I'm really looking forward to Carlisle regardless of what I get done on the car. As you put it, it is more about hanging out with friends and meeting new people with the same 300m passion that I have!
beespecial, StealthM, FIREM and 1 others liked this
 #379486  by Sneke_Eyez
 June 24th, 2019, 10:40 am
I am excited for Carlisle as usual!

Last year as I'm sure everyone remembers that first night after we arrived I was stressed out, assembling my Intrepid in the hotel parking lot after dealing with it conking out due to a bad cam position sensor on the drive down.

And that doesn't even equal the stress I faced just before we even left for the show... we all worked on my car until literally moments before we left well into the wee hours of the morning.
Honestly, it was just too much, and while I am very lucky to have supportive friends who helped me even though my car was in a million pieces and never got mad at me, last year I just was never very happy with the car - I was just too stressed and getting the car to the show was just too stressful.
I didn't get to clean it the way I wanted, I felt like it wasn't quite as perfect as I wanted it to be, etc.

This year I am actively working to reduce the stress!

So, for the Intrepid, from the start I have had just a few very small mods planned for this season.
One is done, one is almost done, and another might not get done at all - we will see what time I have - I am not going to push to get it done unless I actually feel like I have the time.
The only thing I absolutely need to do is find a good mounting place for my JBL amp and fix a grounding issue with it.
Then just a good thorough cleaning to get it all set - then just drive it and enjoy it at the show!
You can bet an extra camshaft position sensor will be in my glovebox this year...

The Special needs a few things done before the show:
1) Replace final lateral link that hasn't been done.
2) Replace the gas tank straps (got to take the tank down to fix the link anyway)
3) Fix my evap line that I mangled trying to get the lateral link bolt off.
4) Replace the thermostat.

Then just a good cleaning and polish and the Special will be all set for Bobby to drive to the show.

I hope everyone else's Carlisle preparations are without stress as well!
beespecial liked this
 #379498  by LUNAT1C
 June 24th, 2019, 2:00 pm
I initially had a list as long as my arm kept in Google Keep for what Luna needs before Carlisle. The list is still there, but it's not a pre-carlisle list any longer. It's a "throughout 2019" list. Like Ryan, I have no desire to be stressed leading up the show. I don't think I'll even be able to replace my EVAP before the show, which I discovered is needed (just going to recharge and enjoy the scent). I'm focusing on restorative efforts (restored the finish on the brake rotors, and painted the rusty front spindles, and replaced the tank straps). I need to fix one of my headlights and re-run my demon eye and grill light wiring so I can reposition the BT controller, and run a switched positive wire to run that and run the foglights I'm planning on doing. Other than that, just fixing the mistakes I made on the dipped ground effects, detailing, changing interior vinyls (currently in progress, radio bezel done last night), and installing my black seatbelts (if I can find the things... lost them AGAIN).

Every night, do something else and pare that shorter list down. Outside will be done this coming weekend. Detailing the following weekend! Weather permitting...