Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • What did you do to your car today?

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#379726  by LUNAT1C
 July 9th, 2019, 5:11 pm
Wish I had taken Wednesday off... I finished rubbin' last night and started reassembly this morning before work. Just needs a few coats of sealant, finish assembling the interior, finish the foglights and steering wheel, vacuum and wipe down interior. And recharge the A/C. The end is in sight.
 #379727  by dcsally97
 July 9th, 2019, 5:47 pm
You guys are killing me with all this Carlisle talk.
 #379728  by M-Pressive
 July 9th, 2019, 5:56 pm
Currently on my way to pick up M-Pressive. Going to be right down to the wire. There isn’t much inside the car now so I will need to really push.

#379729  by beespecial
 July 9th, 2019, 6:59 pm
Started loading stuff into the car trying to find ways to condense & compact and also make sure my checklist is complete.

Wheels up at 5:30am Thursday!

Looks like one piece of a new mod will not make it to me in time so I had to make a substitute. Didn't turn out too bad but it's not exactly what I wanted.
 #379731  by Mottman
 July 9th, 2019, 8:10 pm
Got 100% absolutely frustrated with DARKFIRE today.
( poor A/C & stalling again ! )
I just don't have time to play with her now.
Gonna bring VIX3N and deal with the Carlisle administrators
about the car change.
Of course, now I gotta put VIX3N back together & clean her up.

And YES, I am aware of the irony of this being the 300Ms 20th
anniversary and my 20 year old 300M isn't gonna be there.
So annoyed right now.
But at least I will be there with some kinda 300M.

The EVIL Sickness, DARKFIRE ( HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME ) & VIX3N
 #379732  by sparky99
 July 9th, 2019, 9:29 pm
well, my hard starting issue continues on my Intrepid. I don't feel as I can safely drive it to Carlisle. I'm dropping the car from the line up. Unfortunately I just don't know if I want to trust it.

However, my dad still drives a mopar…….. So, I'll be driving his Challenger. I won't miss the trip. Its still too fun to miss out.

Next year.. I'll be back in my junk..... lol
 #379734  by Alex Funkhouser
 July 9th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Cleaned some interior pieces and wiped all the leather down. it's a shame this is my daily driver, I'm going to have to vacuum out the inside probably every day until Carlisle!

Haven't had a combination of free time and decent weather until this evening, so decided to deep clean the paint.... Ended up running out of daylight.

you never realize how many little imperfections your car has until you're looking for them! Image

Oh well, it'll just get plastered with bugs again tomorrow ImageImage

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

#379736  by LUNAT1C
 July 9th, 2019, 10:55 pm
I got some help today... as I applied coat #1 of BlackFire Montan Wax, the interior was 80% reassembled, then I did the steering wheel. Tomorrow I need to wrap up the foglights, and fix and install a few interior pieces. Vacuum, wipe down interior, coat #2, A/C recharge... and pack... Coat #2 and the recharge will take the longest amount of time. Everything else is minor. Might leave a few things for the hotel (that don't require solder or power). I might just stay up pretty late and make sure I have loads of coffee. Wouldn't be the first time I've done that. I recall Carlisle 2010 I did not sleep one iota the night before linking up with the Boston caravan at Harry's.
 #379738  by adu1982
 July 10th, 2019, 5:38 am
Got the tranny harness replaced. Seems like that's what the issue was. After shifting 2-3 time , the all lighted gears in park dissapeared and on the short test drive cruise was back. Haven't gotten to do one real thing for the show list. Started on the new driver knee bolster piece. Will try to get more stuff done today and tomorrow. If everything is ok with work, best case we can leave Friday at noon. That will mean just Saturday and early Sunday. Sunday is our 12 year anniversary, so will be leaving pretty early for something "romantic" that I still need to plan/find to do.....

It will be down to the wire if we can do it.

Did not find a dash so she will have to be dash cracked show and all. The special has not made it to the paint shop yet. Just haven't had any time really.Image

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#379755  by Mottman
 July 10th, 2019, 5:35 pm
Adu1982,

What color dash are you lookin for ?
 #379756  by adu1982
 July 10th, 2019, 5:38 pm
Dark taupe or whatever it's called

#379760  by jim2891
 July 10th, 2019, 10:24 pm
I was hoping to get both my camshaft position sensor and brake booster replaced but only got the sensor done. I had everything off and tried to get the master brake cylinder to come off the booster but I couldn't get that thing to budge at all and I was afraid I was going to damage/break something if I continued much more on it so I gave up and put things back on that I had removed. Not sure if I will give it another try or if I will just see how much a local shop will charge me to do it (I already have the replacement brake booster). My brakes work fine but the booster doesn't have enough push back on the pedal but it has been like this for so long that I am used to using my foot to bring it back. When I had the vacuum tube off on the front of the booster, I started the motor and tried and then it had to no problem bringing the pedal back to the proper area and I put my finger on the end of the vacuum tube and it had good suction (to me) so it does seem like the booster needs to be replaced as I had thought all along.
 #379761  by Mottman
 July 11th, 2019, 6:38 am
So, when are we all meeting up at the hotel ?
 #379762  by Mottman
 July 11th, 2019, 6:46 am
Adu1982,

Is the interior like a 2 tone grey ?

What is the trim code ?

Are you coming to Carlisle ?
 #379773  by adu1982
 July 12th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Yes two tone, code is TLL2 . 2001 LHS.
It is the light taupe/ taupe I think (the taupe spray paint from sem almost matched the dash and pieces) . Light taupe can not be found anymore. About two years ago I found a place but only got one can (as they only had one, I had ordered 5).

No, will not be at Carlisle unfortunately.

Otherwise, since I didn't get to come I decided to drown my sorrow and helped out at work and pulled a 14hr day. Came home and cut the grass (my house and the rental across) , trimmed it and continued with a mod that was intended for Carlisle reveal.