• General Discussions about the 300M
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#373734  by ramy73
 May 16th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Hello everyone,

Last night while driving I smell a strong gas smell when I got home I open the hood and was able to find the the supply fuel line has a pin hole size leak of gasoline.

I just found out today that the fuel line is discontinue. have any of you guys have fix this problem and how now that we can get the actual part.
 #373737  by FIREM
 May 16th, 2018, 11:14 pm
 #373740  by In-trepid
 May 17th, 2018, 11:04 am
The flexible (semi flexible at best) part of the fuel line can be replaced by a shop that has the pieces and is experienced in doing this kind of work. It doesn't look too hard, but I have to admit I have never done it before. On my wife's Impala, the shop replaced a flexible line and connector back by the gas tank and it has worked fine now for a few years.
 #373904  by slimpants
 May 28th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Kroiky.
I caught a strong wiff of gasoline fumes a few days ago but just now got around to diagnosing the likely problem here.
https://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=31370

Removed the entire air cleaner contraption and had a good look behind the throttle body (with engine running) but can't see any liquid or vapor as per:

The car's fuel injectors were replaced four years ago.

So, I'll try to obtain a new fuel supply line (Part #5010225AA) tomorrow. Any guesstimates as to the number of shop hours a Chrysler dealer or Joe's Garage is likely to charge for this job ?

Much thanks for any advice !

8)

#373920  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 29th, 2018, 10:20 am
Took me around an hour/hour and a half to replace on my Special on my back in my driveway... I'd say a garage would charge maybe 2 hours. Around me that would be $85/hour, so $170?
slimpants liked this
 #373937  by slimpants
 May 29th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Thanks !

As noted in a few other threads, the Part # here has been superseded by 05010225AC. And/so, not hard to obtain at all.

https://tinyurl.com/Part-No-05010225AC

#374089  by slimpants
 June 5th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Yup. My garage charged me two hours labor. Failure was right at the junction where the tube meets the connector boot.

Peace of mind once again. Whew.
Very fortunate I didn't go up in flames.

Thnx again.

#374097  by Sneke_Eyez
 June 6th, 2018, 8:11 am
slimpants wrote: June 5th, 2018, 7:50 pm .

Yup. My garage charged me two hours labor. Failure was right at the junction where the tube meets the connector boot.

Peace of mind once again. Whew.
Very fortunate I didn't go up in flames.

Thnx again.

Nice to see I can estimate these things pretty well.

Congrats on getting it done.
 #379866  by PSJohn
 July 17th, 2019, 11:46 pm
Hey everyone, just recently picked up a 2000 300m with 132k on her. Found this fourm, thanks for the great resource.

Anyways, was driving the other day and got a very strong gas smell. I did some inspection and my fuel line is spraying from the common mentioned break point. So I picked up the line at a local dealer ($110) and am going to replace it myself.

I do have a question I hope someone can answer quick(car is up in the air as I'm typing this :) ).... When I disconnect the line near the fuel tank will gas pour or siphon out from the tank? I do expect a little gas from the line to come out but am concerned about the tank side because the tank is 3/4 full!

thanks
 #379868  by M-Pressive
 July 18th, 2019, 6:45 am
PSJohn wrote: July 17th, 2019, 11:46 pm Hey everyone, just recently picked up a 2000 300m with 132k on her. Found this fourm, thanks for the great resource.

Anyways, was driving the other day and got a very strong gas smell. I did some inspection and my fuel line is spraying from the common mentioned break point. So I picked up the line at a local dealer ($110) and am going to replace it myself.

I do have a question I hope someone can answer quick(car is up in the air as I'm typing this :) ).... When I disconnect the line near the fuel tank will gas pour or siphon out from the tank? I do expect a little gas from the line to come out but am concerned about the tank side because the tank is 3/4 full!

thanks
Nothing will come out of the tank. You should be fine to do it.
 #379869  by adu1982
 July 18th, 2019, 7:02 am
No it won't. Just what's on the line. In fact what I did withine I started it and let it run with the fuse for the fuel pump of. That way when it died , there was no gas so nothing really came out

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#379905  by PSJohn
 July 19th, 2019, 1:11 am
Well jumped into it and got my line replaced! Took about 3 hours. Closest clip near the engine gave me problems, with crawling under it I didn't have much leverage to get the line released from the clip. But overall a fairly easy task, saved me $240 in labor! :D

thanks for the help!

Also the first photo is the garage and low clearance I had to work with, not fun!
IMG_1198.JPG
Here is the bad line:
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #379912  by EasyRider300M
 July 19th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Nice looking white M you have there, PsJohn. Post up some pics in the club fotki site and you might get chosen to participate in the Ride of the Month Contest . Winner gets a neat winner's plaque
 #379914  by beespecial
 July 20th, 2019, 9:53 pm
EasyRider300M wrote: July 19th, 2019, 4:42 pm Nice looking white M you have there, PsJohn. Post up some pics in the club fotki site and you might get chosen to participate in the Ride of the Month Contest . Winner gets a neat winner's plaque
Not only the plaque but featured in the next year's calendar and consideration for Ride of the year!
 #379965  by PSJohn
 July 24th, 2019, 5:18 pm
EasyRider300M wrote: July 19th, 2019, 4:42 pm Nice looking white M you have there, PsJohn. Post up some pics in the club fotki site and you might get chosen to participate in the Ride of the Month Contest . Winner gets a neat winner's plaque
Thanks, will do.

-John