• Tesla Model 3 Revealed (Video Inside) $35,000

• General Discussions about the 300M
2020 Calendar Banner

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#379983  by hrmwrm
 July 25th, 2019, 4:19 pm
adu1982 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 12:24 pm It amazes me though, that so many people still think that what he talks about is innovative. All this stuff is, is just logical evolution , to me at least. It is not sci fi or innovative to me anymore. Can't believe how cheap is getting to even automate your home. And yes I have jumped on that band wagon, and unlike my wife I have no qualms about security. I don't really care if somebody from China, or even a local hacker, can see me, as long I can see my cat live , while , on vacation, for 25$ per camera. At some point I'm sure I'll switch over to electric too if it is better and cheaper than gas. Compared to gas though, they are at the beginning of the road , so will see.
Could might as well go busted, and something else replace it. It has happened plenty of times.

For right now I'm happy enough with our LHS getting close to 30mpg at 70mph for almost 500miles . Though a hybrid Pacifica might be nice too, but I digress.

I hope Musk is successful in the long run. I would love if we get to a point to where we don't, as a specie, fast track global warming and just let the planet to it's things as it did before human kind. Even if that means mining/destroying other planets. It's a human trait to innovate, develop and progress , hell even monkeys use tools to better their lives.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
well, it's still innovative til the rest catch up. no one else adds new stuff to the cars after buying. new manuals, constantly updating the auto pilot capability, etc.
nobody else yet comes close.
i too am happy enough with my lhs at the moment. i can't justify a new car for myself with the lack of driving i do.
but as the used market in them expands and relibility figures start to become more apparent, then choices can be made.
battery life is still an unknown factor in some models yet.
warranty for 8 years alleviates some fears, but most of our cars are 15-20 years old already.

although for some people who commute longer distances, with gas costs factored in with a car loan, a model 3 can be the same or cheaper than a less costly fossil vehicle. services in there too.
it shows in the trade ins at tesla dealers. not all are more premium cars being traded in.
 #381111  by EasyRider300M
 October 23rd, 2019, 5:51 pm
Tesla stock surges after upside earnings surprise

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-3 ... 52868.html
hrmwrm liked this
 #381336  by adu1982
 November 24th, 2019, 8:07 am
Don't really like trucks much, but that design to me just looks way to ugly, kinda like a 60 sci-fi movie car.....plus I haven't seen any pics or video showing the back of it....does it actually have a truck bed behind that awfull can or.....?

#381340  by hrmwrm
 November 24th, 2019, 10:28 pm
yep, a full short box bed with a tailgate.
it's under the rear window.
sort of like the old studebaker sliding roof on the station wagons. (the bed is seperate of the cabin.)
other than the point in the roof, the more i look at it, the more it vaguely reminds me of the vw thing.
too bad bout that glass during the reveal.
musk posted a video of the practice before the event, and the ball bounced off the glass.
interesting specs for it though, and a decent starting price.
 #381348  by Sneke_Eyez
 November 25th, 2019, 10:51 am
The cybertruck is the ugliest vehicle to debut in my history of being a car guy.

I would rather drive a Pontiac Aztec for the rest of my life than drive the Cybertruck as it currently is designed - oh by the way - a design that almost definitely won't meet safety standards.
beespecial liked this
 #381361  by Sneke_Eyez
 November 26th, 2019, 3:48 pm
I don't understand how it can meet pedestrian safety standards as it currently exists.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong - I don't care, the thing is horrendous.

And I have absolutely nothing against electric cars - we just bought my wife a plug-in hybrid last month.
 #381362  by beespecial
 November 26th, 2019, 5:28 pm
I haven't posted much, if anything, in this thread because I'm not really impressed with the appearance of any of the Tesla vehicles. But the truck, in my view, is the worst of the worst. It looks like it was inspired by Legos and they spent a total of 10 minutes on design. There is absolutely no soul to this design. There will be some people who will buy it regardless of that. Doubtful that I will be one of them even if I could afford one. Too much ugly on that machine.
 #381383  by adu1982
 November 28th, 2019, 11:25 pm
I saw some other designs of the Cyber truck, just Google search it and it looks much more like a truck , or like it should be. Might be that this is what they came up with so far to show off something. Those designs are not bad , but this one is just unbelievably ugly......the Lego comparison is right on track...... And yes the Aztec looked much better, and that is one the ugliest cars of all time.

#381388  by hrmwrm
 November 29th, 2019, 1:38 am
nope. elon even said for the truck they're doing something different and people may not like it at all.
exterior skin is something though.
hit it with a sledge and it bounces off.
 #381405  by hrmwrm
 December 1st, 2019, 4:02 am
a chinese guy with his updates of gf3. some produced model3's are in the lot.
quite the large building going up behind the factory.
wonder if their battery supplier is building a close factory for supply. tesla is not using their own or panasonics.
but with all the aquisitions, they may be having a chinese facrory producing theirs under license.
or maybe some other parts supplier.