Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • What did you do to your car today?

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#381627  by LUNAT1C
 December 19th, 2019, 12:01 pm
Sneke_Eyez wrote: December 18th, 2019, 4:15 pm The last several days were crappy for a variety of reasons. Hoping things look up.
I hear that. I'm hoping things are reasonably warm this weekend, looking to be in the low 40s. Been keeping an eye on my coolant level, but I might just do the radiator regardless for peace of mine with the upcoming 1500+ mile road trip to Philly.
 #381629  by FIREM
 December 19th, 2019, 4:31 pm
Trans Mount, Front Sway Bar bushings, pre-trip check for next weeks run down to SC
Just turned 199000
 #381631  by Sneke_Eyez
 December 19th, 2019, 4:46 pm
LUNAT1C wrote: December 19th, 2019, 12:01 pmI hear that. I'm hoping things are reasonably warm this weekend, looking to be in the low 40s. Been keeping an eye on my coolant level, but I might just do the radiator regardless for peace of mine with the upcoming 1500+ mile road trip to Philly.
It is also supposed to be about that temp this weekend as well.
I am hoping it will allow me to finish my swap job.

I already have someone interested in my old Special, so its time to shift things into higher gear to get it gone.
 #381642  by Sneke_Eyez
 December 20th, 2019, 9:11 am
My tire is supposed to be here today, finally... Ordered it on Monday of last week and was supposed to receive it on Wednesday of last week...
 #381649  by M-Pressive
 December 20th, 2019, 11:46 am
Just stockpiling parts for the spring.

New wheel rings for M-Pressive. I got an OEM spoiler coming for the daily as well.

I need to source some new lenses for the daily's headlights, they are turning yellow. Would like to swap them out and add the purple Audi Xenon lenses to them as well.
 #381653  by LUNAT1C
 December 20th, 2019, 1:54 pm
M-Pressive wrote: December 20th, 2019, 11:46 am Just stockpiling parts for the spring.

New wheel rings for M-Pressive. I got an OEM spoiler coming for the daily as well.

I need to source some new lenses for the daily's headlights, they are turning yellow. Would like to swap them out and add the purple Audi Xenon lenses to them as well.
Out of curiosity, were you able to source new wheel rings with extra wide rings for drilling custom mounting locations? That's what's stopping me, is neither Profile (LED Concepts) nor Oracle offer that anymore, even though their online listings and how-to videos show the older design that does. They're all same width as the LED strips with pre-drilled and tapped holes intended for dust shields that we don't have.
 #381674  by Sneke_Eyez
 December 23rd, 2019, 4:38 pm
FINALLY got my tire on Saturday.
FedEx offered no explanation as to why it sat in a distribution center about 10 miles from my house for over a week other than a "busy holiday shipping season."
BS, but whatever.

My original Special is getting a fresh front end alignment today and getting that tire mounted.
Something remains loose after the suspension swap project, I suspect possibly the swaybar endlinks, so I'm going to do some additional bolt tightening tonight.
I need to drive the car for the first time in about a month to my mom's and my in-laws (abut 75 miles one way), so I need to get the "thunking" under control and make sure everything is safe.

I have the day after Christmas off from work and am hoping to tackle the remaining items that need to be swapped as I would really love to get the original Special sold ASAP.
The Ram has also started exhibiting a misfire from Cylinder 7, so it is time for spark plugs on the 4.7. I need to figure out what to order for plugs so I can swap them.
The weather is supposed to be relatively warm for December in New England over the rest of the week, so I'm hoping I can really accomplish a few things between Thursday and the weekend itself.

We will see what I can get done over the next week.
 #381676  by sparky99
 December 23rd, 2019, 9:06 pm
the weather has been excellent today and will be for the next few days. I hope to finish stripping the useable parts off the green car so it can take its final ride. Hopefully its gone early next week.

As for the Intrepid, it will be getting a new thermostat and spark plugs very soon. I may rent a lift at the local DIY shop. 20 bucks an hour for a lift is cheap so i can get it done.

It would be way easier on a lift to do than on my back in the driveway.
 #381850  by adu1982
 January 12th, 2020, 1:24 pm
Bulletproof engines or what.....I tell you. So since I changed my job I have had no time for the cars. I knew the LHS was loosing coolant, but I forgot and it has been driven. So wife took it to the store. On the way back she overheated to the point where by the time she pulled in a lot it stopped on its own. Wife freaked out, even though I explained it's normal that it won't start till it cools of to half at least. She got it home redlined. I order a rad Friday, since the leak I had saw was under the bumper. Started and of course saw no leak , so I let it run, forgot , and once it hit redline it started pouring in the front (not of the sides of the tank, or at least I can't see it). Once it cools of I will try to take it of, even though I probably won't get the rad today (FedEx shows possible today , but it hasn't even shipped so I doubt it).

Oh well, i've been thinking about finding a low mileage engine as I will keep this car probably slowly turn it into a long time show/keep for ever car..... But im pretty impressed that with this being the , dunno, maybe 10th time being overheated, probably the 4th or so time she has been overheated to where it turns of on its own, that the 210k head gasket and engine are still fine .....
Might do the engine oil and a transmission fluid flush since the new tranny has gotten some miles on it now.....
Since Sunday has been my only day off for the past 8-10 weeks , I am moving kinda slow. Luckily the cars have not developed any other issues (this leak I noticed about a month or more ago). The Buick however might finally get to the junkyard if I do not have time to at least try one more thing (it randomly overheats as the fans seem not to kick in the right speed or always.....I think it's just calling to be crushed)

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#381857  by M-Pressive
 January 12th, 2020, 8:27 pm
Did a dash swap with Lindsey in the 70 degree weather today.

So nice to be in the daily with a dash that does not have a crack. Quick turn around for me, just pulled the dash yesterday.
beespecial liked this
 #381878  by Sneke_Eyez
 January 14th, 2020, 4:52 pm
Despite a beautiful weekend in MA this past weekend, I didn't get anything done on my own cars.

But I did help my mother-in-law clean her apartment, her garage, and her 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, which I will have for sale shortly as long as the weather cooperates with my plans to clean it.

Hoping this weekend to get my cladding peeled and put my first 04 Special up for sale, but again, that will depend on the weather and this weekend is not supposed to be nice in MA.

Hit a milestone with the old Special yesterday:

That's about 65,000 miles I've put on the car since I bought it.
EasyRider300M liked this
 #381922  by adu1982
 January 16th, 2020, 11:42 pm
Replaced the radiator in about 2hr almost (but after work, and in the garage ). Waisted another almost the same time to get the air out but no...still blowing cold. Too late , almost 12 am so it''ll have to be tomorrow night...... Grrr

#381926  by Sneke_Eyez
 January 17th, 2020, 2:44 pm
Ordered some things for the new Special yesterday.
Found a few items I knew it needed it at a good price on Rockauto and couldn't pass them up.
No mods, just a bunch of maintenance items scattered through the car, from fuel tank straps to rear brake pads to spark plugs and O2 sensors.
Some are things that I had already done to my old Special and now I'll be able to do many of them to the new car at a good price.

Now I just need to finish peeling the old dip off the cladding and swapping the steering wheels.
Then I can call the old Special finished and list it for sale.
 #381934  by Haggis
 January 17th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Replaced the faulty alternator with a new 160amp one and did part of the Big 3 wiring upgrade. Will finish the negative wires when the new 4 gauge wire rings arrive... well that and when it’s just a tad bit warmer. Wiring in 30 degree weather hurts the hands!
 #381946  by adu1982
 January 19th, 2020, 11:56 am
Haggis wrote:Replaced the faulty alternator with a new 160amp one and did part of the Big 3 wiring upgrade. Will finish the negative wires when the new 4 gauge wire rings arrive... well that and when it’s just a tad bit warmer. Wiring in 30 degree weather hurts the hands!
Where did you get a new 160amp alt, or was it junkyard new?

Added coolant and got all the air out the other night, all is well and I see no leaks will see if coolant level is the same. Plan to do some car work today since our short Orlando outing got canceled by the wife (also didn't feel like it)