• What did you do to your car today?

• General Discussions about the 300M
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#383209  by M-Pressive
 March 31st, 2020, 7:34 am
sparky99 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:01 pm picked up a can of silver paint. Now, I can paint my "project"...
I think I know what it is!
 #383218  by TrepKing95
 March 31st, 2020, 4:38 pm
I've managed to make some progress on my infinite to-do list... did a little work on the 1st gen today... been a LONG time since I've been under the hood on that one; the struts can no longer be trusted! Spark plugs are done now, ready for another 30K. Also felt inspired enough to replace the left rear wheel speed sensor (who decided to put the connectors behind the rear seat?!?!). Unfortunately the 2 amber warning lights in the message center stayed on during the test drive. :cussb Did some more diagnostics, found the ABS module itself is faulty (all voltages are correct; but the lights remain). After that fiasco I decided to take care of the serpentine & A/C belts on my 99 M. Found that the A/C belt was just a few more compressor engagements away from failure :doh Got both replaced with new Mopar belts, no more chirping at idle! If I'd had a good damper puller, I probably would've tackled another timing belt replacement. It's been about 30k on a Dayco kit and I'm starting to lose a bit of coolant (very slow leak) so I'm assuming my water pump is on its way out. Also need to replace the front struts soon because I'm getting a very harsh bang over this one bump on the way to work :blam
M-Pressive liked this
 #383219  by adu1982
 March 31st, 2020, 4:42 pm
Wonder if that's what my problem is on the abs light being on. I checked voltage and it's the same on all, but when I put the code readers it read abs bad on right front and right rear. Also my brake light is on too. Is yours on too, or just abs and Trac..

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#383222  by M-Pressive
 March 31st, 2020, 5:54 pm
In-trepid wrote: March 30th, 2020, 7:55 pm The cover is underneath the adjuster screw. it just pops out on each side and slides back. sometimes it takes a couple of screwdrivers and a bit of prying to get it back and off. It just snaps into place. the adjuster can also be turned about an eighth of a turn counterclockwise for a little better access.

Thanks! Adjusters are now working on each light.

Waiting on my fans to come in then I will put the front of the car back together.
 #383226  by sparky99
 March 31st, 2020, 7:34 pm
Today at work, I painted the "project"... Tomorrow, it gets cleared... then installed.

I'll toss up some pictures when its done and installed.
 #383228  by Spades32
 March 31st, 2020, 9:01 pm
Well boys and girls today I decided to tackle the 6 disc changer/DVD unit. With some advice from a trusty friend (Ryan), I was able to wire up the new unit which provides the benefit of being able to listen to music from my phone. It also doubles as a way for the kids to watch a movie on their tablets Which sounds really good. I also took some time to do a couple little touches under the hood. I highlighted all the faded lettering on the reservoir covers and some touches to the plenum. All said and done it was a fun day to tinker. 🇵🇷💯👍🏼
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M-Pressive, Sneke_Eyez, LUNAT1C and 1 others liked this
 #383242  by TrepKing95
 April 1st, 2020, 3:52 pm
adu1982 wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:42 pm Wonder if that's what my problem is on the abs light being on. I checked voltage and it's the same on all, but when I put the code readers it read abs bad on right front and right rear. Also my brake light is on too. Is yours on too, or just abs and Trac..

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Alex, only my TRAC OFF and ABS lights are on... but mine doesn't use the Teves Mk20E controller, which relies on wheel speed signals for the electronic brake proportioning part of the system.
 #383258  by sparky99
 April 1st, 2020, 8:52 pm
sparky99 wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:34 pm Today at work, I painted the "project"... Tomorrow, it gets cleared... then installed.

I'll toss up some pictures when its done and installed.
took a can of clear to work today, its been a little slower the last few days, so in between jobs, i put about 4 coats of clear on the "project". I think its going to look good once installed. I'm happy with the work, there is one tiny imperfection, but it looks good for what i can do without paying a bunch out of pocket.

I will get some updated pics of the installed project once its completed. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day!
 #383272  by sparky99
 April 2nd, 2020, 8:58 pm
I finished up the "project" today. Well, mostly. I want to wait a few days with the warmer temps to buff and polish up the paint. Once then it will look even better.

but here it is!!!

the color is very close to the original. I think it will look even better with the clear flattened after a light wet sand and buff/polish. Like I said, I want to wait a few days yet for that.

also, not pictured is the 2 bolts holding the gas door on. They are the Green bolts from my green car. I liked the idea of keeping subtle touches from it all over this car.
It'll remind me every time I get gas.
M-Pressive, Sneke_Eyez, StealthM and 2 others liked this
 #383307  by Spades32
 April 4th, 2020, 9:41 pm
Well today I touched up some things under the hood, as well as making some subtle changes to the upper and lower grilles on the 04' Special. I removed the insulating pad under the hood, then proceeded to clean and paint it Black. It came out looking brand new and will serve as the canvas for a little project I have in the works that could take a while to complete. I then went ahead and touched up some things asthetically. I wanted to post some before and after pictures of the engine bay with the hopes of posting a picture of the finished product when the insulating pad is complete. I would love to hear what you think. 👍🏼🇵🇷
Jorge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrepKing95, monte4 liked this
 #383310  by M-Pressive
 April 5th, 2020, 10:15 am
Spades32 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 9:41 pm Well today I touched up some things under the hood, as well as making some subtle changes to the upper and lower grilles on the 04' Special. I removed the insulating pad under the hood, then proceeded to clean and paint it Black. It came out looking brand new and will serve as the canvas for a little project I have in the works that could take a while to complete. I then went ahead and touched up some things asthetically. I wanted to post some before and after pictures of the engine bay with the hopes of posting a picture of the finished product when the insulating pad is complete. I would love to hear what you think. 👍🏼🇵🇷
Jorge
Looks great! I know the car well, glad you are putting your own spin on it.
Spades32 liked this
 #383339  by Sneke_Eyez
 April 6th, 2020, 5:16 pm
I am glad you are making the car your own, Jorge! It looks great!

This weekend I took some time and did a couple of projects on the Special.

Saturday I replaced the upstream Oxygen sensors.

The ones I removed were absolutely done.
Some of the worst I've seen - definitely the original sensors.

Sunday I swapped out the motor mounts.

This isn't a great picture, but the OEM ones were pretty done.

The next item on the replacement list is my transmission mount.
I was considering doing it tonight, but its already 6:15 and I just finished work, so that's likely not happening.
M-Pressive liked this
 #383432  by First Lady
 April 11th, 2020, 10:49 am
It’s gonna get WAY worse before it gets better! Tackling the leak in M-Pressive!