Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • M-Pressive's 2020 M&M (maintenance and mods)

• General Discussions about the 300M
John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show Banner

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#384317  by M-Pressive
 May 27th, 2020, 10:37 am
sparky99 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 8:54 pm Whats leaking on the air ride system? It sounds like you've had a lot of trouble with the setup. Sorry to hear.

Keep your chin up and you'll get through it.
The setup was great for quite some time. The leaks started when the new struts were added. I am just chasing them down now. the shop I use likes to leave stuff till the last second and then complain about my deadline of wanting to make a couple shows each year. So he gave me the car back with leaks and it isn't going back to him.

The elbows and pass through valves the bring the lines into the car are leaking. Some of the connections to the struts had small leaks but we addressed them. That stuff is five years old so replacing that and some of the lines should hopefully address it.
 #384323  by M-Pressive
 May 27th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Replacement air ride parts came in today.

Also ordered a few new lights for the trunk. The existing ones are getting old so I am going to swap them out while I am in there.
 #384327  by sparky99
 May 27th, 2020, 9:35 pm
time flies, I guess I didn't realize the setup was 5 years old already. It makes sense. Hope it goes smoothly.
M-Pressive liked this
 #384345  by M-Pressive
 May 28th, 2020, 8:13 pm
sparky99 wrote:time flies, I guess I didn't realize the setup was 5 years old already. It makes sense. Hope it goes smoothly.
Thanks. May crawl under there tomorrow night and see what I can fix. Going to spend the weekend on it and the rest of the lights.
 #384354  by First Lady
 May 28th, 2020, 8:25 pm
The shop is definitely frustrating but it’s certainly something we couldn’t have done originally since it was Frankensteined together. With the new set up, what Ryan and Keith have already done already, and what we’ll do this weekend there’s no doubt in my mind we could install a setup.

Just adding it to my list of well-roundedness: air ride installer- check!
 #384362  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 29th, 2020, 8:04 am
Honestly, after working on it several times now, I feel like it isn't very intimidating to me anymore. I think we could install a setup.
First Lady liked this
 #384364  by dcsally97
 May 29th, 2020, 11:23 am
What, Lindsey's car is next? LOL
Maybe a hybrid Fusion with bagged suspension???
First Lady liked this
 #384366  by First Lady
 May 29th, 2020, 7:27 pm
dcsally97 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 11:23 am What, Lindsey's car is next? LOL
Maybe a hybrid Fusion with bagged suspension???
You're hilarious Doug!!! I'm still shocked at myself that I spent money on new wheels. Air ride is not in my future....and I'm sure Ashley is right on par with me!! Though I'd be willing to help put it in a local interpid....just to say we've done it!!
 #384375  by First Lady
 May 30th, 2020, 3:56 pm
LUNAT1C wrote:Parking lot install? :lol: :wink:
I see your challenge!!!
 #384382  by M-Pressive
 May 31st, 2020, 6:43 pm
We had a good weekend overall.

Finished up the driver rear wheel ring and ran all the wiring for that side up into the car. Wheel cleaned and everything installed.

Moved to the passenger side, pulled the rotor and the emergency brake pads dropped onto the ground. Look inside the rotor and they had been banging around for a while. No parts available locally so that threw us off a bit. Installed the ring and brought all the wiring up into the car on that side as well.

Pulled out the rear bucket seats and pulled all the old underbody and wheel ring wiring out. Connected the new sets and did some testing. Wheel rings all light up! Underbody kit is missing the front pieces because the bumper is off but the rest lit up! The kit is amazing overall, can have about 8 colors in one strip at any given point. Had to pause there on putting that back corner together until the pads comes in.

Going to go back to the driver side and replace the brake shoes as well when I get the stuff in.

We also did a bunch of random stuff:
Replaced one strobe bulb (burned out in OC last year)
New registration sticker on the rear plate
Put the cross-member back in
Lindsey cleaned up a ton of wiring in the nose of the car

The car should be on the ground this coming weekend! Needs to go to the alignment shop before we can put the front bumper on and then a bunch of work inside the car.

Not sure how much we will enjoy it this year but as least it will be 100% complete for the first time in years.
monte4 liked this
 #384384  by M-Pressive
 May 31st, 2020, 6:46 pm
We also built a list of parts needed for a train horn system. I have an extra valve on the air ride system so it should be an easy install.

We ordered the line already so it can be installed when the car is up in the air. The horns will go under the battery box up front when we get them.
 #384386  by LUNAT1C
 May 31st, 2020, 8:19 pm
Glad to see folks making the best of the stay-home situation. You two are going full throttle on the cars just as we have been on the new house. I wish I could have worked on my car, but can’t until I figure out the jack and jack stand situation (jack failed last year and jack stands were recalled). When you get bored, come on by Waterford! :lol:
First Lady liked this
 #384393  by M-Pressive
 June 1st, 2020, 1:35 pm
Pretty much everything I ordered yesterday is on its way.

Should be here by the end of the week.
 #384402  by In-trepid
 June 3rd, 2020, 2:00 pm
M-Pressive wrote: May 31st, 2020, 6:43 pm
Not sure how much we will enjoy it this year but as least it will be 100% complete for the first time in years.
Something tells me that 100% will never be achieved. There will always be that next mod to install!
First Lady liked this