So I've been driving my Special back and forth to work for over a week now and there's a couple of items I need to address if the car is going to Carlisle.
Seems like Carlisle always marks a time when I need to work on my Special, even though the car itself has changed since last year.
Couple of relatively easy items ahead of me though, I think:
1) Figure out where the car is leaking water from, pull the carpet and fumigate it to get rid of the musty odor.
2) Tighten the (almost new) front swaybar endlinks and check all front end components (getting a minor knocking under certain circumstances).
3) Check the ball joint shield to determine if it is rubbing on the rotor (getting a squeal under certain circumstances over the last 2 days).
4) See what I can do about the hanging headliner at the moonroof.
5) Swap the dash?
6) Generally clean the car as it is totally filthy.
The car won't be anywhere near where I want it to be for Carlisle. We'll see if I can get the dash swap done or if it comes with a crack.
I have a new cladding color for the car waiting in gallons, but I don't think I can make the time prior to the show to get it done.
I also had intended to get a new hood and roof spoiler painted and on the car prior to the show, both of which I have.
But none of that is going to happen what with buying a house 2 weeks ago. That's OK with me - I'm happy I have the house.
So, the Special will come (driven by Bobby) with two different colors of cladding, but it should at least be clean and otherwise happy.
The Intrepid, meanwhile, needs to be inspected and needs a center resonator added to the exhaust to reduce the drone.
I stupidly had the center resonator removed late last year due to rot in the OEM resonator. The shop did not want to put a new resonator on it as they said it would rot out, but the new exhaust sound, while plenty loud and throaty, leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion versus what it sounded like with just the center resonator and Flowmaster 80.
I need to get that done prior to Carlisle as I do not want to drive all the way to the show with the exhaust droning away.
2017-2020 Club Vice President. || Carlisle 2019 Best Exterior! Thank you!
2002 Dodge Intrepid ES. || 2004 Chrysler 300M Special. || 2009 Dodge Ram SLT.
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon. || 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe.
Ashley's: 2017 Ford Fusion Energi. Mom's: 2003 Chrysler 300M. 40k!
Prior: 2001 Intrepid SE. || 2001 Concorde LXi. || 2002 300M Pro Am. || 2004 300M Special.