Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • What did you do to your car today?

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#387830  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 4th, 2021, 10:47 am
After a long week last week on the way home from work on Friday the Special threw a camshaft position sensor code! Woo frigin hoo. New OEM enroute, code cleared for now, car is fine.

My summer wheels have been a saga since my last post, after leaving them for that week, checking all air pressure, installing them and driving to my mom's with no issues, the following morning I came down to go to work and the car had a flat tire!
Took the Ram to work and took the wheel off that night to discover a leaky bead!
Brought the wheel to another tire shop, they put bead sealer on it and said it was fine, brought the tire home and by the next day it was flat again!
That tire has two plugs in it, so I finally just decided it must be the plugs leaking and gave up and ordered new tires.

That, of course, got me to thinking about having the wheels refinished as my summer of driving to Boston last year damaged them with one bend and some rash, plus they had other rash when I bought them.

So now I'm awaiting a trip to the wheel refinishing place next week-ish, where I have them lined up for a new color.

The Ram's flares have been peeling almost since I put them on (the liquid wrap didn't last at all due to poor prep), so I peeled them and had them painted last week.
But, I am waiting to put them on as the driver's fender has a rust bubble I am going to get repaired - I drop the truck off tomorrow morning and it is supposed to be done by Friday morning - quick turnaround!

After the Ram project is complete I have some work I have planned for the Special prior to Carlisle.
The car is in very good shape, but I want to make it more "perfect" than it currently is, and luckily the body shop is happy to do the work for reasonable money (the same shop that helped rebuild Lindsey's Special!).

We've been taking care of another house (long, long story), that is finally ready to be sold, so I will start to have some time to get projects done on the weekends, which is good because I feel like I have a lot to get done!
 #387834  by First Lady
 May 4th, 2021, 8:48 pm
Is the rust repair happening by Tony too Ryan?

Love that you have him and can continue that relationship.

We might head to a new body shop tomorrow (has 2nd vaccine shot today and hoping to feel well tomorrow but have the day off from work - we will either be busy living life or be plopped on the couch feeling icky) to talk to them about the few items on my car that need to be repainted. I know it won't be Tony in price or friendliness or speed but I'm hoping it will get the job done well. Stay tuned!
 #387836  by KxWarrior
 May 5th, 2021, 6:45 pm
waiting on a couple decals for the motorsports....Unfortunately the new ones i stuck on a misaligned (I'm dumb and didn't exactly measure properly), so I need at least one more...

Can't find OEM for a couple things so, oem lookalike is my only real option.
 #387841  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 7th, 2021, 8:52 am
First Lady wrote: May 4th, 2021, 8:48 pm Is the rust repair happening by Tony too Ryan?

Love that you have him and can continue that relationship.

We might head to a new body shop tomorrow (has 2nd vaccine shot today and hoping to feel well tomorrow but have the day off from work - we will either be busy living life or be plopped on the couch feeling icky) to talk to them about the few items on my car that need to be repainted. I know it won't be Tony in price or friendliness or speed but I'm hoping it will get the job done well. Stay tuned!
Of course it is Tony!
I am not planning to use anyone else for anything else.

I stopped by there this morning, the Ram should be done by this evening.
Happy to have a good shop like that in my backyard!

Hopefully everything went ok with your second shots and the body shop!