Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Do you like the 300M horn sound ? Are theese horns better?

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#361235  by VisitBulgaria

I just hate the 300M original horn sound - it dont match the cars luxurious size, I will go out a install a new horn as fast a possible, it will be my first upgrade!

Try to listen to my favorit horn here. It a HELLA Double Trumpet Twin horn versus a Kia car stock horn. I think the Kia horn sound like the original 300M horn :-) HELLA Trumpet Twin horn amake a load, deep and clear signal
:nx

Hella Trumpet Twin Double horn
(2:53)

olso try search on YouTube "horn compared vs to stock" for others horn, there are hundrede of choices, but which horn are best? Please tell about your experiences, link, youtube

Here are other horns in some kind of comparison. http://www.comparaboo.com/best-car-horns (without sound

Maybee number 1 from PIAA; the Superior Bass Horn could be a choice for some , but the price is double as HELLA, and I don't think the sound is double as good, (se YouTube link) cantrary there are lot more distortions compared to the Hella Double Trumpet horn (number 7) , as I think match our 300M perfect.

PIAA Superior Bass Horn

Thats just my opinion. I think the small fancy colored sportshorn has a frequency that are to high.

Have you found a favorit horn, or do you still prefer the original horn? :drive
 #361240  by adu1982

I dont like our horn either , but I don't really use it so never cared. What I do hate is that is not loud enough even when you lock it or try to find it with the remote.

Even more than that I hate the weak range of the remotes on our cars, less even than the pos buick rdvz my dad has.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
 #361245  by beespecial

adu1982 wrote:...Even more than that I hate the weak range of the remotes on our cars, less even than the pos buick rdvz my dad has.
Try googling "Key fob head trick" for a way to extend the range of your remote. It works. I confirmed it with my own car.
 #361248  by tafi300M

They said it's the water around brain, that acts like antenna.
 #361254  by adu1982

beespecial wrote:
adu1982 wrote:...Even more than that I hate the weak range of the remotes on our cars, less even than the pos buick rdvz my dad has.
Try googling "Key fob head trick" for a way to extend the range of your remote. It works. I confirmed it with my own car.
Thanks, knew about it , from all people....the wife....she saw it on YouTube I think...

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
 #361257  by LUNAT1C

Also remember your remote might need a fresh battery. Mine does, as it generally doesn't work until I'm next to the car these days.

The 300M horn has a good sound, but it's weak. a hay truck couldn't hear me two months ago and almost ran me off the road. I noticed the horns on my Wrangler are much stronger... I might see if they'd work, but changing the horns is low on my to-do list.