Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • What did you do to your car today?

• General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs

Moderator: Moderators

#389298  by TrepKing95

Sneke_Eyez wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:02 pm Well I got the valve body and solenoid changed with Jimmy's help.
Thanks to Keith, Lindsey, and Bob for answering their phones at certain points to help with my questions.
A messy process and I learned some things despite this being the 4th time I've done the job.
I also changed the oil pressure sender. And now it is flickering worse than it was before.
I put di-electric grease in the connector and I assume that's causing the flickering, which is frustrating.
Also changed the differential fluid.
When I have a few minutes I will sit down and add some information to the knowledgebase topics for these jobs.
I had a 2018 Journey with the 2.4L one time with an intermittent Oil Pressure warning light... Wound up being that another dealer had replaced the connector for rodent damage and had packed it full of dielectric grease... Apparently the sensors have to be able to "breathe" (equalize to atmospheric pressure) to function properly. Sure enough, I used a generous amount of contact cleaner and the issue never happened again.
 #389312  by Sneke_Eyez

TrepKing95 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 6:59 pm
Sneke_Eyez wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:02 pm Well I got the valve body and solenoid changed with Jimmy's help.
Thanks to Keith, Lindsey, and Bob for answering their phones at certain points to help with my questions.
A messy process and I learned some things despite this being the 4th time I've done the job.
I also changed the oil pressure sender. And now it is flickering worse than it was before.
I put di-electric grease in the connector and I assume that's causing the flickering, which is frustrating.
Also changed the differential fluid.
When I have a few minutes I will sit down and add some information to the knowledgebase topics for these jobs.
I had a 2018 Journey with the 2.4L one time with an intermittent Oil Pressure warning light... Wound up being that another dealer had replaced the connector for rodent damage and had packed it full of dielectric grease... Apparently the sensors have to be able to "breathe" (equalize to atmospheric pressure) to function properly. Sure enough, I used a generous amount of contact cleaner and the issue never happened again.
That's good information to know.
The flickering has reduced dramatically, but I need to fix it - seeing that oil pressure light flickering sometimes is anxiety-inducing even if I know the car is running well.
 #389314  by adu1982

Mine flickered a few times, than the day it did constantly to and back from work...some top bang ...haven't opened it up...having multiple cars, and the lack of time makes me take a while until I check things.. still don't know what's up with the special.....

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

#389472  by LUNAT1C

Yes, this group has taught me everything I know about working on cars. 10 years ago I couldn't imagine doing a timing belt, replacing rocker assemblies, replacing a radiator, replacing an AC system, or diagnosing and repairing two separate misfire issues one year apart. Yet here I am having done timing belts on two cars, and rockers and AC one one, plus the radiator and fixing those misfires on a completely different vehicle, my Jeep. Even helped in learning that my Jeeps torque converter was giving out and guided the dealer in drawing the same conclusion to have it repaired under warranty two years ago. If I lost my M today, I'd still come to the meets in the Jeep or the Durango.
Null, TrepKing95 liked this
 #389498  by First Lady

Took M-Pressive to a Trunk and Treat! Had to look the part, ya know!!

Sneke_Eyez, E-Rock W, TrepKing95 and 1 others liked this
 #389720  by svwings

LUNAT1C wrote: March 5th, 2021, 10:36 am Funny story on pulling yard seats... last weekend I went to a different yard to check their stock (the car I was trying to get that seat and dash from was scrapped and pulled from their inventory). I found a landau roof silver Special with a good uncracked dash that now resides in my basement.

The funny bit is the seats also did not work in this car, and this time the seats were rolled all the way forward. So, they HAD to come out to get the dash out. I had my battery impact with me, so it wasn't a big deal. Rear bolts zipped right out, and some finagling with a standard extension (I have no impact extensions) got the front ones out lickety split. Just seems funny that I went from one car with nonworking seats rolled all the way back, to one with them rolled all the way forward.

I also got a decent wood wheel and black with real wood shifter bezel from an LHS. Someone had already pulled the wheel for me and it was sitting in the seat!
I am faced with a similar problem and your report gives me hope. My driver's side seat is jammed in a mostly rearward position (One of worm screws does not turn) and the rear bolts are covered by the slider. In order to replace the seat adjuster (i've ordered one from a wrecking yard) I need to get the bad one out.

Other than what you've said, any other tips of comments?

Is it possible to remove the seat itself from the adjuster with it still in the car?
 #389723  by TrepKing95

svwings wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 3:24 pm
LUNAT1C wrote: March 5th, 2021, 10:36 am Funny story on pulling yard seats... last weekend I went to a different yard to check their stock (the car I was trying to get that seat and dash from was scrapped and pulled from their inventory). I found a landau roof silver Special with a good uncracked dash that now resides in my basement.

The funny bit is the seats also did not work in this car, and this time the seats were rolled all the way forward. So, they HAD to come out to get the dash out. I had my battery impact with me, so it wasn't a big deal. Rear bolts zipped right out, and some finagling with a standard extension (I have no impact extensions) got the front ones out lickety split. Just seems funny that I went from one car with nonworking seats rolled all the way back, to one with them rolled all the way forward.

I also got a decent wood wheel and black with real wood shifter bezel from an LHS. Someone had already pulled the wheel for me and it was sitting in the seat!
I am faced with a similar problem and your report gives me hope. My driver's side seat is jammed in a mostly rearward position (One of worm screws does not turn) and the rear bolts are covered by the slider. In order to replace the seat adjuster (i've ordered one from a wrecking yard) I need to get the bad one out.

Other than what you've said, any other tips of comments?

Is it possible to remove the seat itself from the adjuster with it still in the car?
I had an experience doing that very thing at a junkyard; make sure you have the complete lower seat frame ready before you start; I tried it with my Milwaukee power adapter, and the seat just bound up trying to adjust. I wound up taking out the front 2 bolts, then using a rather interesting "Rocking Chair" method to weaken and break the rear attaching points off of the frame. It didn't look like I bent the seat attaching points on the vehicle when I did it, but that would be my only concern doing it "in the field" as opposed to on a vehicle with one wheel in the crusher.
 #389726  by LUNAT1C

I would zip out the fronts like normal, and use a standard wrench on the rears. It'll take a minute, but patience will win the day. It is not possible to remove the seat from the seat track while still in the car. I've tried.
TrepKing95 liked this
 #389802  by Priit

I had a really cold start in -23C (-9.4F) this morning and I think I've never started it with such cold weather. I love how the V6 became alive with this assuring 3.5 sound. Yes, the power steering and brake pedal, transmission lever and even doors are a lot harder to move than with warmer weather, but I really like how 300M just works in harsh winter conditions with good handling and no frozen doors etc. I really like this V6 engine sounds... Probably not best for the car with such minus degrees (given the sounds coming out of the engine for a few minutes), but luckily there are only a few days a year where it is so cold in Estonia.

My 2003 300M has 270k km (167k miles) and I'm driven 34k (21k miles) in two years of owning it :)

[
TrepKing95 liked this
 #389884  by M-Pressive

Beautiful mid-70s weather down here the past couple days.

Took advantage of the time off and tackled a few things on the black car.

Passenger CV axle replaced, new passenger hub and I rebuilt the slides in the brake caliper.

Car was making some noise in that corner, just tackled it all at the same time.

Also did the differential fluid as well because it is easier with the wheel off. I think it had never been changed, smelled terrible. I need to change the fluid on all of them so this was a good first step.

Car fought me a bit but all is well and the car is ready for a trip to Florida tomorrow! Threw the bra on it as well to help protect the nose during the trip.

Merry Christmas everyone.
 #389886  by Sneke_Eyez

Nice, sounds like some good work accomplished, Keith. Have a nice trip to Florida!
 #389987  by LUNAT1C

Not done to the car, but I did set up the latest award, from Myrtle Beach. The awards were engraved lexan that fit into bases with RGB LEDs inside. They were cut wrong originally and had to be dremeled to fit. Finally put mine up after getting a power strip to my new basement worktop.
PXL_20220108_024142534.jpg
PXL_20220108_024027281.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #390029  by First Lady

Got tint installed today!! Looks awesome and can’t wait for it to cure.

Back into the garage to rebuild Keith’s speaker box. It’s coming out great but measuring twice, cutting once is taking a bit long. We have to really talk through each step to be sure we get it right. So far we’re right on!!!

#390071  by TrepKing95

Finally took the 300 for a drive on Friday to show it off at the tech school I originally purchased her from; noted some odd idling habits (revving to 2k and down to 400rpm on its own) which eventually turned to stalling at stop signs... Surprised it didn't set any codes... but now I need a warm day to pull the throttle body for a detailed cleaning... might swap in the IAC from the old plenum to help rule it out.
 #390107  by LUNAT1C

Since I was finally able to set up my NAS, I offloaded images I took with my A7m3 last year. Here's a couple group shots at Carlisle!

Sneke_Eyez, First Lady, monte4 and 1 others liked this
 #390111  by M-Pressive

LUNAT1C wrote: January 27th, 2022, 3:28 pm Since I was finally able to set up my NAS, I offloaded images I took with my A7m3 last year. Here's a couple group shots at Carlisle!

Can you add what you have to the Fotki folder for that Carlisle? Shoot me a PM if you need the login so you can do a bulk upload.

Thanks!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #390117  by LUNAT1C

M-Pressive wrote: January 27th, 2022, 8:17 pm Can you add what you have to the Fotki folder for that Carlisle? Shoot me a PM if you need the login so you can do a bulk upload.

Thanks!
Already have it, photos are uploaded along with other shots of each car. Also uploaded a shot of Ryan mid-flip on his award followed by another of his beaming face with the plaque right-way up. :lol:
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #390203  by First Lady

Have M-Pressive at a show in Charlotte!! Great to have it out and showing it to a new crowd.

FIREM, monte4, LUNAT1C and 1 others liked this
 #390205  by monte4

Looks amazing!!
 #390207  by adu1982

Now that's a show car

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk