Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Selling M Adventure

• General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs

Moderator: Moderators

#391302  by First Lady

Awesome stop in St. Louis!! The arch is super cool and a fun way to break up the drive. Highly recommend!! Grabbed lunch at a super cool bar near by with STL style pizza - loved it!!! Thin, crackery crust and Provolone cheese!!!

Now to pick up the rental and head to Galesburg!! Image

#391305  by EasyRider300M

I have one question.
What vehicle is Keith going to use as his daily driver now that the Special is gone?
 #391306  by M-Pressive

EasyRider300M wrote:I have one question.
What vehicle is Keith going to use as his daily driver now that the Special is gone?
I don’t really use a car daily anymore.

Work from home and use Lindsey’s or the Charger if I need to go somewhere.
 #391307  by First Lady

Will fill in the blanks but am happy to announce that Logan in the proud new owner of a wonderful 300M!!! The smile on his face when he opened the door made every mile worth it!! So excited for this next adventure for it!!!

Sneke_Eyez, InfernoRedM liked this
 #391308  by EasyRider300M

I hope you told the kid he better join the 300M Enthusiasts club! He could be part of the future of the club.
 #391311  by First Lady

It was 225 miles to Galesburg in two separate cars after picking up a rental in St. Louis. I was able to stop a few pics on the open road - there’s a lot of corn. The wind farms were cool to see.

As I said, when Logan came to the door you could just feel his excitement!! Couldn’t get the smile off his face and his family was so sweet and excited for him. It was the best!

Not gonna lie there was a tear in my eye walking away. One final pic with her…

We wish Logan all the best with the M!!! It’s such a great car and while she’s taken us on our final adventure, she’s full of more and I can’t wait to hear what’s in store. Be safe and enjoy!!!!

Tonight brings us to Iowa and totals 1120 miles in 39 hours!! And through 8 states since yesterday morning!! Cheersing in our hotel room for an amazing chapter in our wonderful life.

Tomorrow a quick stop in Chicago for a few hours and then off to Fort Wayne to see Waikel!!
LoganG6 liked this
 #391312  by M-Pressive

Car drove 1100 miles so easily. Lots of life in that car still!

Good luck with it Logan! I will buy him a membership if he does not join.
 #391319  by First Lady

Was slightly lost in the parking lot this morning, not looking for and M. Next stop, 118 miles to Wrigley Field!
 #391320  by First Lady

Great stop in CHI!

We toured the Keith way- bean, buildings, river, pee smell, traffic, honking, and out.

While our time was fun and enjoyed seeing the sights, we feel good about leaving after the shooting at a nearby parade. So sad.

Now 175 miles to Waikel’s!!
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #391322  by First Lady

Great visit with Robert and Stephanie…spaced on taking a picture we were having such a great time. Ended up grabbing dinner together- missed the kids a lot but drove away saying “why is it again that our friends live so far away?!” It’s a drawback of the club…our favorite people are spread out all over the place!!!! So wonderful to see them and open some garage space foe them by taking a set of bumpers off their hands.

See you in 10 days Robert!!
Sneke_Eyez, sparky99 liked this
 #391330  by First Lady

Up and on the road again…122 miles to Speedway, IN!

#391332  by First Lady

Our bellies are full but our hearts have holes. Grabbed a few things in the museum at IMS and started walking to the pagoda to see John’s bricks. A security guard stopped us and said we had to stay by the museum due to construction that was going on. We asked if there was a tour we could take to get there but none of them went there. A woman did give us another woman’s phone number to call and ask if there was anything that could be done. We called and left a message but never heard anything back. I’m so sad!! Made an attempt to console ourselves with mudflap sat Dawson’s. Also didn’t get to see Barb as she’s supporting a friend in chemo today. All in all, we leave Indy broken-hearted. Until next time.
 #391333  by LUNAT1C

That's a shame, the one day you're in town and it's closed off. Hopefully next time. I really want to make it back to Indy to visit John's bricks, sad we couldn't do it for the race this year.
 #391339  by First Lady

Agree Robert!! We will be back for sure, just hoped to spend some time on this trip.

Made the 125 mile voyage to Churchill Downs which was very different than we imagined. Drove around a bit and have arrived at a super swanky hotel.

Hitting a small part of the bourbon trail tomorrow at Buffalo Trace in hopes to score some Blantons.

#391346  by First Lady

56 miles this morning to Buffalo Trace distillery. We’re line to make a purchase. There’s the smell of bourbon in the air and huge buildings full of barrels.

Will see what we get the opportunity to purchase!!
 #391347  by First Lady

Lol!!!!! There’s a family in line in front of us - 4 young boys, dad, and expecting mother. One boy just said he was bored. Moms response: “remember how excited you were to take a tour of the garbage dump? Well this is like that for daddy.”
FIREM, Sneke_Eyez, LUNAT1C and 2 others liked this
 #391350  by FIREM

First Lady wrote: July 6th, 2022, 7:38 am Lol!!!!! There’s a family in line in front of us - 4 young boys, dad, and expecting mother. One boy just said he was bored. Moms response: “remember how excited you were to take a tour of the garbage dump? Well this is like that for daddy.”
"Precious"
Safe Travels as you tour, sad that your time in Indy didn't work out.
 #391359  by First Lady

As opening neared an employee came down the line saying… “Blantons on the shelf today” and it was music to our ears!!! The 30% chance came true!!!!

It’s a pretty awesome setup despite them making it so hard to get. You checkin in one building, get your ID scanned and a chipped wristband. Then walk up to the gift store. There wasn’t a ton of merch but there were walls with shelves of Blantons!! Everything was one per person.

We will be tucking ours away for upcoming years when we might not be able to find a bottle.

Looking forward celebrating with Robert’s bottle this year!!

Such a cool experience!!!!

Note all the barrels in the windows!!

#391360  by First Lady

Up next 197 miles to Knoxville!
 #391363  by LUNAT1C

Are you sure there's only one per person in that big box? :lol:

Have fun in Knoxville. Been there many times since my sister lived there about 5 years attending grad school at UT-Knox. It's the halfway point driving between our house and my parents near Stuart, FL.