Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Just got my new toy!

• A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.

Moderator: Moderators

#377158  by mopar39426ml
 January 2nd, 2019, 10:53 am
300maximilien wrote:What's new with the ride?
Wow it's been a while since I updated this.

I've gotten the factory stripes put back on, gotten an SRT spoiler and painted it to match the stripes, and swapped to Varvatos/later 300S taillights.

The spoiler serves dual purpose, being blue. It matches the stripes and balances that out aesthetically, but also allows me a not-black-paint place to grab my trunk to close it, aside from the latch which hurts my fingers to grab and pull.Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#377160  by mopar39426ml
 January 2nd, 2019, 10:58 am
Also, I've now got a Diablosport InTune tune on it, and have a Z Automotive Tazer that I used to unlock SRT pages, and turn off the DRL lockout when the turn signal comes on.

Almost forgot it has an SRT grille too now.Image

#377164  by LUNAT1C
 January 2nd, 2019, 2:15 pm
I would still grab it by the latch if there's no handle built in. I'd be surprised if you didn't have a handhold, I think my 07 Charger had a hole in the sheet metal, if not a plastic cup as well.

Grabbing it by the spoiler puts extra stress on the plastic that will crack it over time. I got strong warnings about that back in my Grand Prix days and carried it over to my Special when I had one installed. It's awkward, but I strictly grab it by the latch.
 #377192  by mopar39426ml
 January 3rd, 2019, 11:58 pm
I figured it's cheap enough of a spoiler (less than $100) that if it breaks, I'll replace it. Also, it's currently only 3M'd on.
The problem is, the latch I need to grip between my index finger and thumb, and if it slips, it hurts.

I actually tried using a trunk strap from (I think) an LHS, but couldn't get it to stay in.

Somehow there's no handle designed in, so it's the spoiler, or trunk itself.

#377201  by Katzchen78
 January 4th, 2019, 10:38 am
I love the idea of the tinted lights. Does it make them harder for other cars to see when they are on? Yours looks so incredible!!!
 #377206  by mopar39426ml
 January 4th, 2019, 11:51 am
Katzchen78 wrote:I love the idea of the tinted lights. Does it make them harder for other cars to see when they are on? Yours looks so incredible!!!
All the cars I've owned had tinted taillights at some point. Currently, the car doesn't have them anymore.

If your car has standard bulbs, I would suggest upgrading to LED for the extra brightness. The standard style bulbs are sufficient unless you go overboard on the tint, but I'd rather cover my @$$ than have someone rearend me because they claim they couldn't see them.

I was alright tinting the lights because they're factory LED and are very bright, and still would light up signs behind me when I braked.

It's all a matter of personal comfort IMO as far as tinting taillights goes.

#377207  by Katzchen78
 January 4th, 2019, 11:55 am
Thank you so much!!! I love the look so I’ll have to check into getting LED lights like you suggested. It’s just so sexy!! Especially on darker cars like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #377241  by Countachqv
 January 5th, 2019, 5:27 pm
looks good! These cars have a resemblance to the Cadi CTS 2012-15 especially from the side i think
 #377247  by 300maximilien
 January 6th, 2019, 9:43 am
Looking good! I'm ready to buy a Tazer, but waiting for the new edition to come out. It had a window roll down feature I really want as well as some other new items.

Doesn't your trunk liner have built in handles? The one I added to my 08 does.
 #377263  by mopar39426ml
 January 7th, 2019, 8:19 am
300maximilien wrote:Looking good! I'm ready to buy a Tazer, but waiting for the new edition to come out. It had a window roll down feature I really want as well as some other new items.

Doesn't your trunk liner have built in handles? The one I added to my 08 does.
As far as I know, you can just update your Tazer after you get it. You don't need to buy a new one.

I have no handle whatsoever. The inside of the trunk is completely changed from 1Gs.