Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • PROJECT Chevy El Camino

• A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.
Membership Banner

A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.

Moderator: Moderators

#384793  by FIREM
 July 1st, 2020, 7:30 pm
One day short of bringing FIREM back to life a year ago, (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=36395)
The El Camino moves and stops under its own power!

Long Long way to go but its another step in the right direction.
 #384797  by EasyRider300M
 July 1st, 2020, 7:43 pm
There goes the neighborhood!
Congrats on getting it running.
 #384802  by StealthM
 July 1st, 2020, 11:55 pm
Ohhhh the neighbors are gunna love you...haha.... rock on brother. Looking good.
 #384809  by Sneke_Eyez
 July 2nd, 2020, 10:12 am
Awesome to see that, Bob! Hoping to have a similar video for my wagon before too long.
 #385408  by FIREM
 August 8th, 2020, 3:19 pm
Little Update: :( Turns out the FRAME is rotted and rusted so bad it is beyond repair. One body mount completely gone, left side front and rear suspension attaching points Swiss cheese.
(Thought I had already posted this)
Then this happened:
Rolled the frame with suspension and drive train right out from under the body.
Found a frame for $300 but it is 4 hours away. Just happens to be near my buddy in the Greenville area. So he picked it up ( has a utility trailer) and next time they come to visit us I will have the replacement.
Then the Chrysler's will have to live outside for a short time.
Body in one bay, old frame in another and swap drive train /suspension to the "new" frame in the 3rd bay.
EasyRider300M liked this
 #385409  by EasyRider300M
 August 8th, 2020, 3:51 pm
:eek Most people would have given up once seeing the frame being non-repairable. But not Bob. You are very ambitious and mechanically talented.
First Lady liked this
 #385410  by FIREM
 August 8th, 2020, 4:36 pm
There are already so many new parts already installed it’s hard to give up on this project. Every suspension part including Eibach lowering springs, complete brake system including stainless lines, refurbished dash pad, Holley Carb, Hedders, the list is endless. Even a full set of poly body bushings! The body work and paint was a given, frame was unexpected, but the amount of $$ already in parts made the decision easier.
EasyRider300M, monte4 liked this
 #385413  by Sneke_Eyez
 August 10th, 2020, 9:41 am
With all of the new parts and only $300 for a good frame, it seems like a no brainer to swap the frame out and keep going!