Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Sparky99's 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T

• A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.
Membership Banner

A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.

Moderator: Moderators

#387462  by sparky99
 March 3rd, 2021, 10:09 pm
gotcha!

I went to the BMV today and transferred the registration and plates from the Intrepid to the new car. Wasn't as salty as I had planned. I expected about 300 bucks. With transferring the Intrepid plate over, it saved me some cash vs. purchasing a new plate. I'll get a different plate when its due in November.
First Lady liked this
 #387475  by sparky99
 March 4th, 2021, 8:33 pm
I was able to get outside and do a little wiping and vacuuming in the car tonight. I feel SO much better now that I have all the salt off the mats/ and the back of the seats. I was able to get some interior shots. All I can say is that I love the radio screen! I absolutely love using the CarPlay, what a neat feature.
anyways, here are the pictures.

some of the pics look a little washed out, but its ok.
M-Pressive liked this
 #387476  by M-Pressive
 March 4th, 2021, 10:08 pm
Nice! I love the larger screen in the Charger as well.
sparky99 liked this
 #387477  by LUNAT1C
 March 5th, 2021, 10:28 am
Android Auto and Apply CarPlay have been gifts from the deities, that's for sure. I have it in my Special and Wrangler via my Kenwood headunits, and we have it factory in the Durango.
sparky99 liked this
 #387480  by sparky99
 March 5th, 2021, 8:19 pm
since I cleaned the inside yesterday..... Y'all have one guess what I did today... lol...

I think this car makes me have an addiction... I hope with the weather starting to warm up, I'll be able to start hand washing it at home.
We don't have any good "Touch-Less" car wash options here. My best bet is Mike's Carwash... It does a good job but we all call them the "slap n swirl" for good reason. So there will need to be some paint correction done.
 #387494  by LUNAT1C
 March 8th, 2021, 11:06 am
I was just thinking yesterday as the local touchless machine was spit-shining my Jeep, blasting the salt away, that I need to get to ACE or Lowes for some fittings for my de-ionizing wash system soon as the temperature outlook is trending in the correct direction (seems like we'll be dirty-talking with Summer by the weekend! At least briefly...).

Starting to look at my detail supply collection to determine what I need to restock since the Durango hasn't had it's new car detail yet.

No, the dealer scratch-n-swirl "new car prep" is not a new car detail. :roll:

I know you were pretty bummed about having to let go of your M, but it sure seems like the Accord has fixed that!
sparky99 liked this
 #387498  by sparky99
 March 8th, 2021, 9:45 pm
LUNAT1C wrote: March 8th, 2021, 11:06 am I was just thinking yesterday as the local touchless machine was spit-shining my Jeep, blasting the salt away, that I need to get to ACE or Lowes for some fittings for my de-ionizing wash system soon as the temperature outlook is trending in the correct direction (seems like we'll be dirty-talking with Summer by the weekend! At least briefly...).

Starting to look at my detail supply collection to determine what I need to restock since the Durango hasn't had it's new car detail yet.

No, the dealer scratch-n-swirl "new car prep" is not a new car detail. :roll:

I know you were pretty bummed about having to let go of your M, but it sure seems like the Accord has fixed that!
Its new, shiny and very nice. I am enjoying the car very much. It drives wonderful, handles great for a factory car and the little bit of power it has is nice. Oh, the 30 mpg is nice too!
 #387509  by sparky99
 March 12th, 2021, 5:58 pm
about 2 weeks ago I saw an Intake for sale. Its not much but better flow than the stock ribbed tube plus its got a K&N style filter in the factory box. This is PRL's stage one intake.

Since the car is a factory turbo, I really want to put a "vent to atmosphere" blow off valve but these cars have a bypass valve. It bypasses the turbo and dumps back into the compressor side of the turbo housing. The reading up on them I have

anyways, I had a little free time and went ahead and installed the "stage one" PRL intake.

M-Pressive liked this
 #387522  by sparky99
 March 16th, 2021, 3:47 pm
I was doing a little random research for things to do to the car and came across the "intercooler resonator delete" mod.. Basically they sell a 34mm plug to replace the resonator and make the car have more "turbo noise".. I've read that you get a little better throttle response, but its probably a bunch of crap..... but.... OF COURSE!!! Since we have a lathe and I have free time in the mornings, I whipped one up! I hope to get it installed later this week. Its a little chilly out still. But, it should be nice this weekend.
M-Pressive liked this
 #387523  by M-Pressive
 March 16th, 2021, 6:10 pm
Post some pics when you get it installed!
 #387524  by sparky99
 March 16th, 2021, 8:22 pm
I'll get some for sure... Well, some better pics.. I got bored and went out and installed it. It took about 15 minutes to install! Not really, it was about 20-25 minutes. Anyways, I think if any, there may be a little better boost response (less turbo lag) but minuscule if any. But, I can say that the turbo is a little louder. I can now hear it spool up a little better.

Was it worth it? Ehh... At least it was Free!
 #387651  by sparky99
 April 6th, 2021, 10:10 pm
Well, I haven't done anything to the car but get yelled at for too many car washes... lol.

The family needed a short get away, so we are currently in Newport, KY. We have been to the Cincinnati Zoo, The Newport Aquarium, and tomorrow we are headed to the "Ark Encounter" in Kentucky. After that, we will be heading home. The cool thing was driving down here, I get an average of 36.7 mpg. Its nice for sure with higher gas prices.

Stay safe everyone.
First Lady liked this
 #387678  by First Lady
 April 9th, 2021, 7:43 pm
sparky99 wrote: April 6th, 2021, 10:10 pm Well, I haven't done anything to the car but get yelled at for too many car washes... lol.

The family needed a short get away, so we are currently in Newport, KY. We have been to the Cincinnati Zoo, The Newport Aquarium, and tomorrow we are headed to the "Ark Encounter" in Kentucky. After that, we will be heading home. The cool thing was driving down here, I get an average of 36.7 mpg. Its nice for sure with higher gas prices.

Stay safe everyone.

Yay and Yay!!!

Love that you're getting yelled at for washing so much!!

Awesome get away! Amazing mileage. Enjoy the end and drive home! You'll probably need a wash once you return ;-)
 #387694  by sparky99
 April 10th, 2021, 9:57 pm
First Lady wrote: April 9th, 2021, 7:43 pm
sparky99 wrote: April 6th, 2021, 10:10 pm Well, I haven't done anything to the car but get yelled at for too many car washes... lol.

Stay safe everyone.

Yay and Yay!!!

Love that you're getting yelled at for washing so much!!

Awesome get away! Amazing mileage. Enjoy the end and drive home! You'll probably need a wash once you return ;-)
It ended up being a great trip and a short get away. The car did great. I took it for its (well, my) first oil change yesterday... At the Honda Dealer (the one I used to work at) you get oil changes for 12.95 if you buy the car from them. I got that done and ordered the fuel pump for it (its a freshly released recall) and got it scheduled for next friday. I also stopped by the local Batteries Plus Bulbs and got my Honda remote start Key Fob programmed. I asked another buddy that works at the shop and he said Honda removed the ability for them to program that remote. Anyways, the remote start works excellent!