Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Sparky99's 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T

• A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.
Membership Banner

A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.

Moderator: Moderators

#388209  by sparky99

working on my Carlisle list!

so far I have:

Clay Bar treatment
buff/cut/polish using my new da polisher

Look into a ceramic coating. (probably will not happen before the show, but no biggie)

full interior detail
day before show, I hope to clean the barrels of the wheels really good. Then be able to touch them up at the hotel.

Oh! I did my 2nd hand wash Saturday.... LOL
M-Pressive, LUNAT1C liked this
 #388658  by sparky99

So, I apparently suck at updating my threads!

I drove the new car to Carlisle a couple of weeks ago, it drove like a dream. 1069 miles total round trip and 39 mpg overall. I got 41mpg on the way there but drove a little more spirited on the way home. Overall Carlisle was a fantastic weekend. I cannot wait till next year. I will most likely register another car next year, (Maybe the Jeep?) and maybe try to drive it.... It'll hurt with the low mpg.. haha. Anyways, the car did great, I took home the "Member's Choice" award. That was a huge shock! And best of all, I got to see my buddies!
 #388673  by sparky99

StealthM wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 11:59 pm Well deserved and nice seeing you brother...
you guys too! I don't see this as a long trip. Its a trip to see family... which makes the long drive not seem so long.
 #388680  by Sneke_Eyez

Great to see you at Carlisle, bud! Glad the car was flawless on the trip!
 #388779  by sparky99

Car went back to the Tint shop for them to redo the windshield and to retint the Left Rear door window. The windshield had a scratch on the inside of the film (in between the glass and film was a grain of sand, when squeegeeing the water out it left a scratch in the tint). and there is a few bubbles on the left rear door glass.

Hopefully I pick it up after work.
 #388823  by sparky99

Welp, the car had to stay the night again at the tint shop... (I wasn't really thrilled...) They re tinted the windshield at 50% just like what was there before. It turned out pretty good.

Tonight, I had to remount my rear camera for my dash cam. I found at the store, some clear 3M double sided tape. That stuff is STICKY!!!
I got the camera remounted and checked the view. I think next on the list for this car will be tires. They are just horrendous in the rain. It hydroplanes so bad. I don't even want to think about winter time with them. So, I have begun looking to see what's out there. Any recommendations??? I've been looking at just about anything that is an All season Performance style tire. They are 19" wheels, so they are sure to be super cheap! LOL. That's going to hurt...
 #388824  by sparky99

Oh!! I will most likely hit 25k miles within the next couple of days...
 #388832  by LUNAT1C

I've had good luck with the KO2's on my "car". :lol:

I'm surprised the optional Pirelli Scorpions on the Durango did as well as they did this past winter. I put Toyo Proxes 4S on my Charger a few months before it was traded and that was a night and day difference over the Hankooks they replaced in winter driving. I'll be looking at the Toyos again and likely Continental DWS tires when the Pirellis wear out. John Benjamin swore by the all-season Continentals on his Special, and I put their "extreme" summer only tire on my Special at his recommendation for the brand. So far they're very good, though the ones I bought aren't winter rated (obviously).

When the Durango needs new tires is when we'll consider a wheel change. The custom white wheels the dealer did are neat, but I'll be looking at SRT wheels and possibly some 22" replicas that fill the wheel arches out better (pending cost of the wheels and cost of the tires), but Continental is high on the list whichever direction we go. Pricey, yes... but tires is typically something where you get what you pay for. General Tire is another good brand, but I've only heard about them from various offroading YouTube outfits.
sparky99 liked this
 #388876  by mopar39426ml

When I got different wheels for my Charger I went with Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires because they had the best treadwear rating of the "sticky all-season" category and had good wet ratings on tire rack in addition to the dry rating. I run snow tires on some throwaway wheels for winter, so I really didn't care about snow traction.

The only better tire all around that I recall seeing was the Michelin Pilot Sport AS, but they're pretty expensive.

I don't know if they're made in your size or not, but the methodology may help.

sparky99 liked this
 #389083  by sparky99

purchased and ordered new tires for the car on Monday. They will get put on Saturday morning (they had to be ordered in my size).
I ended up going with the Michelin Cross Climate 2, they have great reviews, my neighbor actually has them on his car and I asked him and he loves them. I'm excited to see how they drive in the rain and snow (Ugh!)

here's a link to what they look like:
https://www.google.com/search?q=micheli ... 11&dpr=1.5

I need to move south.... that snow word just sucks... lol
 #389084  by M-Pressive

South Carolina is calling your name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sparky99 liked this
 #389085  by First Lady

Agree!! So excited I won’t have to say bye to my wheels for the next 5 months or so and can continue to enjoy them year round.

Summerville is so wonderful and the schools are highly rated…just saying!
sparky99 liked this
 #389089  by LUNAT1C

Hey now, this is a family forum! No need to be casually dropping the "S-WORD" like that!

We'll see how SC is, in November... :wink:
 #389093  by Sneke_Eyez

Nice, I need some new tires for the Fusion. Considering going with a set of 80k mile tires for the first time in my life. At the rate Ashley puts miles on her car that might actually happen at some point.
Her car had brand new 40k mile tires on it when we bought it and we're almost at 30k and they're a cheap tire so I would rather replace them sooner than later.
I actually will need some new snows for it too next year... but I'm not afraid of snow. ;)
 #389094  by sparky99

Sneke_Eyez wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:28 pm Nice, I need some new tires for the Fusion. Considering going with a set of 80k mile tires for the first time in my life. At the rate Ashley puts miles on her car that might actually happen at some point.
Her car had brand new 40k mile tires on it when we bought it and we're almost at 30k and they're a cheap tire so I would rather replace them sooner than later.
I actually will need some new snows for it too next year... but I'm not afraid of snow. ;)
The tires on this car are absolute trash. I have no idea why Honda went with these tires. With that said, I am not afraid of snow. I just gotten a much more bitter attitude towards it each year. I don't like to live where the air hurts my face! lol.

I looked at several tires by the way. One I looked at was a bridgestone turanza quiet tracks and read a lot of great reviews. I just think these michelins will be a better choice for me. They do have a 60k mileage warranty, which is better than 40k....
 #389095  by 00R/T

sparky99 wrote:
Sneke_Eyez wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:28 pm Nice, I need some new tires for the Fusion. Considering going with a set of 80k mile tires for the first time in my life. At the rate Ashley puts miles on her car that might actually happen at some point.
The tires on this car are absolute trash. I have no idea why Honda went with these tires. With that said, I am not afraid of snow. I just gotten a much more bitter attitude towards it each year. I don't like to live where the air hurts my face! lol.

I looked at several tires by the way. One I looked at was a bridgestone turanza quiet tracks and read a lot of great reviews. I just think these michelins will be a better choice for me. They do have a 60k mileage warranty, which is better than 40k....
The tires on my Camaro are garbage too. They’re Goodyear runflats and they’re SO LOUD. I’m really trying to justify new tires because then I can justify the set of OEM ZL1 wheels I found a good deal on locally, but it’s a lease and good tires, especially in a 305/30ZR20 are $$$$$.
 #389096  by FIREM

M-Pressive wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:02 pm South Carolina is calling your name!

YUP!
sparky99 liked this
 #389099  by 00R/T

FIREM wrote:
M-Pressive wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:02 pm South Carolina is calling your name!

YUP!
I get this from my mom literally every night. lol
sparky99 liked this
 #389105  by sparky99

Woke up the morning and got ready. I had planned to go to the tire center to get the tires done but a work emergency came up. Steph actually took my car in for me while I was at work. (we lost the B-Phase power to the building, YIKES!) The car got the new michelin tires installed and she drove it home. I ended up getting home a little before 7:30, we ate dinner and then I had to go drive it. I'm excited to drive it in the rain now so I can see how they do.
I will definitely post up after driving it in the rain.
I will also try to get new pics of the car sometime very soon. Its too dark for any tonight.