Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 2019 Still Night Pearl Honda Accord Sport 1.5T -Sparky99

• A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.
ROM Banner

Membership Banner

A place to talk about your non-LH current or former vehicles.

Moderator: Moderators

#389115  by First Lady

00R/T wrote:
FIREM wrote:
M-Pressive wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:02 pm South Carolina is calling your name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YUP!
I get this from my mom literally every night. lol
Love this!!!
 #389116  by First Lady

sparky99 wrote:Woke up the morning and got ready. I had planned to go to the tire center to get the tires done but a work emergency came up. Steph actually took my car in for me while I was at work. (we lost the B-Phase power to the building, YIKES!) The car got the new michelin tires installed and she drove it home. I ended up getting home a little before 7:30, we ate dinner and then I had to go drive it. I'm excited to drive it in the rain now so I can see how they do.
I will definitely post up after driving it in the rain.
I will also try to get new pics of the car sometime very soon. Its too dark for any tonight.
Great to hear it all worked out! Will be interesting to see what you think of them in the rain given how bad the others were.

Yes, we’ve noticed the nights are getting shorter these days too!
 #389142  by sparky99

Well, I haven't gotten good pics of the car with the new tires yet. It was kind of a crazy week last week. Last weekend, our dryer broke. After I got off work Sunday, I had to repair that. Then on Tuesday, the wife called me and told me her CR-V had a water leak. It ended up being the roof mounted antenna. I repaired that on Wednesday. But! through all of this and the crazy amounts of rain we got on Tuesday/Wednesday, I have to say that the tires did awesome in the rain. I am very pleased with their performance! I didn't hit any crazy puddles on the highway at speed, but it did so much better on the new setup. I will call that a WIN.
As much as I hate it, I am looking forward to seeing how they do in that 4 letter "S" word... I just won't say it yet.. LOL.
I need to wash it, then I'll get pics of the whole car.
 #389144  by FIREM

Lookin Good!! FWIW We don't do S**# here in the South .....
sparky99 liked this
 #389151  by sparky99

FIREM wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:27 am Lookin Good!! FWIW We don't do S**# here in the South .....
I know, I know!!! LOL!

I purchased a Boost Gauge and it came in last week. I also installed a "Universal single gauge pod (A-Pillar)" on the driver a-pillar. I have to hook up the gauge, but I think it'll give me more accurate readings of boost level.
I need to pull the A-pillar and put some sort of textured black paint on the gauge pod. I don't like the factory surface compared to the surface of the a-pillar.
 #389159  by sparky99

got some pictures of the tires, but not of the whole car... lol.
also got a good pic of the gauge pod with the boost gauge installed. I still need to hook it up. I hope to do it soon. It is making me crazy that it's there and not functioning...

I hope to get a few shots of the car after its cleaned up.

#389160  by sparky99

I still want to find some black textured matte paint, and paint the gauge pod to see if it will match the A-pillar better.
 #389167  by StealthM

Hey Robert. you can buy automotive texture coat but it's very expensive it's usually cream in color so it can be top coated easier. believe it or not I used Rustolum truck bed liner from home depot to do my side mirrors on StealthM. texture matched perfectly with the factory texture for that year. comes in black like you want. kinda semi gloss and alot cheaper too. practice on cardboard first. the closer and heavier you spray will give you a more textured finish. the lighter and further away will give you a finer texture. As far as durability it's lasted me 3 years and still looks good. good luck.
 #389169  by sparky99

StealthM wrote: September 30th, 2021, 12:07 am Hey Robert. you can buy automotive texture coat but it's very expensive it's usually cream in color so it can be top coated easier. believe it or not I used Rustolum truck bed liner from home depot to do my side mirrors on StealthM. texture matched perfectly with the factory texture for that year. comes in black like you want. kinda semi gloss and alot cheaper too. practice on cardboard first. the closer and heavier you spray will give you a more textured finish. the lighter and further away will give you a finer texture. As far as durability it's lasted me 3 years and still looks good. good luck.
Thanks Clearance! I will definitely look into this! this may be right at what I need.
First Lady liked this
 #389316  by sparky99

Got my Boost Gauge working. Here's a video! I didn't drive it in the video. I can change the color of the back light as well. I will most likely leave it on either red or blue.

M-Pressive liked this
 #389320  by First Lady

Very cool Robert!!!
sparky99 liked this
 #389329  by Sneke_Eyez

Very cool!
 #389331  by sparky99

Driving around the past 24 hours or so, I've got it to read 16-17 PSI... which seems like a lot. But, I've read they can push up to 22 psi... I can already say that I like it much better than the stock "Bar" gauge...
 #389351  by sparky99

I ordered a "type R" style engine cover, a cone filter adapter that will fit with my PRL stage one intake and a cone filter for the car. I will begin install once everything comes in.
 #389354  by FIREM

Much Fun to watch that Boost Gauge go up :D as the Gas Gauge goes down :roll: :wink: