Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • May 2020 Ride of the Winner: A Tribute

• A Forum Highlighting the Best LH's around.
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

A Forum Highlighting the Best LH's around.

Moderator: Moderators

#384207  by dcsally97
 May 19th, 2020, 7:56 pm

May 2020 Ride of the Month Winner

Name: John Benjamin
Member Number: 703
Forum Name: beespecial
City, State: Indianapolis, IN
Car Specifications: 2003 Graphite Metallic Chrysler 300M Special

John has been a member of this club for the last 17 years and during this time he served on the Board of Directors, organized and hosted club meets, pulled parts at his local yards for himself and members in need, provided Blanton's (Precious) for Carlisle meets, cared dearly for his own M, cheered on fellow members, and offered genuine friendship to so many. For all of his contributions to this group and in celebration of his life, we honor John Benjamin with the May 2020 Ride of the Month.
First Lady, M-Pressive, StealthM and 1 others liked this
 #384208  by First Lady
 May 19th, 2020, 8:11 pm
May he Rest In Peace
dcsally97, Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #384209  by M-Pressive
 May 19th, 2020, 8:18 pm
May was a special month for John.

I can't think of another person that deserves the honor of being the Ride of the Month winner for May.

Rest in Peace my friend
First Lady, dcsally97, Sneke_Eyez and 1 others liked this
 #384213  by dcsally97
 May 19th, 2020, 8:54 pm
This has been awarded to a great member. One who exemplified what this club is about. He loved his car, and it showed. He loved this club, and it showed. He had many friends and was eager to make more. Rest in peace John, you are truly missed.
 #384215  by sparky99
 May 19th, 2020, 9:01 pm
His favorite month!
seems like a great way to Honor him
May he Rest In Peace, rest easy John. We already Miss you bud!!!
 #384216  by In-trepid
 May 19th, 2020, 9:20 pm
May was John's month as a beloved member of the unofficial Indy 500 club. It was his race, his city, and his to boast about to the rest of us around the country. It was only fitting that the race wasn't going to be run in this May in the month of John's passing. John meant so much to everyone he met and as a club we were just a small part of that group. Having worked for the last time with John just a couple of months ago, I feel grateful for the experience that we had and looked forward to the next time that we would meet. That time will come again, just not on the time schedule that we planned for it to. The May Ride of the Month is a fitting tribute to John and his meticulous upkeep of his 300m and those of some of the rest of us. We'll truely miss John. May his memory live on in club history for a long time. Rest in peace my friend!
 #384217  by Sneke_Eyez
 May 20th, 2020, 5:35 am
Rest in peace, John. This is a well-deserved honor.

I cannot think of a Member who more truly exemplified the idea of Ride of the Month: A great person who joined the Club early in its life and went on to serve the Club in a myriad of ways, who built a great Special and helped us all build and troubleshoot our own cars through the years.
 #384219  by KxWarrior
 May 20th, 2020, 6:33 am
Pretty much mirroring what everyone else has said, John is a perfect example of what it is that makes a club member, as well as a ride of the month winner. I cannot say anything more that anyone else has said. A great person with a love for the LH body, who has helped numerous people keep their cars alive, all the while remaining down to earth about it all.

The more I think about it the more I’ll miss seeing him every year at Carlisle.
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #384220  by FIREM
 May 20th, 2020, 6:59 am
RIP John, Thank You for helping me check INDY off the "Bucket List"
Without a guy like John, moments like this would not have happened.
Sneke_Eyez, M-Pressive liked this
 #384221  by LUNAT1C
 May 20th, 2020, 9:07 am
Just this morning, Facebook's algorithm served up a memory of a picture we took of the Welcome to Indiana sign, on our way to what would undoubtedly be a memorable weekend with family. So many memories came flooding back, particularly John's characteristic smile as he spent the weekend combining two things he loves dearly... the 500, and the M Club.

RIP, friend. We'll have a Crown for you this weekend.
 #384242  by monte4
 May 21st, 2020, 11:09 am
A fitting tribute to John for sure. RIP.