Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Need some help please.

• Discussions on suspension & steering repairs or upgrades.
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

Discussions on suspension & steering repairs or upgrades.

Moderator: Moderators

#383668  by In-trepid
 April 20th, 2020, 11:36 am
Looking at the printout, things don't look all that bad. The front is all in the green at least. The camber cam bolts that you ordered should allow you to fine tune the front camber to get the arrows to the middle, but I don't think that will make a major improvement, but every little bit helps. The preferred setting is 0.00 on both camber and toe. Caster also looks pretty good. The only adjustment for this is to loosen all 4 subframe bolts and move the subframe forward on the side where you need to create increased caster. You are close enough that I wouldn't mess with it.
The rear camber is about what we normally see on these vehicles that have not been modified to adjust camber on the rear wheels. The preferred setting on rear wheel camber is -0.20. The only way to get this is to replace the non-adjustable lateral link on each side with an adjustable one. The car comes from the factory with one adjustable and one solid lateral link on each side. This only allows for a toe adjustment on the rear wheels. The preferred setting on toe adjustment is +0.10, so I would try to get rear toe a little closer regardless. Thrust angle should be 0.00. The rear could be causing some of your problems.

Adjustable Lateral Link
https://smile.amazon.com/Dorman-521-945 ... ysler+300M

Be aware that the adjustable lateral links are not an easy install. The gas tank needs to be dropped to install one side and the 14" long bolts aren't too easy to get out as they tend to rust into place.

I will send you the Factory Service Manual section on rear suspension and wheel alignment. They are good reads to understand a little better what is going on.