• 2002 Chrysler 300M Pro Am Edition SOLD

• Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something

Moderator: Moderators

#380732  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 17th, 2019, 2:05 pm
For Sale is our 2002 Chrysler 300M Pro Am Edition, which has been my wife Ashley's daily driver since 2016.

The car has about 140,000 miles on it and that will continue to climb.

For an extensive list of modifications and maintenance performed chronicled by year, please see the thread on the car:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=36494

The good:
Tons of mods and upgrades, Special headlights, JBL Azera 600W Amplifier, Luxury Package woodgrain swap, etc. See the thread above for more details.
The car has been meticulously maintained while we have owned it.
I have only ever used Mobil 1 10W30 High Mileage in the car since we purchased it with 82,000 miles.
The car is not rusty underneath and does not have rust in the rear quarters or the floor.

In 2019 alone it has had the following work completed and items replaced, most within the past 1000 miles:
OEM Idle Air Control Valve
Gates Timing Belt, Water Pump, and Tensioner
Rear Timing Cover Seals
Coolant Flush and Fill with Zerex G-05
Valve Cover Gaskets
Plenum Gasket
PCV Valve
Remanufactured Alternator
Harmonic Balancer
Serpentine belt and accessory belt
AC Evaporator
AC Expansion Valve
AC Condenser
Used AC Compressor from a FL 79k mile Intrepid

The needs:
The AC does not work. Despite having replaced all of the above parts, I cannot pull a vacuum on the system, and a professional shop could not locate any leaks.
The edge of the roof has some rust bubbling due to the improper windshield molding issue.
The hood is rusty, along the front edge and the rear seam.
The dash is cracked.
The brake lines are in what I would describe as "fair" condition. I'd plan on replacing them after winter.
I would consider replacing the brake lines for a buyer if the buyer provided the brake line kit and all necessary items to replace the lines.

Here is the car this weekend, just after I changed the oil:

We have decided to replace the car with something newer that will get better gas mileage for Ashley's long trips back and forth to New Hampshire.

We'd like to get SOLD for the car as it sits with all mods and upgrades included other than the subwoofer.

We would be open to taking less for the car with a few modifications removed.

We would love to sell it to a fellow Club member - this car would make the perfect daily driver to keep your "show" LH clean.

If we do not sell it within the next several weeks we will likely be trading it in.

Please contact me if you are interested!
 #380746  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 18th, 2019, 12:08 pm
The car passed Massachusetts state inspection today. There is a minor belt squeak from the AC compressor going on. Otherwise it is running great.
 #380749  by beespecial
 September 18th, 2019, 7:02 pm
I sooo want this car. I think the mods and recent maintenance alone are worth $1800. Unfortunately, I just don't have the room for it. Those of you who have seen my driveway, and lack of parking space there and on the street, know my dilemma. I can't sell Dankota cause I really need a truck and I can't kick my daughter and granddaughter out to make room so...

Find it a good home Ryan.
 #380751  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 19th, 2019, 9:00 am
beespecial wrote: September 18th, 2019, 7:02 pm I sooo want this car. I think the mods and recent maintenance alone are worth $1800. Unfortunately, I just don't have the room for it. Those of you who have seen my driveway, and lack of parking space there and on the street, know my dilemma. I can't sell Dankota cause I really need a truck and I can't kick my daughter and granddaughter out to make room so...

Find it a good home Ryan.
Thank you, John.
I have heard that from several members now, that they would like to have it if they could make room for it, and that it is very fairly priced.

We would really like for it to go to a good home, which is why I do not have it listed anywhere right now but here on the Club.

I have a busy weekend ahead and once that has passed, I will be listing it on the more "traditional" sale sites.
 #380752  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 19th, 2019, 10:02 am
Incidentally, if someone wanted this car with some "extras" I would be willing to sell it along with my 2012 Chrysler 300S wheels with TPMS sensors in them and the nearly new 225/55/17 Michelin X-Ice Snow Tires mounted on 17'' Chrysler 300 Steelies for an extremely fair price.
This car would look great on the 300S wheels.
 #380785  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 23rd, 2019, 1:02 pm
As an FYI, I am listing the car on craigslist, etc. today.

I would really prefer if a Club member bought it, so please consider making an offer if you are serious.
I can also work with you if you are not local and would like to buy the car.
 #380810  by Katzchen78
 September 25th, 2019, 10:16 am
You should really keep this car until May and then sell it. Lol

She’s my favorite color too. I hope she gets a home where they’ll take care of her. So few people keep their cars running right anymore. :/
 #380811  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 25th, 2019, 12:17 pm
I appear to have the car sold to a long time friend, so this is pending sale.

He bought my 2001 Intrepid SE for his daughter to drive and the Pro Am will be for the same purpose.
He says he knows how well I maintain my vehicles, so he knows he will be getting a good one for her.
 #380925  by Sneke_Eyez
 October 6th, 2019, 10:11 am
Sold the car yesterday! Left the window cling on it - I know he will end up on the Club site soon!