Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 2002 Chrysler 300m Special (Bright Silver) 151,533 Miles

• Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something
Membership Banner

Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something

Moderator: Moderators

#389733  by HSOY80

FOR SALE - 2002 Chrysler 300M Special - Asking $4,500 USD.
Location: Pikeville, Tennessee (About 1 hour north of Chattanooga)

Please see the pictures below and specifically the one of the original window sticker that lists all the features of this 2002 300m Special.

I purchased this car in November 2006 with 60,450 miles. It had one previous owner who ordered it new from a Chrysler dealer in New Haven, FL. It's never been a daily driver for me. I have only ever driven it for leisure as I've always worked from home. This is why the mileage is very low. The car stayed in Florida until I moved to southeast Tennessee in late 2014. Again, only driven for leisure. This part of the country, and of course Florida, are not subject to heavy snow so this car has never been driven in salt and has none of the typical damage caused by those driving conditions. No rust! It's super clean as I've taken very good care of it over the years.

I gotta say. I love this car today as much as I did when I bought it! I'm selling it because I got married and my wife has a 2018 Toyota Corolla she loves and I need a truck for my business.

CONDITION
  • Interior: The inside is in excellent condition. There are virtually zero issues. Some minor wear, but for a vehicle of this age, it's super clean! The chrome foil on the driver door handle is cracking some and one small crack in the dashboard. Neither are very noticeable.
  • Exterior: The paint is in very good condition but does show some signs of age. No dents, large scratches, rust, etc. As mentioned below, the back passenger fender was repainted. The tires are in good shape and still have a lot of life left. The wheels have significant wear as some paint is missing. The spare tire and wheel are both in mint condition.
  • Mechanical: The engine runs great. Sometimes it requires pumping the accelerator a little when you start it. It leaks a little oil but does not burn oil. The A/C and heat both work great. Power seats, heated seats, radio, and CD player/4-disc changer all work great as well. As you can see from the pictures the following dash lights are illuminated: Engine light, Brake light; ABS light, and Trac Off light. All of these have been on for 6-8 years. They cause no issues with driving the vehicle. I was told the brake light is on due to some failed speed sensors on the wheels. I think only one of the tire pressure sensors works for the tire pressure monitoring system. It does come with the tire pressure sensor re-learn magnet though.
REPAIRS
  • 8/30/2011 - Recall work; driver seat recliner bolts (have receipt)
  • 11/07/2011 - Had windows tinted. (have receipt)
  • 11/08/2011 - Strut repairs (have receipt)
  • 12/2014 - Rebuilt transmission from RockAuto.com installed; (have receipts)
    • Transmission cooler lines flushed;
    • Water pump and timing belt replaced;
    • C.V. axle, right front.
  • 4/10/2018 - A/C compressor belt, alternator drive belt, and serpentine belt replacement. (have receipt)
  • 11/06/2018 - New radiator (have receipt)
  • 10/30/2019 - Inner tie rods (have receipt)
  • 5/2020 - Back passenger side fender and spoiler were repainted.
  • 7/2021 - Lower plastic trim around the bottom of the vehicle was repainted black. Looks great!
  • 8/12/2021 - Break service, front. Front brake rotors, two-year warranty. (have receipt)
    • Replaced front brake caliper. Heli coil spindle caliper bolt; left front.
INCLUDED
  • All original mats.
  • Original manual.
  • 2 sets of keys and with fobs.
  • Full-size spare tire/wheel, mint condition.
  • Tire pressure sensor re-learn magnet.
  • K&N air filter.
Please ask any questions you may have. If you would like more pictures let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #389734  by HSOY80

More pictures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #389735  by HSOY80

More pictures...
 #389736  by HSOY80

More pictures...
 #389737  by HSOY80

More pictures...
 #389741  by EasyRider300M

You might pull the code for the issue with warning lights being on. Put key in ignition, turn to position just before start (don't start the enginte) and then back to off position...do this a total of 3 times quickly. The error code will show in the odometer area.
If you can correct the issue causing the warning lights, you might have an easier time selling the car.
HSOY80 liked this
 #389742  by Countachqv

it appears to be a anti lock brake issue from the dash. I agree pull the front brake rotors do a cleaning of the parts / replace the bad sensors and check the light goes off. Should be straight forward having the car
 #389744  by EasyRider300M

I have read that sometimes a fault such as a lean condition which can set the engine warning light can then set off the traction/brake warning lights. Addressing the fault that caused the red engine warning light may well cause the brake warning lights to turn off. First thing to do is pull the code to see what the main engine problem is.