• Special gauge cluster $60 shipped, page 2 for pictures

• Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something

Moderator: Moderators

#378283  by dcsally97
 March 18th, 2019, 8:11 am
All there is a 2002 DSB Special in a local PNP. The front and rear bumpers look intact as well as the exhaust. The mirrors are decent with a noticeable mark on the passenger side. I also noted no glass on that side. The side molding is there as well. Although, it looks to be pulling away in a few spots. I am willing to pull these items if there is a definate interest. Please PM me if interested. I hate to see it go to waste.
 #378286  by Mottman
 March 18th, 2019, 8:57 am
Dcsally97,

I am interested. But it would be a few weeks for me to get the money available.

Then there is the question of how to retrieve the parts from you.
Unless you wanted to hold on to them till July and bring em to Carlisle.
( Yeah, like stuffing a pair of bumpers & other parts in your car and driving
hundreds of miles sounds like fun ! )

Either way, If they are in good shape and you can buy em I think you should.
I imagine someone in the club will want them enough to make the drive
to you.
If we don't start saving these parts, they will become extinct.
( and usually before you realize it ! )

Kinda scary, but I find myself on MOPARPARTSOVERSTOCK more than I
like to admit seeing the ever growing list of whats no longer available.

I think anyone who wants to keep enjoying these cars, better start stocking up
parts now.
 #378288  by dcsally97
 March 18th, 2019, 9:40 am
Brian, unfortunately I won't be at Carlisle this year. Our oldest daughter is graduating high school. I'm not even sure what value/price to put on this stuff. I need to firm something up if there is a definate interest, so I can spend the day at the yard. Looks like a sight shield is on the car also.
 #378290  by Countachqv
 March 18th, 2019, 10:53 am
Doug,
Regardless , I would say get the front bumper at a minimum. These are very hard to come by and very expensive to repair/paint.
 #378292  by dcsally97
 March 18th, 2019, 10:58 am
I'm still trying to convince my wife of it.
 #378296  by LUNAT1C
 March 18th, 2019, 2:44 pm
How was the condition of the hood? Any rust at the seams, dents, rust on the metal, big paint blemishes? Was there a lot of gap at the grilled and at the fenders?
 #378299  by Sneke_Eyez
 March 18th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Sounds to me like a good excuse to be putting a Special kit on that M there Doug!

As many, many others have said, a good condition Special front bumper is worth it to pull always.
However, the logistics of getting it to someone else are always hard unless they live close to you.
 #378301  by dcsally97
 March 18th, 2019, 6:57 pm
I am willing to pull everything. I'm willing to meet halfway if anyone agrees to a fair price and it isn't too far halfway.
 #378302  by cos1776
 March 18th, 2019, 7:31 pm
Even though I reached out to you in a PM, want to post here that I am interested in the exhaust, sight shield and the front and rear bumper reinforcements. Might take the front bumper as well depending on condition and if no one else can get it.
 #378303  by dcsally97
 March 18th, 2019, 9:07 pm
In order to be mindful of the MP rules, I will post pictures of the car. I am hoping to purchase these wheels for myself. As you can see the body of the car is in really good condition. There was an engine fire. I need firm commitments for these items if there are any interested parties. I work Monday thru Saturday, so I would be spending a full day at the PNP to collect all these parts. I hate to see this car go to waste, especially since these parts are near impossible to find. The interior parts are a no go, unless someone wants a 150 MPH cluster, headrests, or any easy to grab part. PM me to discuss price and meeting points. Thanks in advance, Doug

#378304  by sparky99
 March 18th, 2019, 9:13 pm
Doug, if you can get them, I'd love to buy both front door harnesses.
 #378309  by dcsally97
 March 19th, 2019, 6:16 am
I am willing to take deposits on items to make sure there is a definate commitment. I am willing to meet within a 3 hour drive from my house. I am looking to go to the yard this Sunday to pull what I can. PM for details. Thanks
 #378323  by adu1982
 March 20th, 2019, 3:30 pm
Is the driver side mirror ok (glass wise, ie not yellowed) . Interested in the mirrors. Or at least the passenger side one if the mounting (for the missing glass ) is ok. Both my mirrors on pass side are messed up (LHS from the parking lot accident, special from my dad hitting somebody else's mirror)
Been looking for almost a year but in the last 3 specials at my nearby yards they were all broken at the pivot point worse then mines.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#378325  by In-trepid
 March 20th, 2019, 4:33 pm
Alex, PM me. I can probably help you out.
 #378350  by dcsally97
 March 21st, 2019, 5:04 pm
Okay, I have a pretty firm interest in a lot of parts from John (cos1776). I will be going to the yard 3/24/19 in the morning to take pictures and will be there most of the day pulling parts if all goes as planned. If anyone else is interested in parts that I can access fairly easily please PM me for details. I will be pulling the signal mirrors as well as the 150MPH cluster. Shipping of small items can be arranged.