Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 02 blue sapphire 300m Special- only 40k miles!!!!!

• Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Club Members Only may Post an ad to buy or sell something

Moderator: Moderators

#378473  by mycordoba
 March 29th, 2019, 6:52 pm
Joined today so go easy on me folks. Just bought a Cordoba from the 70's (exact color/interior of my first car) so I must sell one of my collection. Picked up this 02 special at year end that needed tlc. Long story short, new solonoid(1776), abs pump,abs sensor, new speed sensor and new brake lines to fix a small leak. Everything works now except broken inside door handle. Bought 4 new Mastercraft LSR touring tires since I don't care for the harsh performance tires. Wife's 02 300m has severe hood damage from in the ditch blizzard accident. Car still drives perfect but is cosmetically hideous. Wife still looks pretty good but has lots of residual pain. This blue Special was to replace her smashed 300m. She's agreed to drive my Concorde Limited so I can house the Cordoba. The Chrysler dealership on my front lawn is maxxed out.

The GOOD: 40870 miles with carfax to prove it..miles recorded at yearly registrations. No accidents, flood damage, theft or any non sense. Mobil one oil change yesterday. Engine sounds like new, drives like new, NO DASHBOARD CRACK, interior is near perfect, doesn't appear back seat has been sat in. All lights, sunroof, radio, temp display all work perfectly. Really amazing inside.

The BAD: Now I'm pretty (CENSORED) and critical so bear with me. More time spent outside a garage than in. Fading paint on hood, trunk, and sunroof. Sides pretty good. No big dents or crashes but there are numerous little scratches, swirls, fading imperfections, etc. Looks great from 25 feet but up close you start to see numerous defects. Driver side outside mirror is smoky and has a crack. There is clearcoat peeling above rear passenger door. Only interior flaw is a cut on the pad where your left driver elbow would rest. Some polishing, buffing, detailing would help the outside a lot. Headlamps are passable, but barely...starting that fog thing.

Haven't driven it much as it's been in the shop for some time now and I didn't want to rush them as my lawn has just melted the snow and it was too muddy. New title in my name will arrive in a week...dealer dragged his feet on getting it to me.

I've put a ton of time and money getting this to it's now desireable condition. From all comparables and since I've bought, sold and currently own several of these, I know what it's worth. But I'll welcome your thoughts and input on price. Pretty sure first digit will be a five but I'm open to listen. Look at that odometer again before you vehemently disagree. Won't banter or fight on the site. Would prefer any criticism be in person, on the phone or private message. Prefer you arrange a time to inspect in person if you're interested. I live one hour north of Grand Rapids, MI in Stanwood off 131.

So if you really ever wanted that most desireable 02 Special in Deep Sapphire Blue....only 40k miles...wife says what's that wonderful smell? I responded it's "new car smell"...(we haven't had a new car in years!!) Fabulous inside if you can get by some of the outside imperfections..but those can be handled if you can't live with less than perfection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #378475  by Countachqv
 March 29th, 2019, 7:25 pm
I think that you should put a price on that car and some more pictures, like the engine and close ups.
I'll be the first to welcome you but I realize that you come on board the very same day you put a sale add and nobody knows you. I found this club to have great members, so i'll set a caution flag here.
I'll also be a little blunt: I always shy away from sales add asking buyers to put a price on a the product for sale you know how much you bought, you know how much you spent, I personally in such case would know how much to sell for.
If you want an idea for pricing, there is a member here that sold very good Ms (3 of them) , well known and at very good price. Note that a 5K+ M car should be perfect inside out which from the description may not be the case.
 #378476  by M-Pressive
 March 29th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Welcome to the club! Thanks for joining and sharing your car with the group.

I wish it was closer, I would come take a look.

Good luck with the sale!
 #378513  by Sneke_Eyez
 April 1st, 2019, 9:13 am
Richard - welcome to the Club, we are glad to have you. It sounds like you are passionate about these cars as we are.
Thanks for sharing your 300M with us and giving us the opportunity to buy a clean example.

As you are a new member, you may not have seen the Buy/Sell/Trade Rules located here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16835

In accordance with Rule #2: "You must include a price in your post."

Please put a price on the car.
I have sent you this via PM as well. Thank you.
 #378514  by LUNAT1C
 April 1st, 2019, 10:11 am
Welcome to club! It seems you have quite a bit of experience with LH cars, hopefully you'll stick with us after this car sells!

Based on what I can see in the images, it seems a bit of iron decon, clay bar, and a couple passes of the buffer with compound and jeweling polish will go a long way on the paint and headlights.

Some helpful information for potential buyers would be, any service history you might have, when the timing belt and water pump were replaced (if at all, this might be the most critical bit of service information), and previous registration location (or better yet, condition of the underbody and level of rust known on the brake lines, common point on these cars).

I live 30 minutes north of downtown Detroit, so I known how cars of this vintage in Michigan can be. Buyers will want to know that especially if they might not be able to see it in person first.

GLWS! If I had the space to store a third Special, I'd be considering making the drive out there to check it out myself. I'm a bit partial to Sapphire Blue Specials, myself. ;)
 #378547  by LUNAT1C
 April 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
mycordoba wrote: April 1st, 2019, 8:39 pm Thanks for the replies. The car is no longer for sale as I have decided to keep the car
That's a plan I can get behind! Make sure you stick around. Anything that car or your other LH cars needs, odds on bet the answers are all right here in our knowledgebase!