Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Radio

• Post about dealer experiences
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Post about dealer experiences

Moderator: Moderators

#38996  by xamas

I have an 02 300m with 45K miles. My radio started acting up this week, when I change stations it takes anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds to anything again. This also happens when I change from am/fm/cd.. Any idea what maybe going bad.Thanks
 #140224  by barracudaEd

xamas wrote:I have an 02 300m with 45K miles. My radio started acting up this week, when I change stations it takes anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds to anything again. This also happens when I change from am/fm/cd.. Any idea what maybe going bad.Thanks
I just found this forum, looking for solutions to the same problem. Mine is a very early (august 2001) production, 52k miles.
I have put up with the problem you describe for quite a while. Then finally, it went crazy. Full volume, it could not be turned down or off. You could turn the key off and shut the doors, still full blast. I had to listen to it that way, until I got some place to look for the fuse. The power amp fuse disabled it.
That night, I disconnected the battery and allowed it to reset. That fixed it for a couple days, now it is back to it's old self.
I would like to find a source to show the radio removal, and a schematic if possible.
Good Luck!

#140293  by sdmike300m

I had to replace my 01 head unit because of similar problems. It went nuts. Turns out the radio went bad and there really wasn't a repair for it. My car was under warranty so the dealer simply replaced it. Problem went away.