Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • SPARK PLUG REPLACEMENT

• Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

#219059  by tennessee

hey guys... i am new to the forum and i was just wondering... are there any diagrams for spark plug replacement... a check engine light came on and it said that my 3rd cylinder was misfiring... so im gonna start by replacing my spark plugs... any input would be great... thanks alot
 #219060  by EasyRider300M

Welcome to the 300M Enthusiasts Club message board. This link should help you. It's just a sample of what's available via the knowledgebase forum (available to members of the club).

http://theswampbbs.com/300m/plugchange/default.html

You might think of joining the club---best investment you can make in keeping your M in good repair.

http://300mclub.org/v3join.html

how long have you owned your M? Any other problems with it? Did you do the timing belt/water pump change yet (due at 100k)?
 #219061  by 300maximilien

You really don't need a diagram. You will need to remover the coil packs on top of the engine. There is one over each spark plug tube. BE very careful with the torx head screws...some strip easily.

Check out the Spark Plug Forum for good advice on how to attack them and most recommend NGK platinum plugs
 #219070  by tennessee

i am the third owner of my 300m... its a 2001 and a wonderful car. I got it from my mother because she got a chevy.... first thing i did was replace the tie rods... i had a good 45 degrees of play in the steering. i have not done much other stuff besides a transmission flush new oil change and new tires... it currently has 150000 miles on it... its a means of transportation for me from school (ETSU )to work to home.
 #219071  by EasyRider300M

you need to do the timing belt/water pump asap or risk losing your engine when it breaks
 #219072  by tennessee

is the change a type of thing i can do on my own... i am fairly good with my hands and always did my own labor on an 88 caravan.... any specialty tools needed?
 #219076  by Bill Putney

tennessee wrote:...its a means of transportation for me from school (ETSU )...
"G-o-o-d o-l-d Rocky Top - Rocky Top Tennessee!!" Image
 #219133  by 300maximilien

tennessee wrote:is the change a type of thing i can do on my own... i am fairly good with my hands and always did my own labor on an 88 caravan.... any specialty tools needed?
If you are referring to the Timing Belt/Water Pump "thing" it is a fairly easy although time consuming DIY and there is lots of information in the Knowledge Base for "Contributing Members"
 #219157  by grayslater

tennessee wrote:is the change a type of thing i can do on my own... i am fairly good with my hands and always did my own labor on an 88 caravan.... any specialty tools needed?
If you don't remove the harmonic balancer, it's pretty much the use of general tools. A torque wrench would probably be the most specialized tool needed. The job can be very intimidating but after seeing it done once, I'll be doing my own come the next time it's needed.
 #221743  by DillonS

grayslater wrote:
If you don't remove the harmonic balancer, it's pretty much the use of general tools. A torque wrench would probably be the most specialized tool needed. The job can be very intimidating but after seeing it done once, I'll be doing my own come the next time it's needed.

im going to be changing my harmonic balancer in a few days. im just gonna rent the puller from AutoZone. any tips? i hope the puller from AZ works