Which Color would you choose

Emerald Green Metallic
14%
Frost Blue Metallic
29%
Chestnut Brown Metallic
57%
 #260100  by jr1stgen

After a long and hard fought battle with my car, I am finally ready to get ready to start getting it ready for paint of the outside of the car. I am planning on doing the paint job myself if all possible since I do not know any good / reputable paint shops around here. I know it is not going to be easy to do, but if I take my time I should get it completed with little to no issues.

I already got a good line on the paint, but I am just stuck on what should be the 2nd color I want to paint the car. The original color is going to be going back on the car, but I have started liking the 2-tone theme (My C-3500 is a 2-tone).

Original Color that is going back (MAIN):

Choices for the 2nd color and where I am stuck at:

I am only listing the emerald Green Metallic because it was what I already had in part of my color settings, but right now I really do not want to use it because I already have that color destined for another of my projects which is way down the road (If I can locate all parts for it).
 #260108  by Tarheel

Sorry, I don't like any of them with the candy apple red. :|
 #260117  by EasyRider300M

none of the above

how bout burgundy

#260127  by 300maximilien

out of those 3 choices...the brown...not a fan though I would consider another shade of red
 #260134  by Tarheel

I don't know part of the car is red. But red or silver (without the blue) is nice together.
 #260141  by FIREM

If you have woodgrain interior I would go with the Chestnut Brown as an accent....
 #260143  by Tarheel

300maximilien wrote:out of those 3 choices...the brown...not a fan though I would consider another shade of red
Pink?
 #260144  by LUNAT1C

None of the above... Spray the whole car in Candy Apple Red and call it a day. If you MUST have a two tone (I'm assuming for the cladding seen on ES and Sport models?) then do silver.
 #260152  by Bill Putney

Think about the below color scheme, realizing of course that an Intrepid is not a 300M, and the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have seriously considered a similar idea for my '98 Candy Apple Red Concorde that has bad clear coat only on the top surfaces (roof, hood, deck lid).

The following is a PhotoShop job that MathWiz did for sc.intrepid:

Here's a PhotoChop job that MathWiz did at my request on an Candy Apple Red Concorde (the original photo is not my car but a photo that Charles found somewhere):

Before PhotoShop:

After PhotoShop:
 #260188  by jr1stgen

Bill Putney wrote:Think about the below color scheme, realizing of course that an Intrepid is not a 300M, and the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have seriously considered a similar idea for my '98 Candy Apple Red Concorde that has bad clear coat only on the top surfaces (roof, hood, deck lid).

The following is a PhotoShop job that MathWiz did for sc.intrepid:

Here's a PhotoChop job that MathWiz did at my request on an Candy Apple Red Concorde (the original photo is not my car but a photo that Charles found somewhere):

Before PhotoShop:

After PhotoShop:
That was my intentions with the way I want to paint it.

Of course Silver is still not out of the question.

-----------------------

2-tone has been on my mind for a while, but thinking about it after reading some of your, I still would think that here in my town, I would still have the cleanest (and shiny) 1st gen around. All the 1st gens I have seen around here are beat up and the sun has done it's damage to the paint job (Other when people just buy the regular spray paint from Wal-Mart).
 #260191  by Tarheel

I'd go for silver or white.
 #260206  by TrueBlue

Green with red? lol srs?

A candy red (is this actually going to be candy paint or just "candy apple red") is best served with black or a deep charcoal gray. Anything more and you will visually begin pulling from the bright color.

Consider a black base with a candy red topcoat, then cleared - the candy will be visible in the sun, otherwise a rich black will be dominant.
 #260394  by jr1stgen

TrueBlue wrote:Green with red? lol srs?

A candy red (is this actually going to be candy paint or just "candy apple red") is best served with black or a deep charcoal gray. Anything more and you will visually begin pulling from the bright color.

Consider a black base with a candy red topcoat, then cleared - the candy will be visible in the sun, otherwise a rich black will be dominant.
The car itself will be standard Factory color. According to Chrysler's Build Sheet on my car, it is Candy Apple Red Metallic. Door sticker says PAINT:PHC.
 #260498  by 300M_Brat

If you want to go for the whole Christmas theme.... then Green is you answer.

If you want to add a set of 24" swheels and LV's all over the car & go for the Louis Vuitton theme.... then Brown would be the choice.

But truthfully my choice is the Silver!!!