Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • At what point do plugs need to be changed?

• Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Get your T-25 torx wrench and come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

#281634  by Bill Putney

LUNAT1C wrote:So I've been told. I've not removed the engine cover and looked as yet but modern Hemis were apparently designed that way since their first application in the Ram pickup truck.
I Bing'd "two plugs per cylinder" with "charger" and got enough hits saying that that I think it's true.
 #281640  by Shadowvox6

tarheel wrote:
shadowvox6 wrote:FWIW, I change my plugs once a year.
----------------------------------------
Why once a year?

I do this to coincide with my heavy maintenance for the year.
Makes sense to me.
 #281641  by 300maximilien

The NGK's come with a 3-year warranty.
I have a set on standby...one goes in, the old gets exchanged at Advance Auto Part under warranty, and goes on the shelf.

I have never bought into that 100k crap.
I have seen plugs that go 100k, and they wouldn't fire up a lawn mower (much like a Champion!!)
So the plugs go bad in a year? How do 6 plugs go bad every year?
 #281642  by JTROANOKE

changed them in my car at 50k and 100k, with no discernable change in performance. I think the NGK's would be OK for 100k.
My wife's 04 Avalon is still running strong with 118k on the original plugs. Will let you know what they look like. The replacements are sitting on my workbench along with a timing belt/WP and all the goodies that go with it. I almost hate to touch the car since it runs so well. You can set a glass of water on top of the engine. The engine light has never,ever come on. The only things touched under the hood are filters and fluids. There is not a single replacement part on this car except air and oil filters, brake pads and tires. And one broken sunvisor clip!
 #281658  by Tarheel

I don't know how my M could run any better and It has the origional plugs, now over eight years old.
 #281660  by LUNAT1C

300maximilien wrote:
I have a set on standby...one goes in, the old gets exchanged at Advance Auto Part under warranty, and goes on the shelf.

I have seen plugs that go 100k, and they wouldn't fire up a lawn mower (much like a Champion!!)
I think he's calling it a "while I'm in there" thing. They're easy enough to do and he said he returns them under warranty... so why not?
 #281661  by LUNAT1C

Bill Putney wrote:
LUNAT1C wrote:So I've been told. I've not removed the engine cover and looked as yet but modern Hemis were apparently designed that way since their first application in the Ram pickup truck.
I Bing'd "two plugs per cylinder" with "charger" and got enough hits saying that that I think it's true.
Did I tell the Great Bill Putney something he didn't know?! :lol:

Learning something new every day makes life worth living.
 #281664  by Shadowvox6

LUNAT1C wrote:
300maximilien wrote:

I think he's calling it a "while I'm in there" thing. They're easy enough to do and he said he returns them under warranty... so why not?

Exactly.
Call it peace of mind.
Call it I have seen 100k plugs, and it scared the crap out of me.
 #281667  by Tarheel

----------------I have seen 100k plugs, and it scared the crap out of me.[/quote]

What did you see that "scared the crap" out of you?
 #281686  by grayslater

I know that there are a couple of you that do this, but how in the world do you exchange spark plugs under warranty, Tom?