Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • K&N Air Filter Wrap for CAI

• Getting More Air? A Hot Mod. Discuss here.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Getting More Air? A Hot Mod. Discuss here.

Moderator: Moderators

#306364  by grayslater

I purchased this item just over a year ago. Yesterday was the first day that I removed it to clean and recharge my K&N air filter. Though the bottom did get a bit dirty, it kept the larger debris out of the filter and helps shed any water that may come in contact with your filter.

Worth the $24, perhaps not? At the time of my purchase, it was $19 and I used some rewards points to reduce it further. It also helps add a little color underneath the hood. :) Don't believe my came with the K&N logo as is placed on the below image but on the end opposite of the opening.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E7 ... UTF8&psc=1
 #306384  by grayslater

I don't regret the purchase, but would say that it is expensive.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
 #306425  by Shadowvox6

I switched to an AEM Dryflow filter a couple of years ago, and has eliminated the need for the Precharger, oiling the filter, etc.
 #306435  by paintballdude05

I use one of those on my snowmobile's air filter. It worked really well and held up (I've only had it for a year) to some pretty harsh conditions. The air filter is mounted directly on the turbo yet it still eats snow. The main reason for getting it was to keep snow/water out of the air filter when going through deep powder. It might be overkill for the city slickers, but I wouldn't hesitate to get one if you hit any dusty conditions. Here's a pic of it mounted in the sled.

#306440  by LUNAT1C

shadowvox6 wrote:I switched to an AEM Dryflow filter a couple of years ago, and has eliminated the need for the Precharger, oiling the filter, etc.
How is that working out for you? I have a tendency to over-oil my filters (both cars have oil-gauze cone filters) and have been looking at other alternatives.
 #306499  by Shadowvox6

LUNAT1C wrote:
shadowvox6 wrote:I switched to an AEM Dryflow filter a couple of years ago, and has eliminated the need for the Precharger, oiling the filter, etc.
How is that working out for you? I have a tendency to over-oil my filters (both cars have oil-gauze cone filters) and have been looking at other alternatives.

Great..it is a Dryflow Synthetic filter...K&N makes cleaner for it...
Reminds me, I need to clean mine....once a year!!
 #306512  by grayslater

It's not hard to oil these guys. Usually takes 2 coats. If there are any areas still white in color, give it another spray.
 #306521  by M-Pressive

I ordered a cover today. Thanks for the link Corey.
 #306614  by grayslater

SilverSpecial wrote:I ordered a cover today. Thanks for the link Corey.
No problem, Keith!
 #306670  by 300maximilien

grayslater wrote:It's not hard to oil these guys. Usually takes 2 coats. If there are any areas still white in color, give it another spray.
x2 very easy to do. Clean it and its lighter colored....apply oil in coats till nicely colored :P

Rememebr even with this cover the filter still needs cleaning and oiling...
 #306713  by grayslater

300maximilien wrote:
grayslater wrote:It's not hard to oil these guys. Usually takes 2 coats. If there are any areas still white in color, give it another spray.
x2 very easy to do. Clean it and its lighter colored....apply oil in coats till nicely colored :P

Rememebr even with this cover the filter still needs cleaning and oiling...
Yes, and I usually do mine annually.
 #306718  by Maximus

get two like I did and just swap them, this way you don't need for it to dry after you wash out out.
 #309609  by SpeedBallDEVIL

I bought one of these when I first installed my K&N CAI. I got a black one and it makes the bay look nice and clean. I usually brush off the larger deposit of debris from it so it does work well. Most of the water comes from below the cone. I would recommend getting one, I have no hesitation driving through large puddles or heavy rain.
 #309610  by EasyRider300M

I would think you would get just a bit more restriction but probably not nearly as much restriction as the oem setup.
 #309657  by grayslater

EasyRider300M wrote:I would think you would get just a bit more restriction but probably not nearly as much restriction as the oem setup.
This is much less restrictive than the filter itself. It's a thin material and can be seen through. Water goes right through it when I washed it.