Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Attention to Detail

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#167759  by EasyRider300M

even FireM might learn a few things from this super step by step detailing description by an expert top notch detailer.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=79859

#167786  by tinman

Amazing. Amazingly beautiful. 8)

#167799  by FIREM

Well it started out like any normal week, then turned into "show prep" by the end This guy is off the hook clean !!!!!! Wow, thanks EZ yes I did find a few "tips"

#186085  by LOUD98ES

You must have a very patient wife Bob...

#186104  by FIREM

Yes ! my wife has tolerated me for almost 35 years (so far) !!

#186105  by tinman

FIREM wrote:Yes ! my wife has tolerated me for almost 35 years (so far) !!
Or, as I always say, 88 years of wedded bliss :!:

#186106  by EasyRider300M

and I bet you don't have one speck of dust in your home either, Bob

who does the house cleaning--you or your wife?

#186108  by EasyRider300M

That car probably never sees bad weather and most of time sits in a huge garage with other collectible cars. So the detailing job probably lasts a year or more.

That detailing job took a total of 55 hours---my bet is it cost about $3000. The detail shop now has 3 of the owner's cars under contract.

hey Bob---are you now a member of that detailing message board?

#186141  by FIREM

I spent about an hour over at the detailing message board, different bunch to say the least. Not a member.....
Typical "Show prep" for my daily driver is 30- 40 hours of "rubbin" Weekly bath and detail only an hour or so......
Garage is mine to clean, the rest of the house ???? no time... LOL Cleaning lady comes once a week.....

#189944  by 300man86

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E

I spent about 5-6.5 hours detailing mine and other vehicles. I charge about $50- $85 depending on the vehicle, dirtyness, and what detailing option.

Yes my prices are cheap but people are cheap around here to.

Chris

#189948  by SPAD3

I am almost to the point where I am going to start detailing. Its easy money and fun at the same time. Takes me 2 days to completely do my car. Thats with midweek vacuuming and lint brush..... man I wish I had a garage.

Re:

#205951  by LOUD98ES

KINGSPADE wrote:I am almost to the point where I am going to start detailing. Its easy money and fun at the same time. Takes me 2 days to completely do my car. Thats with midweek vacuuming and lint brush..... man I wish I had a garage.
I thought about it too. It's good side work but it's never guarenteed. I charged those prices but worked my (CENSORED) off and most people tipped me 10-$30 above what I asked. I just don't have the time anymore.
 #205961  by EasyRider300M

30 pages of posts on that one Lambo detail and still getting hits!

nice to see this worthy topic reactivated
 #205974  by 85merk

i love reading up on that detailer's work.
he is absolutely amazing and thorough.
also read somewhere his detail jobs run around US$15,000
 #320659  by Legenbas

Wow this guy is in depth with his detail work... I wish I had the patience.