Gotta Poll, post it here

Moderator: Moderators

Keep Black Mirrors or Paint Graphite?

Black
25%
Graphite
75%
 #320751  by SJSlick75

Going to the body shop in a week now. I have the Graphite Metallic Special w/ black mirrors. Do you guys think I should get them repainted black or get them painted graphite metallic? Not really sure.
 #320753  by LUNAT1C

Body color.
 #320755  by M-Pressive

Body color would be different and look good.

Only do it if they are going to take the mirrors apart and paint behind the lenses.
 #320763  by FIREM

Body Color Rules...
 #320764  by 300maximilien

Body color only if they will use flex additive and several coats of clear to protect the finish.

If you tape off the glass and rubber glass surround you can trim with a blade just outside the rubber edge. This will allow the color to get in there enough so you don't risk breakage trying to remove the glass. I have painted 3 sets this way and they looked perfect.
 #320809  by SJSlick75

300maximilien wrote:Body color only if they will use flex additive and several coats of clear to protect the finish.

If you tape off the glass and rubber glass surround you can trim with a blade just outside the rubber edge. This will allow the color to get in there enough so you don't risk breakage trying to remove the glass. I have painted 3 sets this way and they looked perfect.
You removed the turn signal correct?
 #320812  by M-Pressive

SJSlick75 wrote:
300maximilien wrote:Body color only if they will use flex additive and several coats of clear to protect the finish.

You really should. There is a small strip behind the lens that will show.
 #320830  by SJSlick75

SilverSpecial wrote:
SJSlick75 wrote:

You really should. There is a small strip behind the lens that will show.
Ok cool. I'll make sure then.
 #320925  by 300maximilien

Keith is right.....I forgot these were signal mirrors. Must remove glass and lens assembly for proper painting.